[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Roku
has anyone been able to get the new google talk's voice chat working?? (on nightly 62 which is 2.3.4)

i can install the new client and the new lib and it runs fine but either nothing happens when i click the voice chate button or it crashes :/

Same problem here. One nighty it gave force close without wipe. After wipe just black screen as before.

Guest sej7278
has anyone been able to get the new google talk's voice chat working?? (on nightly 62 which is 2.3.4)

i can install the new client and the new lib and it runs fine but either nothing happens when i click the voice chate button or it crashes :/

pretty sure the new gapps-gb-20110503-signed.zip were experimental at best, and i believe the voice chat in talk is not supposed to work yet.

Guest Ron=)
But yeah that new bug of speaker hissing is bad news because battery drains seem to be bigger than 7.0.0 indeed, and seeing the issue marked as "Whiney" in bug tracker is disappointing as well.

Whiney is of a higher priority than "normal"

On an unrelated note,

Has anyone else noticed n00bs on this thread are ever increasingly becoming ignorant assholes?

Guest JimJam707
Whiney is of a higher priority than "normal"

On an unrelated note,

Has anyone else noticed n00bs on this thread are ever increasingly becoming ignorant assholes?

Yes, yes I have.

Come on guys you can be cooler than this. You were about a month ago pre Gen2 :mellow:

Guest jjcg75

On an unrelated note,

Guest k0zmic
On an unrelated note,

Yep, a few posts are just cluttering the thread with generally worthless things. I'm not an advanced user, probably intermediate but the repetitive questions asking about Gen 2 are becoming a bit monotonous and there's even the odd moan at the CM team, which is quite frankly, incredibly disrespectful.

Personally, I don't mind questions being asked as long as they've not already been answered 20 times on the past pages or pinned.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest KACE_231
Personally, I don't mind questions being asked as long as they've not already been answered 20 times on the past pages or pinned.

Exactly, questions I hate seeing:

+ GEN1 or GEN2, how do I upgrade?

+ Which ROM is the best?

+ Battery Life is poor!

Guest DannyDanny
Exactly, questions I hate seeing:

+ GEN1 or GEN2, how do I upgrade?

+ Which ROM is the best?

+ Battery Life is poor!

Lol

Just to answer those questions(because people will always ask without using a searchbutton)

+Use TPT upgrade

+Swedish spring for the stableness cm7 for the performance (although I like pauls rom over s.s)

+Me too!

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Anyone with N62? Still experiencing the charging problems?

't was gone for me since 7.0.2

Guest k0zmic
Lol

Just to answer those questions(because people will always ask without using a searchbutton)

+Use TPT upgrade

+Swedish spring for the stableness cm7 for the performance (although I like pauls rom over s.s)

+Me too!

+GPS should be fixed. It will reboot once and then be fine afterwards.

Guest frenchdroid
This is the funny part about CM7 builds, i really respect the devs BUT i don't think they are fixing main bugs FIRST...i mean i've been waiting for a fix for a month now for accelerometer but it's still not fixed...gps gives problem...auto brightness works on early builds (sometimes) and then you have new issues along with the new build (speaker hiss)....i mean...to be honest, 2.3.2 was VERY stable apart from the force close error and next builds were 2.3.3 when they didn't even bother releasing a full stable 2.3.2 build and they just jumped to 2.3.3

I'm very disappointed by cm7...it's not that they can't fix it, it's just they keep releasing new stuff when the previous isn't fixed properly...to be honest....ALL these new builds should be used for TESTING only since they ALL lack something and NOT EVEN A SINGLE build has everything. such a pity for such skillfull devs.

Too right, Shad0wboss. Very disappointed by CM7 !! As you say, what a pity - such skilful devs too. If I were you I'd ask for your money back. I reckon they should probably offer a bit of compensation too if you aren't totally happy.

And if you've been waiting a month for the accelerometer bug to be fixed, well I don't know. They expect us to wait for free stuff ?? Bloody cheek I tell you.

And they think they can work on what they want, adding bits willy nilly, leaving the good bits 'til later. Bloody cheek.

You should write an official letter to that Mr C. Mod bloke and tell him to give the Blade devs the sack unless they deliver CM7 Final by Sunday night.

I heard that one of the devs is still studying - probably got something to do with it, youth of today and all. In my day, school boys were seen and not heard. And they did kind stuff for folk, like discover DNA and knit scarfs for their grans, after finishing all of their homework, mind you. And they'd still have time to create and publish a new ROM, each one better than the last and delivered by teatime every night. Bloody youth of today, I don't know.

If I don't get perfect CM7 soon, I'm going to pay someone to do me an Android 1.05 Banoffee Pie reflash with the whipped cream topping, Orange bloatware on the side, and just to really piss myself off, I'll probably smash the screen a bit. That'll show Mr Cyanogen Mod whats what - another customer lost.

Guest mELIANTE
Too right, Shad0wboss. Very disappointed by CM7 !! As you say, what a pity - such skilful devs too. If I were you I'd ask for your money back. I reckon they should probably offer a bit of compensation too if you aren't totally happy.

[...]

If I don't get perfect CM7 soon, I'm going to pay someone to do me an Android 1.05 Banoffee Pie reflash with the whipped cream topping, Orange bloatware on the side, and just to really piss myself off, I'll probably smash the screen a bit. That'll show Mr Cyanogen Mod whats what - another customer lost.

i-lold.jpg

Guest Ythle

You should write an official letter to that Mr C. Mod bloke and tell him to give the Blade devs the sack unless they deliver CM7 Final by Sunday night.

Haha! Hope that the people you are sending your message to are listening!

Guest dadashi

I updated from stable 7.0.2 to stable 7.0.3 without any wipe, thanks to devs...

Edited by dadashi

Guest dadashi
What on earth is causing the phone to eat anywhere between 4-6% of battery during the boot process alone?

apparently the "boot process" turning on the android phone needs more power, when android is running it needs little...but 5% is a little extreme, I'd say you've got some apps draining the battery...and maybe you need a battery recalibration...

Edited by dadashi

Guest dnaumov
apparently the "boot process" turning on the android phone needs more power, when android is running it needs little...

This didn't happen with the stock 2.1 ROM, nor with JJ nor with FLB.

Guest dadashi
This didn't happen with the stock 2.1 ROM, nor with JJ nor with FLB.

I charged my battery to 100% overnight and after a nandroid backup, the 7.0.3 upgrade, a couple of reboots and reading the elections news on the bog, an hour later I'm on 97%... :mellow:

Edited by dadashi

Guest sej7278
apparently the "boot process" turning on the android phone needs more power, when android is running it needs little...but 5% is a little extreme, I'd say you've got some apps draining the battery...and maybe you need a battery recalibration...

i think that's normal - i'm seeing easily 5% during boot, but very little afterwards.

i calculated that unless your phone is going to be off for more than about 5 hours, you might as well just leave it on (with wifi/gps turned off), as you won't save any battery life turning it off when it eats so much coming back on again!

Guest sej7278
N63 is out

still only 2.6.32 kernel, i just installed it with the 20110503-gapss and its all working fine - except the hum after using speakerphone.

Edited by sej7278