[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief
One of the CM7 debugging options allows long-press of BACK to kill the application. Load maps and then kill it. Maybe that is an easy way.

Very good tip! Home>Settings>Application settings>Development>Stop app via long press

Cheers samjam (btw, no relation to jimjam?)

Guest Dark_Sorcerer

N63 user, full wipe.

Dialer using 61% (now replaced it by Dialer One), and 30% of the battery drained in 3 hours. Launcher replaced by Go Launcher Ex.

Just reporting the known lag in accelerometer, and no problems in charging battery whatsoever.

The other things are working fine.

Guest samjam
Very good tip! Home>Settings>Application settings>Development>Stop app via long press

Cheers samjam (btw, no relation to jimjam?)

Not only could I not remember who mentioned that tip a few days ago, I couldn't even remember how to do it!

Thanks for the exact steps.

I'm no relation to a jimjam afaik

Guest shad0wboss

I've faced this problem about something being shown as eating battery in the battery use section eventhough the program was force stopped. I had adw launcher force stopped but it still appeared to be eating my battery up by 3% :mellow:

Guest Totyasrác

Hi all.

I have extreme battery leakege... I've transformed my SanFran to Gen2 via TPT+N60 installer, then upgraded ~2 days ago to N62. Now this morning I took the phone off the charger at 7AM, put it into my pocket. 12 hours later 90% was gone (made ONE ~2minutes phonecall and nothing else - GMail and corporate mail push sync, 3G on, data on).

No that IS extremely high power consumption that I can't explain an definitely not willing to live with... Until new kernel (if it fixes power consumtion issues) switching back to FLB4gen2...

Guest sej7278
Hi all.

I have extreme battery leakege... I've transformed my SanFran to Gen2 via TPT+N60 installer, then upgraded ~2 days ago to N62. Now this morning I took the phone off the charger at 7AM, put it into my pocket. 12 hours later 90% was gone (made ONE ~2minutes phonecall and nothing else - GMail and corporate mail push sync, 3G on, data on).

No that IS extremely high power consumption that I can't explain an definitely not willing to live with... Until new kernel (if it fixes power consumtion issues) switching back to FLB4gen2...

thats pretty normal for 3g/data/sync isn't it - pretty sure even with stock 2.1 it was only rated at about a day's usage.

Guest Totyasrác
thats pretty normal for 3g/data/sync isn't it - pretty sure even with stock 2.1 it was only rated at about a day's usage.

Nope, it isn't the same. With any other ROMs (2.1 and 2.2 various versions) I can get a day of usage (and a day is 24 hours, az least to me :mellow:) and now it is only half a day, that is 12 hours. On the other hand, it was a weekend, with only a few mails, no phone calls and so on. So it is tragically bad...

Guest ThrashMan
Hi all.

:mellow: ranting makes me laugh :o

Guest Totyasrác
:o ranting makes me laugh :D

Ranting? Then you must have wanted to reply to someone else's post... :mellow:

It is today's experience written down as it happened - worst battery lifetime ever that I've experienced with any phones (since Ericsson GH197 :D)

Guest tentric

A few days ago battery life was great. Using wifi,sms,calls the lot.. Today i had charged by battery for the first time in three days, after 5 hours 40% had dropped. Reading from this forum i checked the speaker for a hissing sound and it was there. I dont know what i had done to start it but will try keep log from now onwards. Latest stable gen2.

Guest sej7278
A few days ago battery life was great. Using wifi,sms,calls the lot.. Today i had charged by battery for the first time in three days, after 5 hours 40% had dropped. Reading from this forum i checked the speaker for a hissing sound and it was there. I dont know what i had done to start it but will try keep log from now onwards. Latest stable gen2.

did you use the speaker? that seems to be the trigger, and the only way to stop it is to reboot even on n63 (gen1 tpt'd to gen2).

if you're using latest stable (7.0.3) then perhaps you could contribute to the issue tracker?

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3608

Edited by sej7278

Guest wbaw
Not quite, 7.0.2 already had the hissing speaker for me, I have it since converting to Gen2.

I had it before, it first happened when I applied the voip fix to the last Gen1 nightly (that fix coincided with cm7 moving to gen2). The old /system/lib/libaudio.so from 7.0 will stop the hissing & break voip again.

Edited by wbaw

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I had it before, it first happened when I applied the voip fix to the last Gen1 nightly (that fix coincided with cm7 moving to gen2). The old /system/lib/libaudio.so from 7.0 will stop the hissing & break voip again.

Ok, so I can grab libaudio.so from a Gen1 nightly and just swap it in ?

As I don't care for voip that would solve it for me.

did you use the speaker? that seems to be the trigger, and the only way to stop it is to reboot even on n63 (gen1 tpt'd to gen2).

Not really, it also (not consistently though) kicks in for me when I just set the alarm,

not only when it fires off and thus actively uses the speaker.

Guest sej7278
N64 is out without important changes

no changes at all looking at the changelog!

is it just me or does the changelog move some of the fixes from the night before into today's nightly - maybe its based on timestamp and moves over if its after midday or something odd.

the five issues listed under n64 here, were previously listed under n63: http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

Guest ColdEmbrace

is it just me or does the changelog move some of the fixes from the night before into today's nightly - maybe its based on timestamp and moves over if its after midday or something odd.

the five issues listed under n64 here, were previously listed under n63: http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

The N64 changes are

Add album artist support -- Music.apk bits (android_packages_apps_Music)add album artist support -- MediaStore and MediaScanner bits (android_frameworks_base)add album artist support -- MediaProvider bits (android_packages_providers_MediaProvider)Fixed Bootloop related to profile volume control setting on boot. (android_frameworks_base)recovery: display mount point when confirming format (android_bootable_recovery)

they were not in the N63 Build

Guest sej7278
The N64 changes are

Add album artist support -- Music.apk bits (android_packages_apps_Music)add album artist support -- MediaStore and MediaScanner bits (android_frameworks_base)add album artist support -- MediaProvider bits (android_packages_providers_MediaProvider)Fixed Bootloop related to profile volume control setting on boot. (android_frameworks_base)recovery: display mount point when confirming format (android_bootable_recovery)

they were not in the N63 Build

they were all listed under n63 yesterday.....

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Yeah there is something fishy going on with that. maybe it initially assumes the build was built when it is released, before a script (or a person) finds the build date and uses that instead. that would explain the last few changes moving to the next nightly - they may have been merged between the build time and the release time

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

Guest manji
Ok, so I can grab libaudio.so from a Gen1 nightly and just swap it in ?

As I don't care for voip that would solve it for me.

That would be interesting to know, at least, until they fix it.

Guest bhf
N64 is out without important changes

You are kidding. This is the breakthru update for the stock music player app. If you are using your Blade as a mp3 player with various compilations, you will now have a nice and tidy Artist column. Thanks to the album artist support.

Edited by bhf

they were all listed under n63 yesterday.....

At the time I saw them they were listed above n63, with no version tag yet,

because it's only assigned when the build is done.

Guest k0zmic
At the time I saw them they were listed above n63, with no version tag yet,

because it's only assigned when the build is done.

This is correct.