[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Ron=)
CM7 light sensor is waaay slower than in Android 2.2 ROM's. Why is that?

The advice given does will not resolve your problem - but it is good advice never the less (Better autobrightness functionality but still slower to react!). The new gingerbread sensors lib addresses the sensor lag and will hopefully be out with the next nightly.

Guest Michealtbh
Ok but now it indicates Sensor: 14/14 and Screen is at 90. Shouldn't it be at 50?

Make sure you apply the changes

Guest targetbsp
Make sure you apply the changes

You might also have to change some tick boxes on the parent screen to make it use custom levels or something. I can't quite remember. I did it ages ago.

Guest Len Ash
The advice given does will not resolve your problem - but it is good advice never the less (Better autobrightness functionality but still slower to react!). The new gingerbread sensors lib addresses the sensor lag and will hopefully be out with the next nightly.

Are they in the wild?

Guest saturnreturn

Stock camera, "Camera Advance Lite", and barcode scanner all crash at the moment of taking a photo. I had this on FLB Froyo, and still have it after TPTing to CM7. What could be the issue - i really expected it to disappear after the TPT as I thought this completely blanked everything on the phone? Could it be a hardware issue?

Guest emc02
Ok but now it indicates Sensor: 14/14 and Screen is at 90. Shouldn't it be at 50?

you have to check the "allow light decrease" checkbox (sorry, i have the german version, dont know how its labeled exactly)

Guest Maringer

I had a problem with Cardiotrainer earlier. When the screen was turned off, GPS and the accelerometer (for pedometer function) stopped functioning making the 'workout' information pretty useless.

I've not used Cardiotrainer for a while but this certainly functioned correctly on a (much) earlier nightly - probably around the N20s!

Anybody else encountered a similar problem with this type GPS tracking app? Oh, I'm on N63 at present. Perhaps the new sensor libs will sort this out, too?

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Stock camera, "Camera Advance Lite", and barcode scanner all crash at the moment of taking a photo. I had this on FLB Froyo, and still have it after TPTing to CM7. What could be the issue - i really expected it to disappear after the TPT as I thought this completely blanked everything on the phone? Could it be a hardware issue?

Tested stock camera right now, no issues observed.

Guest hugobosslives
Just flashed n69 & all my sensors are totally dead. Anyone else got that problem? do i need to wipe?

nah you need to flash back to n67 or before. the old sensor libs got removed before the new ones have been put in. therefore none of sensors will work.

hopefully next nightly will fix this.

Guest alpsp
Just flashed n69 & all my sensors are totally dead. Anyone else got that problem? do i need to wipe?

Same here :)

Edit : rolling back to 67, thanks hbl :unsure:

Edited by alpsp

Guest Vasily Mulukov

by the way, how to replace system lib?

i want to try to get camera lib and camera apk from SS rom, may be it will work and video will be recording with VGA quality

Guest Len Ash
by the way, how to replace system lib?

i want to try to get camera lib and camera apk from SS rom, may be it will work and video will be recording with VGA quality

It is easy to do, but will very likely FC.

Guest tomasvilda

Everyone who want to use N68+ nighlies that currently doesn't have sensors library here is the old sensors file

http://ikelk.lt/services/get-file/7QP!5ICYYx

MD5 3DEF09C34C4A0233FC6E61C945112D26 sensors.default.so

1. you can put it through adb

adb remount

adb push sensors.default.so /system/lib/hw/

adb reboot

2. or put it to nightly zip in folder /system/lib/hw/ and flash as always.

Edited by tomasvilda

Guest _amano

Don't install N68 and N69. Those have the old sensor lib removed and the new one NOT YET added.

Wait for N70!

Edited by _amano

Guest Psyloid
nah you need to flash back to n67 or before. the old sensor libs got removed before the new ones have been put in. therefore none of sensors will work.

hopefully next nightly will fix this.

hopin with ya ! i wanna upgrade from 2.2. and all the other builds dont fill in my needs :unsure:

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I can't say if this bug is CM7 specific or not, but I think it might be.

Sometimes when I open any of the three angry birds games or ninja kaka, objects are not shown on the screen. For example on the screen in angry birds where you choose a level, the square for each level shows, but the icon/text in it doesn't show. When playing AB, sometimes all the wood/stone/glass pieces are invisible and you just see pigs floating in the air on top of imaginary objects. In ninja kaka, someitmes nothing appears except the trail of my finger. These are the same games that did not work because of the old bug with putting apps on the SD card. currently, both of these games are running with their application folder on sd-ext (with S2E). the same bug happened when I did not use apps2sd and they were on the SD card via androids built in apps2sd. its been happening since at least 7.0.2.

Guest Superfuzz
I can't say if this bug is CM7 specific or not, but I think it might be.

Sometimes when I open any of the three angry birds games or ninja kaka, objects are not shown on the screen. For example on the screen in angry birds where you choose a level, the square for each level shows, but the icon/text in it doesn't show. When playing AB, sometimes all the wood/stone/glass pieces are invisible and you just see pigs floating in the air on top of imaginary objects. In ninja kaka, someitmes nothing appears except the trail of my finger. These are the same games that did not work because of the old bug with putting apps on the SD card. currently, both of these games are running with their application folder on sd-ext (with S2E). the same bug happened when I did not use apps2sd and they were on the SD card via androids built in apps2sd. its been happening since at least 7.0.2.

Try turning on/off dithering at cyanogenmod settings - > performance.

you have to check the "allow light decrease" checkbox (sorry, i have the german version, dont know how its labeled exactly)

Now the brightness changes a lot (but I wouldn't call it flickering). I think I need to mess with the values a bit.

Edited by Superfuzz