[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest k0zmic
- _ -

Yes, it was necessary to put it that big.

Jealousy is a killer. :/

It was.

But don't feel too bad, I haven't even uploaded 10% of my music yet. 700 songs is going to take a while even with Virgin Media, downloads are great but upload = :/

Although, I suppose that's what my Windows Home Server is for :P.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest sej7278
But don't feel too bad, I haven't even uploaded 10% of my music yet. 700 songs is going to take a while even with Virgin Media, downloads are great but upload = :/

upload? you've got to upload your songs to google?! can't you point it at the fileserver or sdcard?

i've never tried even the old music app as i can't get NFSv4 working on android and don't want to use crappy old CIFS.

i just built n85+ with the source patched libaudio #65 and made a couple of calls. dialler sensor usage is high, but battery usage is not moving from 2% so far. not tested sip as i don't have a headset.

i can't get proximity with auto-brightness to fail though - you sure you're putting it near enough to your head to trigger the screen-blanking?

Edited by sej7278

Guest k0zmic
upload? you've got to UPLOAD your songs to google?!

can't you point it at the fileserver or sdcard?

i've never tried even the old music app as i can't get NFSv4 working on android and don't want to use crappy old CIFS.

Yep.

Nope select folder using Music Manager (by Google) and upload if you want it in the Cloud.

I have a feeling in the future it'll be more like Dropbox, e.g. by having a ID for each individual song and it sort of compares it to what's being uploaded and if someone else has already uploaded it it'll just index and add a link to your online library rather than having to upload each and every song.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest sej7278
Yep.

Nope select folder using Music Manager (by Google) and upload if you want it in the Cloud.

I have a feeling in the future it'll be more like Dropbox, e.g. by having a ID for each individual song and it sort of compares it to what's being uploaded and if someone else has already uploaded it it'll just index and add a link to your online library rather than having to upload each and every song.

oh right its some cloud bullshit. i don't like the sound of that, i'd prefer to pinhole the firewall to my fileserver.

wouldn't it be easier to have some sort streaming service instead - i.e. buy a song, and stream it to whatever device you have registered to your account, instead of downloading it and then re-uploading to the cloud.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Hows nightly 85, any "stable" update since '72?

I'm on 7.03 (: (and have little reason to change - except the drawing bug)

It was.

Although, I suppose that's what my Windows Home Server is for :rolleyes:.

Honestly. I live in the country. I cant even play youtube at 360p without stutters DOWNLOADS are so slow.

Just think about uploads.

And the fact my music collection is all FLAC files. :P

I 'spose there would be little point in me getting google music anyway <_<

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest slitz
Also, I just got a Google Music invite :P.

Sorry about being off-topic here, but isn't Google Music only available for the US? I really hope you guys aren't putting flacs on your Blades, lol.

Edited by slitz

Guest sej7278

for me its rock solid with the libaudio.so patch (well n84 was, i've only just installed my n85+) although i don't really care about sip or headsets.

no gps/usb reboots, no proximity problems for me at least. people are reporting imap email probs. hell read the thread its only a couple of hundred pages :P

Honestly. I live in the country. I cant even play youtube at 360p without stutters DOWNLOADS are so slow.

And the fact my music collection is all FLAC files. :rolleyes:

I 'spose there would be little point in me getting google music anyway <_<

FLAC, ouch 35mb/track @ 400kbps upload. by the time you upload that lot we'll be on CM8 stable.

gotta say, i've got a good 9mbps download but can't get youtube 720p to play anywhere near nicely. 360p though dude, you on dial-up?

Guest k0zmic

I'm on 7.03 (: (and have little reason to change - except the drawing bug)

And the fact my music collection is all FLAC files. :P

I 'spose there would be little point in me getting google music anyway :rolleyes:

I feel your pain, I live just outside London and I struggled with 480p since I'm a mile from the exchange before.

Downloads used to be around 150Kbp/s, strangely upload was pretty good around 80Kbp/s. Your upload must be around 50Kbp/s?

Oh, mine are mostly AAC from iTunes or MP3.

I bet I'll forget about it soon.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest sej7278
I feel your pain, I live just outside London and I struggled with 480p since I'm a mile from the exchange before.

Downloads used to be around 150Kbp/s, strangely upload was pretty good around 80Kbp/s. Your upload must be around 50Kbp/s?

dude if you're on 150k down and 80k up your neighbour is torrenting through your router lol! or are you talking about 3g speeds or something akin to dial-up?

i'm in kent and get 7mbps down and 256k up or something on crappy BT ADSL. annoyingly my french holiday home is 2m/200k faster than that and it is really rural (albeit 150 metres from the exchange).

Guest Mushroom_Lord
I really hope you guys aren't putting flacs on your Blades, lol.

I don't see why not, it can play them fine! Its Cm native <_< And theres plenty of room on it too :P

for me its rock solid with the libaudio.so patch (well n84 was, i've only just installed my n85+) although i don't really care about sip or headsets.

no gps/usb reboots, no proximity problems for me at least. people are reporting imap email probs. hell read the thread its only a couple of hundred pages :(

FLAC, ouch 35mb/track @ 400kbps upload. by the time you upload that lot we'll be on CM8 stable.

gotta say, i've got a good 9mbps download but can't get youtube 720p to play anywhere near nicely. 360p though dude, you on dial-up?

Thanks for the quick reply, will be upgrading :D

And Dial-up? I don't *think* so. noob question, thats when you use the phone line right? Even so I ain't got a clue! Well...we have err some form of broadband and we can call people and use the internet at the same time? :L I'm such a bagel! (though I remember when I had to get offline when someone was phoning someone)

Oh, mine are mostly AAC from iTunes or MP3.

I bet I'll forget about it soon.

To be honest, I don't really know about exact speeds! But they are slow :D (A Cm ROM is often about an hour and a bit)

And I prefer lossless quality :rolleyes:

Play anything else through nice speakers and O.o :D

And iTunes? speak of the devil :D

Guest k0zmic
Sorry about being off-topic here, but isn't Google Music only available for the US? I really hope you guys aren't putting flacs on your Blades, lol.

Yep it's meant to be, but Hidemyass.com came in useful.

dude if you're on 150k down and 80k up your neighbour is torrenting through your router lol! or are you talking about 3g speeds or something akin to dial-up?

i'm in kent and get 7mbps down and 256k up or something on crappy BT ADSL. annoyingly my french holiday home is 2m/200k faster than that and it is really rural (albeit 150 metres from the exchange).

I used to get those speeds with BT and O2 now I get around 45MB down and around 2MB up (at most) on VM.

Guest k0zmic
I don't see why not, it can play them fine! Its Cm native <_< And theres plenty of room on it too :P

Thanks for the quick reply, will be upgrading :D

And Dial-up? I don't *think* so. noob question, thats when you use the phone line right? Even so I ain't got a clue! Well...we have err some form of broadband and we can call people and use the internet at the same time? :L I'm such a bagel! (though I remember when I had to get offline when someone was phoning someone)

To be honest, I don't really know about exact speeds! But they are slow :( (A Cm ROM is often about an hour and a bit)

And I prefer lossless quality :rolleyes:

Play anything else through nice speakers and O.o :D

And iTunes? speak of the devil :D

Hour for CM? That's horrible!

Very true. I usually just play through headphones.

I know it's crap I used to have an iPod (still do somewhere).

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Hour for CM? That's horrible!

Very true. I usually just play through headphones.

I know it's crap I used to have an iPod (still do somewhere).

Hence the fact I update slowly, don't often have time :P

And as do, I but I fear I am a bit of an audiophile :rolleyes: though I've lost my cx200's, after buying them after loosing my cs300's...

And I used to want an iPod :L

My sister has one, any iTunes vouchers I get are either traded to her or a friend for cash <_<

Guest targetbsp
i can't get proximity with auto-brightness to fail though - you sure you're putting it near enough to your head to trigger the screen-blanking?

Sure you're testing for the right issue? I've not seen anyone claim it works (without then taking it back :P )

Instructions on post 4217 on page 211

Guest k0zmic
Hence the fact I update slowly, don't often have time :P

And as do, I but I fear I am a bit of an audiophile :rolleyes: though I've lost my cx200's, after buying them after loosing my cs300's...

And I used to want an iPod :L

My sister has one, any iTunes vouchers I get are either traded to her or a friend for cash <_<

Now I understand!

Oh, I had CX300's but they broke. Now I have Klipsch Image S4's.

Lucrative.

Guest bagge

I've skimmed through a fair ammount of the past pages trying to get an understanding for exactly what this libaudio patch does. Is it correct that the only thing it breaks is SIP, and it fixes some dialer battery drain, or are there other side effects/fixes involved in it? This dialer drainage, is it constant without the patch, or is it just a massive drain while actually being on the phone?

Thanks.

Guest targetbsp
I've skimmed through a fair ammount of the past pages trying to get an understanding for exactly what this libaudio patch does. Is it correct that the only thing it breaks is SIP, and it fixes some dialer battery drain, or are there other side effects/fixes involved in it? This dialer drainage, is it constant without the patch, or is it just a massive drain while actually being on the phone?

Thanks.

It causes constant drain following a voice call. The rest of your understanding is correct. :P

Guest vviskari
So the final bug I have is the proximity sensor. I'm really not sure if it has ever been working on my phone and can't go back to original ROM. Who has the proximity sensor working on a Blade? Could you check the hardware info about the sensor (with Elixir or similar). Mine reads:

Name: Taos Proximity Sensor

Vendor: Taos Inc.

Version: 1

Resolution: 5cm

Maximum range: 5cm

Minimum delay: when data changes

Power: 0.5mA

Anyone? Could someone describe how to debug the proximity sensor related stuff. I'd like to find out if mine is working in the first place.

How is it possible that for someone it works and for others won't?

Cheers,

Guest targetbsp
Anyone? Could someone describe how to debug the proximity sensor related stuff. I'd like to find out if mine is working in the first place.

How is it possible that for someone it works and for others won't?

Cheers,

Well... what is your proximity sensor issue? Cause it hasn't worked properly in calls for days.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278
Sure you're testing for the right issue? I've not seen anyone claim it works (without then taking it back :P )

Instructions on post 4217 on page 211

well if i move the phone an inch away from my ear the screen goes on and won't go off until i move it a long way and then back.

but isn't that expected behaviour really? usually you'd only move it away from your ear to look at the dialpad.

especially as stated above the resolution/range is 5cm, doesn't that mean it won't pickup unless you move it at least 5cm? how did it work on froyo?

one time the screen didn't go off at all when i raised it to my ear, which is a real problem as you could press "end" with your ear.

my sensor info from ddms:

DUMP OF SERVICE sensorservice:

Sensor List:

AK8973 3-axis Accelerometer					 | Asahi Kasei					  | 0x00000000 | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=< -0.5, -0.5,  9.8>

AK8973 3-axis Magnetic field sensor			 | Asahi Kasei					  | 0x00000001 | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=<  0.0,  0.0,  0.0>

AK8973 Orientation sensor					   | Asahi Kasei					  | 0x00000002 | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=<  0.0,  0.0,  0.0>

Taos Proximity sensor						   | Taos Inc.						| 0x00000003 | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=<  5.0,  0.0,  0.0>

Taos Light sensor							   | Taos Inc.						| 0x00000004 | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=< 21.0,  0.0,  0.0>

Gravity Sensor								  | Google Inc.					  | 0x5f677276 | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=<  0.0,  0.0,  0.0>

Linear Acceleration Sensor					  | Google Inc.					  | 0x5f6c696e | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=<  0.0,  0.0,  0.0>

Rotation Vector Sensor						  | Google Inc.					  | 0x5f726f76 | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=<  0.0,  0.0,  0.0>

5 h/w sensors:

handle=0x00000000, active-count=0

handle=0x00000001, active-count=0

handle=0x00000002, active-count=0

handle=0x00000003, active-count=0

handle=0x00000004, active-count=0

0 active connections

Active sensors:

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp
well if i move the phone an inch away from my ear the screen goes on and won't go off until i move it a long way and then back.

but isn't that expected behaviour really? usually you'd only move it away from your ear to look at the dialpad.

especially as stated above the resolution/range is 5cm, doesn't that mean it won't pickup unless you move it at least 5cm? how did it work on froyo?

Nope. That's not expected behavior. :P It goes off when you bring it to your ear when the screen is on, no matter how little you moved it in earlier versions of CM and in N72 fixed. If you've moved the screen far enough away for the screen to come on, then surely a proximity change has taken place and the reverse should be able to take place when you move it back.

You can easily move the phone slightly during a long call, for comfort reasons or by accident, causing the screen to turn on and then fail to turn off as you bring it back to your ear and as you say, risk hitting end call.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest bagge
It causes constant drain following a voice call. The rest of your understanding is correct. :P

Thanks for confirming that. I renamed the old one and replaced it with the new and changed the permissions, is there an easy way to confirm that things are as they should be? Dont use SIP, so cant tell if its broken, and havent used cm7 before today so cant really tell if there will be a difference in battery.

Guest sej7278
Thanks for confirming that. I renamed the old one and replaced it with the new and changed the permissions, is there an easy way to confirm that things are as they should be? Dont use SIP, so cant tell if its broken, and havent used cm7 before today so cant really tell if there will be a difference in battery.

Believe me you'd know if you had the dialler drain issue: charge to 100%, make a call, go to bed, in the morning the battery would be at 40%

libaudio.so #55 and #65 (and #71 source) fix it for me, not tried SIP though.

Guest vviskari
Well... what is your proximity sensor issue? Cause it hasn't worked properly in calls for days.

OK. That's what I liked to know. I understood that someone had it working and others didn't. My issue is that the oncall screen just stays on until it times out, turns off and locks. It won't react to proximity at all. But if it's a ROM issue, then fine. I'll wait for a solution. Thanks.

Good news is that N85 doesn't have the after call battery drain -issue. I went to sleep with 80% and woke up at 70% 7 hours later with 3G data on. Nice!