[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest beebaakid

been using n59 for a couple of hours accelerometer lag is still there, when playing doodle jump its miles out,

Guest hugobosslives

on this accerometer thing people keep going on about.

I'm confused. I've never had any problems with this on cm7 (been using since rc1). all my games such as nfs shift, speedx 3D, abduction etc run perfectly.

wondering (not complaining) why I don't expeirence this.

(gen2 blade converted with wbaw's tpt)

Guest sej7278
Is there any FM radio application or there is nothing yet?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring! i think you'll find that the fm radio will never work again, unless zte opensource the libraries.

Guest Roku

New Google Talk working with video/audio?

edit: new Talk is working and asks WiFi connection for video/audio chat but is still no go :/

Edited by Roku

Guest beebaakid
on this accerometer thing people keep going on about.

I'm confused. I've never had any problems with this on cm7 (been using since rc1). all my games such as nfs shift, speedx 3D, abduction etc run perfectly.

wondering (not complaining) why I don't expeirence this.

(gen2 blade converted with wbaw's tpt)

I have a gen1 oled uk orange (gen2 blade converted with wbaw's tpt) and the lag gets steadily worse the longer the phones on, I also have the charger reboots, think I might be going back to SS5 till they get sorted.

Guest supermies123

When reading about all these issues which still haven't been fixed, I'm starting to think that Android 2.3 is really not meant to be on Blade phones :mellow:

Guest hugobosslives
I have a gen1 oled uk orange (gen2 blade converted with wbaw's tpt) and the lag gets steadily worse the longer the phones on, I also have the charger reboots, think I might be going back to SS5 till they get sorted.

hmmm weird. mines uk too. b05 oled if that matters.

don't have the charger reboots either. tho Indo find charging now takes three hours instead of two that it took on pre n39 nightlies....

When reading about all these issues which still haven't been fixed, I'm starting to think that Android 2.3 is really not meant to be on Blade phones :D

don't say that! it's still totally awesome and way better than 2.2.

tho I guess I wouldn't like it so much if I had the problems some others have. as I love the blade as a gaming device :mellow: guess I should count myself lucky.

sounds like you don't use cm7 tho? give it a try. I bet you'll prefer it :o

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Bluedriver
i have a question..! can we unzip N59 then remove/add few apps then zip it again ?will it work?just asking so i dont mess with that now.

you dont need to unzip anything, just delete what you want inside the zip file with WinRar or similar tool...

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Gonna ruin the trail of bug reports by saying...s'all good here on N59 :mellow:

And about 2.3 not being meant for our phones, remember. This is not being build by ZTE, with it's workforce of dozens. On the blade side, it's being maintained by 2 to 4 people. Without access to the source code libs, that the chinese guys at ZTE wrote and understand. They're currently enduring, but pretty much winning an uphill battle.

Guest manji

I've installed N59 and I'm going to wait tonight and see about the battery issue.

If all goes OK, I'll install gapps tomorrow.

Cheers

Guest jijijoujou1
Accelerometer is much better, at least in ShootMe and Gallery.

did you test it with dooly jump or speed 3dx ?

Guest Roku
did you test it with dooly jump or speed 3dx ?

Just tried Speedx 3D and I would say it works. Is it what you ment?

Edited by Roku

Guest sej7278
And about 2.3 not being meant for our phones, remember. This is not being build by ZTE, with it's workforce of dozens. On the blade side, it's being maintained by 2 to 4 people. Without access to the source code libs, that the chinese guys at ZTE wrote and understand. They're currently enduring, but pretty much winning an uphill battle.

exactly, this phone was originally android 2.1 and very few versions of it run 2.2, its bloody impressive to get 2.3.4 running on it without any "official" help.

considering google's own $500 phones have only officially run 2.3.4 for a couple of weeks, its pretty cool for a £89 phone to be running the same kit already.

Guest KACE_231
Just tried Speedx 3D and I would say it works. Is it what you ment?

The acclerometer lag can only really be noticed if you play the same game on a 2.1/2.2 ROM and then try it on CM7 ROM, the best game in my opinion that shows the lag is definitely doodle jump

Guest popoyaya
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring! i think you'll find that the fm radio will never work again, unless zte opensource the libraries.

Considering CM7, and modders in general, generate huge sex appeal and advertising for any Android phone, it would be in ZTE's interest to opensource the libraries. Are you listening ZTE???

Guest jijijoujou1

just Installed N59 , an played Speed3dx got 2080 score , its mean Accelorometer problem is solveddddd , No Accelorometer no cryy :mellow:

Guest simonckenyon

i have been trying to understand my wifi not reconnecting bug (#3157).

i've noticed a few things:

- firmware is reloaded into the device about once a minute. seems a bit odd

- if i go into wifi settings my network is displayed (remembered) and the signal strength changes. it also shows all the other surrounding networks come and go. it just won't automatically connect.

it doesn't look like a kernel issue. it just looks like it doesn't realise that it has to reconnect.

as other people have it working, it must be something to do with the remote end router and/or network security settings.

very odd.

[this is n59 on a converted to gen2 uk tft sf]

Guest sej7278
question why is everyone talking about N59 when there is N60?

had a bit of a problem with this nightly - first off rommanager downloaded it and wouldn't enter recovery properly, then i rebooted (removed battery!) and tried again, that worked but then half my apps weren't there, rebooted again the apps were back but not showing in market, rebooted again and now everything seems fine!

its still a grj22 build, so i don't expect anything/much has changed since n59.

can't comment on battery usage as i've rebooted so many times its taken 20% of my battery!

haven't tested gps or charging.

Guest Ron=)

For those who claim the accelerometer bug has been resolved.. remember you have to wait an hour or so before the sensors actually start to lag. So just installing the rom and testing straight after = useless.

Guest elastico

The accelerometer is not fixed. It's better but definitely not fixed. I have tried raging thunder and hyper jump...

I honestly don't know how to diagnose the problem but I would say that it sort of quickly detects direction changes but it's not accurate when it comes to how much I have moved the phone. E.g. in raging thunder, it detects that I'm trying to turn left but not how much, this means that I have to compensate with more left or turn right, resulting in everything going straight to hell.