[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Schwinni
why would I want to install applications to my system partition, that just makes them more difficult to remove.

Dunno why you would want that. Why did kalt_kaffe included them in Swedish Spring and fibblescan included them in FLB-Froyo G2?

Perhaps people feel that the Google apps are a fundamental part of the Android system.

Gmail Maps and Youtube are in the selection in the Gapps.zip that makes them Google Apps, aka Gapps

The apps are not included in the zip file. The one time initializer just gives you the option to install them when creating/adding your Google account. Hence they are not part of your system and treated like every other app installed from the market.

Guest jayhix

is it me or is there little point updating to n32 or rc3? they are practically the same and no real changes since n31?

also feel i should add awful battery life is still apparent in n31 today mine lasted 6 hours :D

Guest Schwinni
is it me or is there little point updating to n32 or rc3? they are practically the same and no real changes since n31?

Don't underrate the authorship for boobies wallpaper! :D

Guest targetbsp

also feel i should add awful battery life is still apparent in n31 today mine lasted 6 hours :D

Turn your wifi off before sleeping to fix battery life :D

The main advantage of a new RC is that we can report bugs that have been introduced since the previous RC.

Guest Rotmann
Hi,

Not the same behaviour for me: connection stays active, have you some other app managing wifi..?

I've few issues that seem to be common full wipe or not (i only did caches' wipe):

- Accelerometer reacts randomly

- Videorecorder gives few FCs

- CPU's governor (smartass or ondemand) gives frequencies jump that make the phone laggy at some moments

- Animation when pushing pwr button isn't working anymore (top major priority, i know...)

- Only SIP outgoing calls are possible when wifi is active (this one is really annoying, but i can't find out if it's a 2.3 or CM setting...?)

Accelerometer working fine on RC3 or N32, on/off animation working fine if you don't switch animation speed in spare parts, for wifi to sleep, look further down.

Installed cryogen mod for the first time, been following this thread and the errors it currently has. I'm on nightly 31 and can't seem to get the USB to mount to my computer, I'm sure I read that this got fixed. Is there a fix for it? So far it's been great, but if I can't transfer files, I have to revert back!

Thanks

It is fixed, restart or reflash RC3 or N32.

You probably left wifi on as it does not sleep. Switch it off when putting the phone to sleep or flash the old WiFi Module.

RC3: Home button is dead for me :\

Restart or reflash, no problems here.

@People wanting Wifi and the phone to sleep when you put the phone in standby Tom_G submitted a change here so that the old module will come back, with wifi tethering support. If you can't wait untill it gets merged, flash this old Wifi Module.

cm7_ar6000_signed.zip

Guest zerosignull
However. ROM manager will only install newer clockworks for our blades from within CM7, unfortunately.

ROM manager on Modaco's R12 installed clockwork 3.0.1.4 fine.

Guest juniperz
ROM manager on Modaco's R12 installed clockwork 3.0.1.4 fine.

Sorry - posted in error - please delete.

Edited by juniperz

Guest k0nrad

There won't be 'an upgraded RC3' - only Nightlies until the next RC or (ultimately) Stable is released. Basically, every Nightly from now on is an updated RC3 :D

Guest CoolManPT

Hello...

I Have the RC2 version and when i make a call the screen goes black, i cant do anything...only atfer i remove de battery and start the phone again....

Anyone with a fix or same problem!!!!! :D :D

Regards.

Coolman[PT]

Guest JimJam707
Which ones are better, the RCs or Nightlies? So should i get RC3 or Nightly 32?

Nightly 32. It may have been released before but was built later.

Guest Rotmann
Hello...

I Have the RC2 version and when i make a call the screen goes black, i cant do anything...only atfer i remove de battery and start the phone again....

Anyone with a fix or same problem!!!!! :D :D

Regards.

Coolman[PT]

RC2 is antique. Flash RC3 or N32.

People should flash RC3 for now and do some logs on problems to confirm the ones that still exist. They will be considered solved or undocumented if people don't give any feedback on RC3.

Guest Rotmann
first post sucks 4 real

If you think you are better, why don't you do it yourself? The only thing I see sucking here is your behavior. :D

Guest Saransh Agarwal
If you think you are better, why don't you do it yourself? The only thing I see sucking here is your behavior. :D

very true

first post is fine as it tells about almost everything

Guest Poodha

I haven't been visiting this thread for a while, but awesome update on the first post, good work Victor!

Although I'm a bit confused by the new layout. Is the "What's missing"-part, well, missing?

And while I'm on the subject. What's missing on RC3? =)

USB tethering and wifihotspot is still not working?

Storing on SD-card? Yes, I know it's been around for awhile but it never worked very well. Apps I could store on the SD-card with froyo weren't possible to do with CM7, and other apps I shouldn't be able to store, could be stored with CM7, but they didn't run well)?