[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest bhf
Are you saying the GPS bug is fixed?

Well, yes. At least for me. Since the 2.3.4 upgrade that bug never appened to me again.

I've just been out for a mountain bike ride and mine rebooted after 1 hour 13 minutes. Don't know if this is the GPS bug or a random reboot that other people are talking about

You may try this patch from kallt_kaffee gps patch

Edited by bhf

Guest k0zmic
No, not on Ext2/3 partition but it does have Apps to sd standard in 2.2 and above...

In older nighties you used to be able to install "dtapps2sd" to support Ext2/3 but that doesn't work anymore...

I've got a 300MB Ext3 partition on my sdcard which isn't doing anything in CM....

DarkTremor's is broken now.

Download the S2E app, the scripts it installs work.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest cjp666
Well, yes. At least for me. Since the 2.3.4 upgrade that bug never appened to me again.

You may try this patch from kallt_kaffee gps patch

Thanks for the patch suggestion. I'll give it a go; I've already tried it and it didn't for me previously. I'll give it another go and see what happens.

Guest sej7278
errr......you say thank you if and whenever it gets fixed. or you could go back to whatever orange and zte see fit to throw your way.

it would be worth remembering that the devs owe you zilch, nothing...and they develop roms at their pleasure and convenience.

calm down, calm down, i'm not whining and i am very grateful for what the devs do; i just think that waiting for stable releases before reporting bugs kind of makes the whole nightly (beta test) phase pointless and you end up with situations like 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.2.1 and 7.0.3 being released days after 7.0.0 as bugs that were known about during the nightlies weren't registered anywhere.

Edited by sej7278

Guest bhf
Please install Battery Monitor Widget and start it. After a random shutdown have a look at its battery history - there you can find battery temperature, too. Any very high readings visible?

Oh, yes. wth? The battery monitor is running now 28 minutes. Out of nowhere the temperature spikes from 28°C up to 52°C and goes down to 28!C, then goes up again to 40°C and down again to 30°C. . When I touch the battery, it actually doesn't feel hot at all.

Guest dadashi

Thanks, in the market write up it says it lowers performance...why?

Is it easy to go back and erase app if I want...?

Edited by dadashi

Guest markov10

Something bad happened to my phone, I've installed the N64 yesterday, and today the phone switched off itself. Everytime I turn it on/reinstall the CM/reset to the factory/ it just reboots with the CM logo animation.

Everything was fine for a whole day, I went from 6x to N64.

Edited by markov10

Guest Amphoras
No, not on Ext2/3 partition but it does have Apps to sd standard in 2.2 and above...

In older nighties you used to be able to install "dtapps2sd" to support Ext2/3 but that doesn't work anymore...

I've got a 300MB Ext3 partition on my sdcard which isn't doing anything in CM....

DT is still working fine for me. I've been using the same version since N19 and not had any problems. I'm now on Gen 2 after using wbaws TPT and its still fine.

Guest k0zmic
Thanks, in the market write up it says it lowers performance...why?

Is it easy to go back and erase app if I want...?

Only if you move app data that would otherwise be on the fast Phone memory itself does it lower performance.

I do think if you have a Class 4 or above SD Card then you probably won't notice this drop in performance. Besides, I only tick the top two options.

Not sure what you mean by 'Erase App'. Do you mean uninstall S2E?

DT is still working fine for me. I've been using the same version since N19 and not had any problems. I'm now on Gen 2 after using wbaws TPT and its still fine.

Odd, it doesn't work for me.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest aidanj

to add to my earlier post - i fully charged my phone, received a notification, and just left my phone on standby. i've had a 10% (apparently) drop of battery in just under half an hour ...

Guest ColdEmbrace
to add to my earlier post - i fully charged my phone, received a notification, and just left my phone on standby. i've had a 10% (apparently) drop of battery in just under half an hour ...

i lost 54% in 9 hours with light texting since updating, i normally get 2 days plus i normally charge at 15% which is 2days.

Guest Grain
The high drain issues seem to be connected with doing/accepting calls and using sensors.

One hot candidate for high drain is issue 3608. Seems it's not sensors after all but the audio circuits that sometimes do not get powered down properly. This exists since N40.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

There's a fix in the works, but it seems to disable audio input entirely... so no good for speaker phone. I'm sure Tom knows what he's doing, so we'll see it fixed soon.

Useless fact: If this had been one topic instead of three, we'd be on the 355th page right now. That's 4.5 pages per day, average.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest popoyaya

I've got an OLED Gen1 Blade and used Curl66's one-step covert to G2 and install N57 and have had none of the issues people keep mentioning here.

I can only conclude that either this method of converting and installing is superior as there's no messing around with wiping etc, or that none of the bugs effect original Gen1 OLED Blades.

Battery life is excellent, best I've had, GPS never causes reboots, accelerometer is fine, proximity sensor fine, no speaker hissing, no USB-charging reboots.

And this is overclocked to 672Mhz.

Guest -MackaN

Sorry for a noob question, but this forum is too fussy to find information IMO.

Anyways, I'm on CM7 7.0.2 ATM, but i am interested in putting N64 on my Blade, but i dont have the time to hassle with backups of apps and other stuff, so can i go from 7.0.2 ---> N64 without wipe? :unsure:

Guest sej7278
I've got an OLED Gen1 Blade and used Curl66's one-step covert to G2 and install N57 and have had none of the issues people keep mentioning here.

i think the gen1 oled's are better supported perhaps, as i did exactly the same with n57-tpt (then most nightlies up to 64) and also have never had any battery, proximity or gps/charger-reboot issues, and what i thought was speaker hiss is just my ears i think! i don't play games so wouldn't know about accelerometer.

Guest sej7278
Anyways, I'm on CM7 7.0.2 ATM, but i am interested in putting N64 on my Blade, but i dont have the time to hassle with backups of apps and other stuff, so can i go from 7.0.2 ---> N64 without wipe? :unsure:

yes, just wipe the dalvik cache, not data. i only wiped when i first flashed cm7 over froyo.

anyone know why all the cyanogen sites are down (mirrors and all)? they're not using amazon cloud shite are they? or is it a ddos from nokia :)

Edited by sej7278

Guest Superfuzz
Battery life is excellent, best I've had, GPS never causes reboots, accelerometer is fine, proximity sensor fine, no speaker hissing, no USB-charging reboots.

I think GPS crash is fixed now, accelerometer and proximity maybe appear under certain circumstances because I haven't encountered them either. The last two are pretty much random, so don't be so sure.

Guest tentric
guys if you're 100% sure about a certain bug then take screenshot, record log and just report in bug tracker section, i mean if you really want something to be fixed, discussing here won't take you anywhere...

Noob question.. How do you report log?

Guest dadashi
Only if you move app data that would otherwise be on the fast Phone memory itself does it lower performance.

I do think if you have a Class 4 or above SD Card then you probably won't notice this drop in performance. Besides, I only tick the top two options.

Not sure what you mean by 'Erase App'. Do you mean uninstall S2E?

Odd, it doesn't work for me.

yes I meant removing S2E...can I erase it and still have my apps working normaly afterwards...?

Guest samjam
Oh, yes. wth? The battery monitor is running now 28 minutes. Out of nowhere the temperature spikes from 28°C up to 52°C and goes down to 28!C, then goes up again to 40°C and down again to 30°C. . When I touch the battery, it actually doesn't feel hot at all.

Take off the battery case and touch the SIM and SD-Card. See if they are hot.

For me they get hot when charging or when using GPS.

I don't know the location of the battery temperature sensor but maybe it is affected by whatever part of the phone heats up the SD card and SIM.

Guest AsusFreak
how come n63 and n64 dont have gapps included then?

(sorry haven't read whole thread)

Take a look at this.

CM never ever included gapps.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I just got a charger reboot on n64. It was different from the previous one though - the screen was on at the time (previously it rebooted when unpluggin with the screen off).