LG GT540 Built In WIFI Hotspot

Guest CTFunkmonkey

Guest CTFunkmonkey

Hello all,

First post so please go easy on me :D

Ive been looking all over the intarbutts trying to find an answer for this but it always seems to degenerate into "Why dont you download this instead?" yada yada yada. Im looking for a solution that would either be a workaround or a mod or something that does not involve me downloading more 3rd party software.

My question is this -

Are there ANY 2.2 or 2.3 builds where the BUILT IN WIFI HOTSPOT actually works?

Im running CM7 on my Optimus which is great, and yes i wirelessly tether using wifi tether, works great, but its yet another app i have to install on my phone. Im wanting to know if it works natively so i can get rid of it, and just use the native stuff instead.

I can see why other users push downloading stuff and thats fair enough, but i would much rather use inbuilt features of a phone than have to stuff around and download stuff (or backup/restore).

Guest CTFunkmonkey

Oh and i thought i should just clarify the error im getting too, it does seem to be a common occurrence.

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Tethering & Portable hotspot -> Portable Wifi Hotspot. Click on the tickbox, it thinks about it for a moment, then comes up with ERROR. USB Tethering also comes up with an error. Im unsure why.

The supposed widget workaround does NOT work, and thats trying several different widgets and settings programs, which also completely defeat the purpose of this excercise anyway!

Guest fdespotovski
Hello all,

First post so please go easy on me :D

Ive been looking all over the intarbutts trying to find an answer for this but it always seems to degenerate into "Why dont you download this instead?" yada yada yada. Im looking for a solution that would either be a workaround or a mod or something that does not involve me downloading more 3rd party software.

My question is this -

Are there ANY 2.2 or 2.3 builds where the BUILT IN WIFI HOTSPOT actually works?

Im running CM7 on my Optimus which is great, and yes i wirelessly tether using wifi tether, works great, but its yet another app i have to install on my phone. Im wanting to know if it works natively so i can get rid of it, and just use the native stuff instead.

I can see why other users push downloading stuff and thats fair enough, but i would much rather use inbuilt features of a phone than have to stuff around and download stuff (or backup/restore).

It doesn't work natively,I think...