[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I haven't been visiting this thread for a while, but awesome update on the first post, good work Victor!

Although I'm a bit confused by the new layout. Is the "What's missing"-part, well, missing?

And while I'm on the subject. What's missing on RC3? =)

USB tethering and wifihotspot is still not working?

Storing on SD-card? Yes, I know it's been around for awhile but it never worked very well. Apps I could store on the SD-card with froyo weren't possible to do with CM7, and other apps I shouldn't be able to store, could be stored with CM7, but they didn't run well)?

Use S2E off market works well.you need to reboot for it to do its work

Guest Rotmann
Use S2E off market works well.you need to reboot for it to do its work

He asked if the native Apps2SD works well. Yes, it works very well.

Guest That-Guy

When I install the Facebook and Twitter apps to the SD Card they seem to reset every few days and I have to re-set the apps up again :D

Anyone else experiencing this?

Guest mELIANTE
so it's still there in rc3? too bad. very good that u got the logcat and filed the issue though!

Yes, it probably is there since the beggining, only unnoticed. It was only after the proximity sensor fix that I started using it as a daily ROM and only then I installed some games and SpeedX had the control all messed up :D

Guest sydeu
Yes, it probably is there since the beggining, only unnoticed. It was only after the proximity sensor fix that I started using it as a daily ROM and only then I installed some games and SpeedX had the control all messed up :D

okey thanks, well now they know about the problem and can probably fix it so that's nice :D

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Autobright seem's to be broken in CM7RC3 :-(

In previous nightlies, it was OK

There were reports saying it was broken since N31, iirc.

Guest Nymins

anyone know why the wifi keeps staying on even after putting the phone to sleep?

this is the first time I'm using this rom, so I'm not sure if its a common bug.

tried rebooting the phone just in case it was an app, but no difference. shame cause this rom runs great, but this wifi issue is really draining the battery!

Guest sydeu
anyone know why the wifi keeps staying on even after putting the phone to sleep?

tried rebooting the phone just in case it was an app, but no difference. shame cause this rom runs great, but this wifi issue is really draining the battery!

it's a known issue, just turn off wifi when you're putting the phone to sleep. it will probably get fixed soon though

Guest Michealtbh

Managed to get automatic backlight working on RC3/nightly 32 by not wiping between updates. Not recommended I know but works for me.

Guest hecatae

left goes right and right goes left yeah?

Guest MrEasy
When I install the Facebook and Twitter apps to the SD Card they seem to reset every few days and I have to re-set the apps up again :D

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, can confirm this for the Facebook app, but did not take care of opening a bug so far.

Guest Roo13

Hi,

- Only SIP outgoing calls are possible when wifi is active (this one is really annoying, but i can't find out if it's a 2.3 or CM setting...?)

Accelerometer working fine on RC3 or N32, on/off animation working fine if you don't switch animation speed in spare parts, for wifi to sleep, look further down.

My bad for the accelerometer, it's ok on n32.

Thanks for on/off animation, i wouldn't have made the link with spare parts

I'm ok with wifi not turning off on sleep, my previous androphone (HTC Tatto) worked the same and i'm used and prefered to turn off wifi, in fact i don't get the use of keeping it on 24/24h...btw it allowed me to download n32 directly with the phone yesterday while screen off..

My problem is that while wifi is on, i can't call through 2/3G: it proposes only SIP calls (embed client or CSipSimple), i wish i could choose the medium even throught 2 steps:

-SIP

>embed SIP

>CSipSimple

-2/3G

Thanks in advance for any feedbacks

ps: n32 is really good, first wasn't at ease with previous nightlies as a daily rom but now it's more than ok

Edited by Roo13

Guest targetbsp

There's a bug thing made for it: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3262

Been broken since roughly N26. I'm just making logs for it as I type this. :D

Guest JolyonS
Yes, it probably is there since the beggining, only unnoticed. It was only after the proximity sensor fix that I started using it as a daily ROM and only then I installed some games and SpeedX had the control all messed up sad.gif

Is that because the screen is upside down?

Guest Autodrop

I've had about 7 forced shutdowns on N31 since saturday. Dont have any weird apps running and didn't overclock my phone. More people with this problem?

Guest mELIANTE

Is that because the screen is upside down?

I can't say I notice that, in SpeedX right goes right and left goes left, only it lags a lot. But in z-device test the graphics get really strange when in landscape, as in the 3 axis get mixed up and x becomes y and so on. It probably is related to screen, I guess.

Guest dibbles

Anyone who is running RC 3 and NOT the latest nightly 32 (or any other nightly) and they experience the GPS bug with their phone shutting down could they please consider reporting it to the tracker.

I had noted it in this thread...

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/334...0/#entry1649553

but I have since gone from RC 3 to build 32 and nightlies are not accepted for bug reports...

NO NIGHTLIES, home-builds, or anything "based on" CyanogenMod.
Edited by dibbles

Guest forney27
I've had about 7 forced shutdowns on N31 since saturday. Dont have any weird apps running and didn't overclock my phone. More people with this problem?

Not had as many as that..only had one, and ironically it was when I was at the apple store telling the guy how much better Android was..pulled out my phone and it was shutdown and couldnt power it back up... :D

Guest juniperz
Not had as many as that..only had one, and ironically it was when I was at the apple store telling the guy how much better Android was..pulled out my phone and it was shutdown and couldnt power it back up... :D

Oh, that's nothing to do with CM; that's the anti-Android force field that they have running in all Apple Stores :D