ROM stagnation

Guest stoolzo

I know for a fact that at least 2 new "stock, modified" roms, with various bug fixes will be out in the next month or so which should replace MCR8 on a lot of your devices.

Are these Modaco ROM's? And do you know which fixes they will include?

Guest Lennyuk
Are these Modaco ROM's? And do you know which fixes they will include?

No these are not modaco roms, but are the same rom...

Modaco roms largely consist of a modified stock rom, especially when it comes to the vega Paul added very little of his own work to them which means you now get lots of people making their own very slightly different roms based on the same thing.

Fixes will include (assuming they get fixed as intended) wifi sleep policy, accelerometer for games, volume, and maybe governors

Guest premieral
No these are not modaco roms, but are the same rom...

Modaco roms largely consist of a modified stock rom, especially when it comes to the vega Paul added very little of his own work to them which means you now get lots of people making their own very slightly different roms based on the same thing.

Fixes will include (assuming they get fixed as intended) wifi sleep policy, accelerometer for games, volume, and maybe governors

great news Lennyuk :D cant wait

i love tinkering :D

Guest warriorscot

As it is the roms is as good as its going to be for 2.2 on the vega its fast, fulll featured and at least as stable as the stock rom.

Once we see the manufacturers releasing a honeycomb update things will likely pick up.

Guest bazanime

So many different version, so many conflicting views, so so many fixes littered around the forum. You can understand how confusing it can get for a noob even with search.

Thankfully you have the how to guides that try to consolidate things. Some up to date video guides would help and even the written guides should have dates to indicate when they were last updated so users dint go installing an outdated fix that will break something. Understand?

Anyway I'm not new to device modding scene since my first flash of KDE onto a Nokia N810 and jailbreaking an ifone or two. I am glad to know the Vega is unbrickable, so I can throw most any rom at it.

I find it funny that this day 25th March 2011 when many are lining up round the block under nature's whims to get an ifad 2, I will be safe at home taking delivery of my Vega, a device that can take on 95% of similar tasks without taking out a Bank loan.