[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Celtic67
Gotchya - sorry for my braindim everyone! Will try to keep up :P

Easy workaround til it's fixed in the nightlies though - just slice off your right ear so it doesn't hit the hang up button. Worked fine til I was carrying something in my right hand and had to hold the phone to my left ear. So now it's out with the scissors again...

AutomateIt's everso handy tho - not quite so versatile as Tasker but very usable for these little tweaks. And anything free that saves you slicing your ears off has to be good, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm going to grab AutomateIT when I can be bothered to leave my desk. Signal is awful here & I can't get out through our proxy, despite being the admin & trying TransProxy.

I get the idea of having it switch auto brightness on/off, but what have you done with it to fix a confused proximity sensor? Or do you still have that problem if you move it away only briefly?

Guest targetbsp
I'm going to grab AutomateIT when I can be bothered to leave my desk. Signal is awful here & I can't get out through our proxy, despite being the admin & trying TransProxy.

I get the idea of having it switch auto brightness on/off, but what have you done with it to fix a confused proximity sensor? Or do you still have that problem if you move it away only briefly?

The proximity in calls only doesn't work if auto brightness is on. So all you're doing is turning off auto brightness during a call. And *that* is what fixes the confused proximity sensor. :P

Guest pellonet
is n85 ok?

You could always 'suck it & see', people's individual experiences seem to vary so a definitive reply to your question is not going to be conclusive, I'm OK but others are not so convinced. :P

Guest flshg
Exactly. I also think this ROM is doing really very good. If fully charged can last for more than 24 hrs on 3G network and data enabled all the time and average use with phone calls. I'm using 3 network which runs only on 3G. There is one more problem I've noticed on this ROM is, it routes your own voice to the earpiece sometimes. It only happens when I place a call through Skype on 3. Normal phone calls are fine.

I'm very happy with it n using it for the last two weeks.

Android.fan, any chance you could upload your "skype on 3" app somewhere? I've been trying to get hold of it, but when I try to download it from planet 3 it tells me my phone isnt support. I'm using a 3 payg sim in my blade running ss5. Thanks.

(Apologies, I know this is off topic, but I might go back to cm7 once more of the issues are sorted out...)

Edited by flshg

Guest sej7278
Android.fan, any chance you could upload your "skype on 3" app somewhere? I've been trying to get hold of it, but when I try to download it from planet 3 it tells me my phone isnt support. I'm using a 3 payg sim in my blade running ss5. Thanks.

(Apologies, I know this is off topic, but I might go back to cm7 once more of the issues are sorted out...)

skype's on the market. use wifi and marketenabler (or a different sim) to get it if 3 block you.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.s...aider&hl=en

Edited by sej7278

Guest MidaMilunk
The proximity in calls only doesn't work if auto brightness is on. So all you're doing is turning off auto brightness during a call. And *that* is what fixes the confused proximity sensor. :P

I have tried it with N83, but the proximity issue was there, whatever I set with the brightness!

And this is also the case with N84! Anyway, it it only me experiencing the opposite problem with the proximity? I mean that my phone does not turn the light OFF, when I raise the phone in a single call the second time (unless I wait for at least idonnotknowexactlybutmorethan5 seconds off the phone my ear)?

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest h@mster81
skype's on the market. use wifi and marketenabler (or a different sim) to get it if 3 block you.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.s...aider&hl=en

He needs skype on 3 which is a different app and not available on Market.

This one should work just fine:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...blade-on-three/

Edited by h@mster81

Guest targetbsp
I have tried it with N83, but the proximity issue was there, whatever I set with the brightness!

I'm going to try it with the current N84 as well, since my N83 was only an update (no wipe) on a slightly modified N78 :P

Yes. The auto-brightness workaround only works in N72-Fixed :rolleyes:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Jetba
i want CM7, so whats the best way to get a the most upto date but stable mod

Just take n84 or 85. I'm using 84, and its working fine. for me, it's stable and anything.

Guest vik1

Anyone having problem with email?

My virgin media email stopped working and now can't get it going again - I know I've got all my settings right and it keeps saying "Cannont connect to Server. (expected string, none found.)

Am running nightly 85

Also - when playing music at really low volume - there is loads of interference or hiss which was never there before I upgraded to cm7 - this is more noticeable on headphones - anyone else having this problem/know of a fix?

Guest targetbsp
Also - when playing music at really low volume - there is loads of interference or hiss which was never there before I upgraded to cm7 - this is more noticeable on headphones - anyone else having this problem/know of a fix?

There's always been hiss for me on the blade from the headphones on any rom, including stock.

Yes. The auto-brightness workaround only works in N72-Fixed :P

OK just to share a bit more crappy thoughts than I did already about this damn sensor, I ran an incredible number of tests, and this is my *current* feeling about it...

What *currently* works for me is holding the phone so that:

1) the digitizer is not in contact with any part of the face, at least until the screen is off

2) the prox sensor is clearly in the auricle, not outside, for obvious reasons

Point 2 is a bit tricky because the sensor is far on the left side of the phone so it's easy to get out of range without noticing, if you're not aware of the issue.

This position is finally quite natural: only the upper part of the front side touches the ear.

With this method, I systematically manage to get the screen off the 1st time, and often the other times.

I in some occasions still fail to get the screen off the second and other times, and have to apply the "horizontal, screen up" method to get it to work again.

About the mail issues: I don't use the stock app but K9 and at least this app still works OK.

Edited by Guest

Guest devilkazuya
Can you plz try restarting the phone?

My battery also shows around 55% ,but once i restart it suddenly drops to 18%..

something related to battery indicator it seems :P

yes Fixed N72 works really well. I am still on Gen1 so flashed N72 + Converter + Libaudio + Gapps. Running for 20 hours and on 87% battery on light use.

restarted it and battery is showing 81%, battery use 1d 1h 15m 33s. Before restart it was 86%.

I use the stock CM7 music app with the ZTE headphones but didn't notice any difference. At very low volume there's a hiss, but nothing terrible or unusual...

Maybe DSPManager went crazy if you use it. I had that once, the sound was sooooooo loud after a flash, and I realized that killing DSP solved the issue.

I had to uninstall/reinstall it to get it back to normal.

Guest WildeRNS
yes Fixed N72 works really well. I am still on Gen1 so flashed N72 + Converter + Libaudio + Gapps. Running for 20 hours and on 87% battery on light use.

restarted it and battery is showing 81%, battery use 1d 1h 15m 33s. Before restart it was 86%.

incredible! how??? no data,calls?

Guest vik1
There's always been hiss for me on the blade from the headphones on any rom, including stock.

mine was crystal - especially with power amp - sound quality was actually reasonable all things considered!

think i'm going to switch to swedish now - this and email are 2 things that i use the phone most for!

Guest targetbsp
incredible! how??? no data,calls?

That's not incredible. That's a normal rate of battery going down on 2g. :P

mine was crystal - especially with power amp - sound quality was actually reasonable all things considered!

think i'm going to switch to swedish now - this and email are 2 things that i use the phone most for!

Guess it depends what your hiss is like. On mine it's nothing that would bothers me - I'd have to have the music volume real quiet for it to affect the music. There's just a noise difference between the phone playing 0 volume at me and it sending nothing to the headphones. Frankly, my expensive home cinema 5.1 setup does the same - you can hear when it switches to and from playing from a silent source to actually switching off cause there's nothing to play.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Grain

It'd be good if some people could help with testing the new libaudio.so (in comment 65 - NOT 67). It should fix both drain after calls (no workaround needed) and SIP audio routing. Optimum would be testing with SIP calls, GSM calls, Skype calls, handset/headset/bluetooth, and checking logcats as indicated in the comment, then reporting any bugs that library does not fix but rather introduces. :P

Guest supermies123

Is GPS, Compass and sensors working fine on N85?

n00bie question, how can i install external libaudio file?

Edited by supermies123

Guest targetbsp
It'd be good if some people could help with testing the new libaudio.so (in comment 65 - NOT 67). It should fix both drain after calls (no workaround needed) and SIP audio routing. Optimum would be testing with SIP calls, GSM calls, Skype calls, handset/headset/bluetooth, and checking logcats as indicated in the comment, then reporting any bugs that library does not fix but rather introduces. :P

I'm testing it for after call battery drain. Initially it seemed to drop a couple of percent rather quickly but since then it's seemed stable. Gonna need a pretty long test to be sure methinks. Still on it. :rolleyes:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest WildeRNS
That's not incredible. That's a normal rate of battery going down on 2g. :P

Guess it depends what your hiss is like. On mine it's nothing that would bothers me - I'd have to have the music volume real quiet for it to affect the music. There's just a noise difference between the phone playing 0 volume at me and it sending nothing to the headphones. Frankly, my expensive home cinema 5.1 setup does the same - you can hear when it switches to and from playing from a silent source to actually switching off cause there's nothing to play.

i'm allways on 2G, 3 days without data - the best my result (on 2.2), on 2.3 - 2 days with data.