[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ValiantSaint
Sorry, I'm confused. Do you have Swedish Spring installed or just the ROM file sitting on your SD Card? If it's the latter then just put the N84 file on the SD Card, Flash and then flash this: before booting up.

Now reboot and let CM7 load up. Reboot again and go into recovery. Install the Gapps package.

Setup your phone and enjoy!

Yes, I do have Swedish Spring installed. Cheers for your help : )

Guest MrIcka

Fixed N72 + libaudio.so ROCKS! Upgraded from N35... think this new one gona stay on as long as N35 did. No GPS reboot yet =)

Interesting: just applied N85 and removed my AutomateIt rule, and proximity sensor seems to work fine!

And that, even with auto-brightness enabled!

Good job!! :P

Apart from this, it's a bit early to talk of battery stats, but wifi seemed stable.

Guest devilkazuya
Fixed N72 + libaudio.so ROCKS! Upgraded from N35... think this new one gona stay on as long as N35 did. No GPS reboot yet =)

yes Fixed N72 works really well. I am still on Gen1 so flashed N72 + Converter + Libaudio + Gapps. Running for 20 hours and on 87% battery on light use.

Guest cartoone
yes Fixed N72 works really well. I am still on Gen1 so flashed N72 + Converter + Libaudio + Gapps. Running for 20 hours and on 87% battery on light use.

Can you plz try restarting the phone?

My battery also shows around 55% ,but once i restart it suddenly drops to 18%..

something related to battery indicator it seems :P

Guest MidaMilunk
n84 with libaudio.so here - 23 mins call, 9 hours on battery, 93% left:

dialer: 2%

phone call: 53%

seems fixed.

hmmm... I never thought I had any drain, but ...

I started from home with 100% percent battery (charger removed at about last midnight) state at about 7am. Yesterday night I have installed N84 with full wipe, restored apps with TiBackup.

Now it is 10:11, and the battery is at 89%. A few short calls only, no mobile data, WiFi for half an hour, but only sync. Battery stst shows that 46% was used by calls.

And proximity... If I remove the phone from my ears, it turns on the display on, putting back again does not turn off the display! But if I keep it removed for a while (I waited for the screen blank timeout, but it seems to be ineffective, the screen remained lit all the time) and put it back than, the proximity works fine, and also for any later time within the same call!

Anyone else to try?

Guest Maringer
Battery drain, and two days with one charge? This seems a bit of contradiction for me. My phone usually stands a working day, from morning till late afternoon, but I do not feel I have any drainage :P

Drain means for me that battery level changes "a lot" even while the phone is in standby state. Is it the case for you? How much can it change if it still lasts two days?

I do currently have very light usage at present - no internet browsing, game playing, etc. Just a few short calls and sending a few texts a day, plus checking GMail as it comes in. When I'm at the office or home I always have internet access so don't need to use the phone for much else (too busy to play around with it to be honest!).

The additional battery drain I am referring to is in comparison to a Froyo ROM where a similar usage pattern would see the phone last three full days quite comfortably on one charge. Not really a problem as I have a charger to hand most of the time but I think the issue is that I know the dialler drain issue exists so it irritates me!

I am currently using N82, however, and see that somebody in a post above seems to think that N84 resolved the dialler sensor drain problem. I'll give it (well, N85) a try to see what happens!

The only time I've had extremely unusual battery drain recently is following a Titanium Backup automated backup. This has always caused a drainage problem for me which only a reboot could resolve. Oddly enough, there didn't seem to be any indication of additional usage in Spare Parts yet the drain (5-10% per hour when idle) still occurred! I've since disabled automated backups which should help. I'll be OK just as long as I remember to perform a manual backup from time to time.

CM7 is so very nearly perfect (for me) now. Just a couple of little niggles to fix and we'll be there.

Guest stedk
My phone usually stands a working day, from morning till late afternoon, but I do not feel I have any drainage :P

That is similar to my experience concerning stand by times. How can it be that with SS5 I get almost two days w/ medium usage and latest nightlys (duly patched with libaudio and so on) never last a full day with similar usage ? I am on a 3G ONLY network. Can this be relevant ? Please help. I miss CM7 but I had to switch back to SS5 because of this.

Edited by stedk

Guest anneliese

Anyone made a flashable file with a fixed 72 version including all patches? I think some users like me would apreciate that.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Interesting: just applied N85 and removed my AutomateIt rule, and proximity sensor seems to work fine!

And that, even with auto-brightness enabled!

Good job!! :rolleyes:

Apart from this, it's a bit early to talk of battery stats, but wifi seemed stable.

I'm going to give a try to n85 so. :P

Anyway, the Tasker method given by targetbsp works fine with n72.

I'll report for proximity sensor with n85 soon. Thanks.

Guest targetbsp
As you mentioned it in another post, I tried AutomateIt yesterday and it seems able to perform this trick as well.

I'll stick to it for the moment as I'm still not convinced the use I could make of Tasker is worth its price...

Thanks for the tip anyway <_<

Good to know. :( When I bought Tasker, AutomateIT didn't exist, so I've never tried it as I obviously already had Tasker. That's a free solution to people getting everything* working then (except SIP to a headset) . :P

N72 fixed + libaudio patch + AutomateIt (if you don't already have Tasker).

*everything currently topical. Obviously there's the rest of the issues list but they seem less pressing issuers to people around here based on recent postings.

I do currently have very light usage at present - no internet browsing, game playing, etc. Just a few short calls and sending a few texts a day, plus checking GMail as it comes in. When I'm at the office or home I always have internet access so don't need to use the phone for much else (too busy to play around with it to be honest!).

The additional battery drain I am referring to is in comparison to a Froyo ROM where a similar usage pattern would see the phone last three full days quite comfortably on one charge. Not really a problem as I have a charger to hand most of the time but I think the issue is that I know the dialler drain issue exists so it irritates me!

I am currently using N82, however, and see that somebody in a post above seems to think that N84 resolved the dialler sensor drain problem. I'll give it (well, N85) a try to see what happens!

If you're making calls - you need the libaudio patch. It is not fixed in any rom - the devs rejected the fix for breaking SIP over headsets. In both idle time and extermely heavy use, CM7 is identical to Swedish Spring for me. It has been noted that it has heavier 3G usage but i use 2g and wifi mostly and only switch to 3g as needed.

hmmm... I never thought I had any drain, but ...

I started from home with 100% percent battery (charger removed at about last midnight) state at about 7am. Yesterday night I have installed N84 with full wipe, restored apps with TiBackup.

Now it is 10:11, and the battery is at 89%. A few short calls only, no mobile data, WiFi for half an hour, but only sync. Battery stst shows that 46% was used by calls.

And proximity... If I remove the phone from my ears, it turns on the display on, putting back again does not turn off the display! But if I keep it removed for a while (I waited for the screen blank timeout, but it seems to be ineffective, the screen remained lit all the time) and put it back than, the proximity works fine, and also for any later time within the same call!

Anyone else to try?

Pretty much the past 10 pages of this thread are about precisely those 2 issues and how to workaround them lol.

I'm going to give a try to n85 so. :rolleyes:

Ah cool. I shall await your feedback on this. Personally I'm going to try out the new libaudio patch today. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Celtic67

Anyone else to try?

I installed N84 yesterday and had a play with proximity last night. At first I thought it wasn't working, but I had it laid flat while testing. I found a setting to enable proximity even while horizontal, so I guess it doesn't do that by default. I left that off & retested with it to my head, rather than just covering with my hand. It definitely came back on when moving away from my head, though was a bit iffy when putting it to my head, it didn't blank the screen every time.

Another problem I had previously (N67) was that the first incoming call after a reboot was silent. That seems to be fixed as well.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Ah cool. I shall await your feedback on this. Personally I'm going to try out the new libaudio patch today. :D

No way, the proximity sensor doesn't work well with me. :P

Ogami, how did you install the n85, wipe cache or anything else ? Are you sure about your proximity sensor tests ?

But there's interesting thing anyway. The sensor seems to work sometimes with Tasker running (i'm really not sure, Tasker should reset the sensor IMO) ...

My buttons light up when I cover the sensor with my finger, like when I have auto-brightness On, then I leave my finger, waiting a little and the buttons turn off. Then when I put my finger on the sensor the screen turn Off ... :rolleyes: I can reproduce this thing without Tasker but it's definitly not good...

Something's strange with CM7, maybe we must call Ghostbusters. :(

I'll go back with n72+libaudio+Tasker trick for now. <_<

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest The Soup Thief

I've been using n85 this morning (force of habit really, ROM manager makes it v quick to flash new ROMs)

Seems fine, though I was v annoyed to have a reboot on removing the charge cable - hadn't seen that for weeks. Couldn't replcicate it so I htink it's just the same rare occurrence as others have reported lately

I haven't been able to replicate the proximity sensor problem reported by many on recent pages/nightlies and once again this morning with n85 have been unable to replicate it, FWIW

Guest targetbsp
No way, the proximity sensor doesn't work well with me. :P

Ogami, how did you install the n85, wipe cache or anything else ? But there's interesting thing anyway. The sensor seems to work sometimes with Tasker running... Are you sure about your proximity sensor tests ?

My buttons light up when I cover the sensor with my finger, like when I have auto-brightness On, then I leave my finger, waiting a little and the buttons turn off. Then when I put my finger on the sensor the screen turn Off ... :rolleyes:

Something's strange with CM7, maybe we must call Ghostbusters. :(

I'll go back with n72+libaudio+Tasker trick for now. <_<

I wonder if it's a mis-understanding of the sensor problem? Because I was originally into the 80's thinking it worked fine too before I fully understood the issue.

If you bring the phone down in front of you to look at or use the screen and then back to your ear then it works fine. The problem is only occurring if you move the phone a bit away from your ear and back again - as you might to relax your arm or even accidentally or something.

I don't use SIP applications, so can not test if it works, but has anyone tried the libaudio.so in post 65 on the issue tracker?

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2858

I can't test it for SIP for the same reasons you can't, but I am testing it for battery drain right now.

Edited by targetbsp

I'm going to give a try to n85 so. :P

OK I had the occasion to test this further: I seemed to have conflicting results, but I think I sorted this out.

It seems the device still needs a move to take the proximity sensor into account: however, it's no longer necessary to turn it over completely - at least on my blade.

Now just moving the phone towards your ear seems to do the trick.

I also realized when testing that my fingers sometimes "slid" on the upper part of the digitizer and triggered the notification bar, thus preventing the screen from switching off. This is something to take into account in "real" testing as well, as it could happen if you press the phone too quickly against your ear...

Edit: mmm ok maybe it's a bit more complex actually. can't get the same results every time... really amazing! each time I think I have found the way it works, another test proves I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

Guest The Soup Thief
I wonder if it's a mis-understanding of the sensor problem? Because I was originally into the 80's thinking it worked fine too before I fully understood the issue.

If you bring the phone down in front of you to look at or use the screen and then back to your ear then it works fine. The problem is only occurring if you move the phone a bit away from your ear and back again - as you might to relax your arm or even accidentally or something.

I can't test it for SIP for the same reasons you can't, but I am testing it for battery drain right now.

ok - just tried it as you suggested. Moving it away from my head by a smidgin so I can see the screen flash back on, then bringing it back to my ear (so covering the sensor) keeps the screen lit, as you suggest. But then following the call, after taking the phone from my ear (uncovering the sensor fully) it reverts to normal functioning again.

On a second call though it doesn't dim...

Ahh. Ok - I see the problem. My bad. This is still there on n85 then

Doesn't seem a biggie though - just stops phone dimming if you confuse the prox sensor (by toggling it off and on quickly). As noted previously, reboot seems to resolve it

AutomateIt to the rescue!

Guest targetbsp
ok - just tried it as you suggested. Moving it away from my head by a smidgin so I can see the screen flash back on, then bringing it back to my ear (so covering the sensor) keeps the screen lit, as you suggest. But then following the call, after taking the phone from my ear (uncovering the sensor fully) it reverts to normal functioning again.

On a second call though it doesn't dim...

Ahh. Ok - I see the problem. My bad. This is still there on n85 then

Doesn't seem a biggie though - just stops phone dimming if you confuse the prox sensor (by toggling it off and on quickly). As noted previously, reboot seems to resolve it

AutomateIt to the rescue!

I think the problem is, and I've never done this, that your ear could interact with the screen if it fails to turn off. And one of the buttons on the screen is hang up. :rolleyes:

It doesn't cause any kind of problem post call, like *the* proximity bug did. :P

Also, as far as we're aware, and I don't know why this is the case, the autobrightness trick (and presumably AutomateIt/Tasker) only seems to work on N72 fixed. Be nice if N85 has at least changed to work with the autobrightness off though?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest The Soup Thief
I think the problem is, and I've never done this, that your ear could interact with the screen if it fails to turn off. And one of the buttons on the screen is hang up. <_<

It doesn't cause any kind of problem post call, like *the* proximity bug did. :P

Gotchya - sorry for my braindim everyone! Will try to keep up :rolleyes:

Easy workaround til it's fixed in the nightlies though - just slice off your right ear so it doesn't hit the hang up button. Worked fine til I was carrying something in my right hand and had to hold the phone to my left ear. So now it's out with the scissors again...

AutomateIt's everso handy tho - not quite so versatile as Tasker but very usable for these little tweaks. And anything free that saves you slicing your ears off has to be good, eh? :(

Guest Android.Fan
regarding modified libaudio.so - the one posted here breaks SIP applications (will route sound to speakerphone), if I am not mistaken.

How about ROM version update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-Kang-signed (was posted earlier in this thread)

Battery life is very good, no hissing sound, no drain after voice calls, Skype and CSipSimple works 100% properly.

May be it's worth to take libaudio.so from this ROM?

I use it for about 2 weeks, works very well (I use Go Dialer instead of stock dialer)

The only bugs this firmware have is proximity in a call works only once when auto brightness is on, and stuck LED when using Regpon WiFi Keep Alive

Exactly. I also think this ROM is doing really very good. If fully charged can last for more than 24 hrs on 3G network and data enabled all the time and average use with phone calls. I'm using 3 network which runs only on 3G. There is one more problem I've noticed on this ROM is, it routes your own voice to the earpiece sometimes. It only happens when I place a call through Skype on 3. Normal phone calls are fine.

I'm very happy with it n using it for the last two weeks.

Guest JolyonS
Anyone made a flashable file with a fixed 72 version including all patches? I think some users like me would apreciate that.

Agreed. Particularly as N72 is not available any more.

Guest targetbsp
Gotchya - sorry for my braindim everyone! Will try to keep up :P

Easy workaround til it's fixed in the nightlies though - just slice off your right ear so it doesn't hit the hang up button. Worked fine til I was carrying something in my right hand and had to hold the phone to my left ear. So now it's out with the scissors again...

AutomateIt's everso handy tho - not quite so versatile as Tasker but very usable for these little tweaks. And anything free that saves you slicing your ears off has to be good, eh? :rolleyes:

I made an edit that you might have missed before your reply. The auto-brightness trick for fixing proximity only seems to work in N72 fixed and not in any of the nightlies. Unless that has changed in N85

Guest targetbsp
Agreed. Particularly as N72 is not available any more.

You don't want N72 anyway. It's broken. You want N72 Fixed (this version by Fonix): http://www.wuala.com/fonix232/Blade/ROM/CyanogenMod/

And libaudio.so from comment 55 here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2858

That goes in system\lib in the above rom. Three choices for doing that:

1) open the rom zip file up and navigate to system\lib and drag and drop the file in before flashing the rom

2) after flashing the rom, copy the file into system\lib using root explorer then hold your finger on the newly copied file and choose permissions and tick read, write in the top line and read in the next 2 lines (everything else unticked)

3) after flashing the rom, then flash libaudio on in clockwork as you would the rom using a file made by LanceH: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=82LCB8Z1

Edited by targetbsp