[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief
They seem like 7.0 nightlys and use a 2.6.32 kernel.

You're right about the kernel, but about phone reports android 2.3.4 which ain't cm7.0 afaik

Wbaw - can you confirm your kernel # pls?

Edit - simulposting sorry

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Unless I am mistaken, the 2.6.35 Kernel wont find its way into a build for a while. I think the latest kernel update only involved changes to the same 2.6.32 one. Possibly the latest changes here.

Guest _amano

Does the new kernel in N62 fix some of our common bugs?

-accellerometer lagginess?

-charging crash?

-GPS crash?

Edited by _amano

Guest tomasvilda
Does the new kernel in N62 fix some of our common bugs?

-accellerometer lagginess?

-charging crash?

-GPS crash?

accellerometer no

charging should be fixed

gps crash should be fixed

from changelog chat:

Tom Giordano May 5

Patch Set 1: Looks good to me, but someone else must approve

The testing went very well but I've been delaying responding because I have another kernel change to submit.

I'm happy for this to be merged as is, I'll add my changes as part of the new sensor lib when its ready.

I hope Tom is talking about accellerometer :mellow:

Edited by tomasvilda

Guest SebbesApa
accellerometer no

charging should be fixed

gps crash should be fixed

from changelog chat:

I hope Tom is talking about accellerometer :mellow:

GPS still crash, that's after full wipe

Edited by SebbesApa

Guest qkimat

I've been using the N61 for only around 20 hours on my blade, but it's the first rom on which i don't expirience any issues. The battery life seems great, no reboots or crashes. I'm gonna try the 7.0.3 soon too, but as I am satisfied with my my currently installed rom, I'm not really in a big hurry to do that. :mellow:

Guest _amano

Do NOT upgrade to 7.0.3. Leave that out and jump straight to N62 (which should offer an updated kernel).

7.0.3 ist just for people who used 7.0.2 before.

N61/62 are nightlys for the upcoming 7.1

Edited by _amano

Guest SebbesApa
rotfl... why is it stable!? GPS doesnt work... better back n39 or something...

The CM7 parts are stable at the "7.0.3"-level

Guest dnaumov

Upgraded from 7.0.2 to N61 and immideately noticed that battery life has been improved pretty dramatically. With 7.0.2 the phone would last between 24-36 hours, on N61 with the same light useage pattern, it seems the phone has only lost about 25% battery in 24 hours, which is pretty impressive and very much comparable to FLB/SS. Now I just (*knocks on wood*) hope that this actually stays this way :mellow:

Guest lesa0208

i try to open gallery and my phone reboot, and now 10 minutes he boot but can't load desktop i am on n59.... Now he freeze on charger. I am going back on 2.2. how can i back on gen1?

Edited by lesa0208

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Back button LED stuck on Green with N62 build... This littles bugs are very smalls but very boring... All my respect to the devs, I'm not angry at all, it's just little frustrating to hope something that's never come. :mellow:

Anyway with ADW Ex it's very fast. ^^

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest Freekers

Any ETA on 7.1 ? Don't want to go into all the hassle of upgrading to N62 and then discovering 7.1 will be released in a few days

Guest The Soup Thief
N62 (which should offer an updated kernel).

Sadly no new kernel yet :mellow:

Jacob needs to whip those hamsters harder to get the buildbot running a bit quicker

@alanli613, fwiw, i've no "green back button always on" issue on n62

and my hat is perpetually off to our glorious benefactors, Jacob and TomG (sycophantic enough?)

Guest dnaumov
Upgraded from 7.0.2 to N61 and immideately noticed that battery life has been improved pretty dramatically. With 7.0.2 the phone would last between 24-36 hours, on N61 with the same light useage pattern, it seems the phone has only lost about 25% battery in 24 hours, which is pretty impressive and very much comparable to FLB/SS. Now I just (*knocks on wood*) hope that this actually stays this way :mellow:

Bah, so much for the above. Charged the phone and now it's lost 16% in a few hours...

Guest mELIANTE
Bah, so much for the above. Charged the phone and now it's lost 16% in a few hours...

Check the loud speaker. Is it hissing?

Guest _amano
Sadly no new kernel yet :mellow:

Jacob needs to whip those hamsters harder to get the buildbot running a bit quicker

Damn. Then the buildbot didn't pick up the new kernel at all and N62 is virtually the same as N61.

I guess that we have to wait another night for the kernel with Jacob's fixes.

Edited by _amano

Guest hecatae
Damn. Then the buildbot didn't pick up the new kernel at all and N62 is virtually the same as N61.

I guess that we have to wait another night for the kernel with Jacob's fixes.

good to hear no reason to switch from n61

Guest The Soup Thief
What! Not even a placebo effect?

Oh no, there's definitely one of those. My phone's working loads better now :o

(plus my backache's very definitely a tiny tiny bit better, and that can't just be a coincidence. I'm 1,000,000% shure of that! "Chooz Nightlies[tm] - for fast and sometimes detectable relief of all known issues and difficulties")

:mellow: