[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest legionfx

i have a problem. my 3g/umts stop working. dont know why! it as working fine but now keeps losing the signal. i already dowgrade to staable version and wiped all data but problem still persists. any ideas? i also installed the latest version of gen2 v5 and the same problem. and yes a have full network coverage.

Edited by legionfx

Guest Hjanos

Hi!

What is the most stable nightly since the new sensor lib update?

And with the current nightlies what is the battery life?

Any serious bugs (force close, gps bugs, reboot)?

Or should I wait for the new stable 7.0.4?

When will it release?

Guest ColdEmbrace
Hi!

When will it release?

Really should have read a few pages back but my best answer is N73 it seems most stable in terms of sensors, battery etc i dont use gps so I really cant answer that. No-one can tell you wether too wait or not, it is down to your needs, i'm happy with n73 so i wont test the other nightlies yet but the other nightlies might work better for you.

Guest legionfx
Hi!

When will it release?

probably tonight

Actually wbaw said GEN2 fixes that. Anyone running GEN2 and Battery Monitor Widget can confirm that battery temperature readings are fine there even with the phone sleeping?

It's not fixed, but much better. Also Gen1 and Gen2 doesn't make an difference, CM7.0x vs CM7.1x does - at least for me. The readings are up to 48°C in sleepmode with CM7.1, that are approx. 10°C less than with CM70x.

Guest k0zmic
Hey

I am facing this for 3nights consecutively now. The phone goes on "awake" for a lot of time when I am sleeping and drains a lot of battery. Can anyone tell me how I can investigate the matter more? I just know how to check in spareparts and this batterystatus. Spareparts doesnt give a very accurate answer and everything seems normal in that.

hptbaw.png

Any sort of custom programme that I can run in order to investigate it a bit more?

thanks

PS: I am on N74. I keep wifioff, dataenabled (but through droidwall only maps and browser are allowed dataaccess), no 3g.

How many apps do you have installed?

Guest Grain
I am facing this for 3nights consecutively now. The phone goes on "awake" for a lot of time when I am sleeping and drains a lot of battery.

Does it actually drain battery? I don't see that in the graph. If you do not see actual drain but only active time reported in battery history, it's quite possible battery history just lies.

Guest champrock
Hey,

You can take a look at the active services when you get up (menu button > settings > applications > active services (just raw translation, it's the 3rd entry, my French rom reads "Services en cours d'exécution")), : normally apps that woke up while you were asleep should still be open. Check the cached services (push the menu button while on the active services screen) as well.

Finally you can check the applications: it's not very practical, but the probable culprits are Maps, the Market, the Amazon Appstore, aso.

To prevent these apps from randomly starting, I personally use Autorun Manager (donated version), which I find very efficient.

I dont see many apps open. I have a task killer which kills the apps. I am not sure if this would cause the problem. Autorun manager seems interesting. I will try that out.

Did you make any calls during the day? Check sensors under spare parts for the dialler?

Yes, I had made calls during the day and the dialler shows high usage just as for everyone. That is a problem with everyone. But what I am concerned is why does the phone wake up suddenly and stays awake like that.

How many apps do you have installed?

I have very minimal apps installed to improve the speed and preserve battery.

I dont even have Gapps installed. Just installed maps which I use.

Does it actually drain battery? I don't see that in the graph. If you do not see actual drain but only active time reported in battery history, it's quite possible battery history just lies.

Yes, battery drain is seen. Probably its not that prominent in this graph, but in the previous nights, it was very apparent that when the phone was awake, the drain was larger.

Guest targetbsp
Yes, battery drain is seen. Probably its not that prominent in this graph, but in the previous nights, it was very apparent that when the phone was awake, the drain was larger.

I think the two things are related. Mine showed the same when i went to sleep without having rebooted the phone after taking a call. Hence me asking. :P

Guest jurrasstoil

Hey guys.

Is there any way to get the blade with cm to do hardware encoding of H.264 files? I've tried playing mp4 h.264 files and no player (rockplayer, vplayer, moboplayer, stockplayer) works. I can play them in software mode, but they are obviously unwatchable that way ie. even with low resolution they stutter like crazy.

I checked the build.prop and saw that there wasn't a single line about stagefright, does this have anything to do with that?

Thanks in advance.

Guest sm4tik
Hey

I am facing this for 3nights consecutively now. The phone goes on "awake" for a lot of time when I am sleeping and drains a lot of battery. Can anyone tell me how I can investigate the matter more? I just know how to check in spareparts and this batterystatus. Spareparts doesnt give a very accurate answer and everything seems normal in that.

hptbaw.png

Any sort of custom programme that I can run in order to investigate it a bit more?

thanks

PS: I am on N74. I keep wifioff, dataenabled (but through droidwall only maps and browser are allowed dataaccess), no 3g.

Can't be sure, but I'd suspect one of your apps is to blame. I had a quite similar problem, but in my case Screebl lite was easily spotted in Battery use (it was no.1 on the list). Uninstalling it stopped the draining and everythings been good after that. I'm on N74 and I think CM is on my phone to stay, finally :P

If you can't find a program to do the work for you, you could do the investigation yourself by wiping your data and starting all over with one app at the time. You said you don't have many apps installed, so annoying as it may be it shouldn't take that long. Just start from the ones you suspect might have something to do with it.

Guest shad0wboss

I'm also facing temperature problems when i play games ut it's not the battery which gets hot but the part where SD card is/camera lens...i believe that's where the CPU is and it sure gets hot enough to burn your finger after a gamepaly of 2-3 minutes...

any suggestions? N73

Guest targetbsp
I'm also facing temperature problems when i play games ut it's not the battery which gets hot but the part where SD card is/camera lens...i believe that's where the CPU is and it sure gets hot enough to burn your finger after a gamepaly of 2-3 minutes...

any suggestions? N73

Mine's always got hot there when gaming on any rom. Not hot enough to burn mind you. Clock the CPU less is all you'll be able to do to keep it cooler whilst running CPU intensive things.

Guest stephen m
Changelo g shows bump to 7.0.4, that would mean a stable release.

Would that be for Gen2 phones only. Or could it be installed via the converter

Is there any way to get the blade with cm to do hardware encoding of H.264 files?

On my Blade even the stock player is able to play .mp4 files with H.264 codec. You can use Xmedia Recode with iPhone 3g template to recode a file for test purposes. Use the iPhone 3G, 640x360 (16:9), 512kbps template.

Guest sej7278

dude just take the plunge 7.0 on gen1 is so last month and its not a supported platform anymore.

Guest stephen m
dude just take the plunge 7.0 on gen1 is so last month and its not a supported platform anymore.

May be. But remember the old saying 'if it aint brock.....

Edited by stephen m

Guest k0zmic

Depends if the kernel is up to date on the converter. Best to check the converter thread.

But I'd recommend upgrading to Gen 2 anyway it's probably worth it if you like CM7.

Guest targetbsp
May be. But remember the old saying 'if it aint brock.....

And if it isn't, then why do you care about 7.0.4 at all? :P

Guest targetbsp
As it keeps all options open - that's why :P

The open option to you is Gen 2. I put off doing it for ages - only did it last week. But really it takes all of 10 seconds. :rolleyes:

Guest The Soup Thief
As it keeps all options open - that's why :P

Kyah! Just grow a pair and get it done

You'll still have the option of TPTing back to gen1 - in the same way as I have the option of staying up all night. I could, but there's really nothing in it for me, so I'm off to bed