[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest JayGB1982

My phone which is on N31 doesnt seem to sleep? Just 3g data being used but I can wake the phone up using the home and menu buttons?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Also I keep having too pull the battery... As the phone randomly hangs on the unlock screen..

I have always done a complete wipe, even when upgrading a nightly build.

Guest JayGB1982

Please note my sleep issue was without Wifi being ever enabled..

It occurred under 3G when the sync icon was in the notification bar

So it seems when the phone syncs it doesnt allow sleep mode?

This "sleep" issue disappeared once i rebooted the phone... and sync does not appear in notification I cannot wake the phone up

BUT it did happen when syncing???

Looks like the CM team have decided to roll back to the old wifi driver...

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,4249

blade: Add wifi tether support

This also reverts to the older ar6000 module as the current one has issues with tethering and power.

One step forward two steps back :D

It'd be better to try to fix the new wifi module if we can, I think they found an open source version for the new module, but it's obviously causing some serious problems (the old one isn't trouble free either & it's not open source) & they can't delay the final release forever.

When does 7.1 development start?

Guest Roo13
Looks like the CM team have decided to roll back to the old wifi driver...

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,4249

blade: Add wifi tether support

This also reverts to the older ar6000 module as the current one has issues with tethering and power.

One step forward two steps back :D

Hi

Dunno, if others have this too but since the new wifi driver connection is unstable: disconnect, doesn't find or reconnect to my home network..worked better on n28, i'll wait 'til next nightly if they roll back to previous one while improving the new one

Guest samjam
Hi

Dunno, if others have this too but since the new wifi driver connection is unstable: disconnect, doesn't find or reconnect to my home network..worked better on n28, i'll wait 'til next nightly if they roll back to previous one while improving the new one

N32 with the update at the bottom of post 307 at the top of this page should be what you are waiting for. Works great for my wlan and battery issues:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...hread/page/306/

Guest AsusFreak
N32 with the update at the bottom of post 307 at the top of this page should be what you are waiting for. Works great for my wlan and battery issues:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...hread/page/306/

+1

WLAN and battery are doing their jobs like in the past before they added the new module.

Tethering never was a problem for me: I used an app for Wifi tethering.

Only the GPS issue remains but after turning off the GPS after use it's ok for me.

Very stable and fast.

I will stay with RC3 and the old module for a while.

Guest tdroza
On another note, I still find it very annoying how the power notification widget works. I have had this on all CM7 nightlies. Pressing the buttons is sometimes frustrating because it doesn't seem to register the touch on, say the wifi button, while other times it is fine. Also closing the widget is awkward, unless you use the back button.

Can anything be done about this and is it worth filing a bug report on this?

Apologies if you already know this... you can set the power widget to close automatically after tapping an icon in the widget. Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Notification power widget > Hide on change.

Works well for me because I normally only open the power widget to toggle one control, so now I can slide it open, tap bluetooth, and the widget automatically slides closed.

Guest samjam
Ok, about to take the CM7 plunge. DO I go for nightly32, rc3, or does it not make that much difference?

see post 414 about 4 posts up from yours.

Guest galorin
see post 414 about 4 posts up from yours.

Ok, will do that, and if I run in to any problems, hopefully they are solved somewhere in the 400+ posts in this thread... eek!

Guest targetbsp

Bump to RC4 already in the changelog. :D They must be getting close to what they consider a stable release for most phones I guess if so few changes warrant a new RC?

Guest blade2011
Bump to RC4 already in the changelog. :D They must be getting close to what they consider a stable release for most phones I guess if so few changes warrant a new RC?

Sounds good! :D

But would a stable CM7 release also mean that CM7 on blade leaves experimental?

After all our blade entered the development much later than the other devices.

Cheers, blade

Guest mvheuver
Apologies if you already know this... you can set the power widget to close automatically after tapping an icon in the widget. Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Notification power widget > Hide on change.

Works well for me because I normally only open the power widget to toggle one control, so now I can slide it open, tap bluetooth, and the widget automatically slides closed.

Yes, that is a work-around but in my opinion doesn't address the issue. Don't get me wrong, for me personally this isn't a deal-breaker, I am very happy with CM7 and use it as my daily ROM and am very grateful to the developers for that. I consider myself a bit of a geek (aren't we all on this forum) so it's easy enough to just use the back button or use the above work-around. The point is that for ordinary users, such as my missus, whose Blade I intend to upgrade to CM7 soon, things like this may be confusing. Consider it constructive feedback to make CM7 even better.

Guest reluctant_traveller
Yes, that is a work-around but in my opinion doesn't address the issue. Don't get me wrong, for me personally this isn't a deal-breaker, I am very happy with CM7 and use it as my daily ROM and am very grateful to the developers for that. I consider myself a bit of a geek (aren't we all on this forum) so it's easy enough to just use the back button or use the above work-around. The point is that for ordinary users, such as my missus, whose Blade I intend to upgrade to CM7 soon, things like this may be confusing. Consider it constructive feedback to make CM7 even better.

I am not sure I understand whats going on here; for me, I just swipe down (you can swipe anywhere on the screen) for the notification bar to scroll down, and click my options on the powerbar and then single tap the bottom of the pulldown for it to roll back up.

I don't mean to come across as rude, but what could possibly be confusing about that? Using the standard dialer to select a contact, then choosing to dial their number requires more interaction and seems less intuitive than the power widget.

I note that you say closing the widget is ackward, could you not just add the power control widget to the screen, you can tailor its selection of buttons too; and as I mentioned, to close the pulldown notification/power widget you only need to 'tap' the bottom of it, i have tried to not make it work, but it seems pretty hard to make it fail to recognise the tapping action.

EDIT:

The pull down notification/power widget seems fine at recognising inputs if you make a deliberate selection i.e half a second touch rather than a quick prod.

I tried to see if I could get it to miss my selection, but could not. Perhaps my screen is better calibrated or something.

I do notice the wifi one has a delay in changing state, but I understand that is because it is not an instantaneous action and has background operations to process.

What has happened is that toggling the Airplane mode about 10 times has caused it to lock itself in to airplane mode even though the icon shows otherwise. Will test this further.

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest reluctant_traveller

Has anyone not taken a look at the power widget that can be added to the screen? It certainly seems to have a lot of functions such as turning off 3g when wifi is enabled. I cannot honestly remember seeing those options on previous ROMS.