[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest KACE_231
N84 today rebooted while trying to find position with GPS... I am really looking fwd for some solution, all other issues are much smaller ones!

Please tell me you tried using GPS more than once, and tried the stock google navigation app

Guest Len Ash
Please tell me you tried using GPS more than once, and tried the stock google navigation app

Random (truly random) reboots on N84.... painful and really really fkn inconvenient.

Sometimes hours. Sometimes days. But always.

Guest KACE_231
Random (truly random) reboots on N84.... painful and really really fkn inconvenient.

Only with GPS? how does battery temp look?

Guest Len Ash
Only with GPS? how does battery temp look?

No - with the phone doing f all usually. It just sits on the desk, in the car, in the pocket, during a call, and then reboots... usually hours apart. No pattern, no charging, no GPS....

Guest KACE_231
No - with the phone doing f all usually. It just sits on the desk, in the car, in the pocket, during a call, and then reboots... usually hours apart. No pattern, no charging, no GPS....

Then it could be due to overheating. One time I left my phone in my pocket and went outside on avery hot day, took out my phone and tried using it (the phone itself was quite hot) and suddenly it just rebooted. The randomness also suggests some installed app might be causing the reboot, I suggest using a vanilla Cm7 version and see what happens

Guest ColdEmbrace

blade: new MSM VoIP audio routing workaround, fixes audio drain (android_device_zte_blade)

Does that mean the libaudio fix? Nice to know things seem to be looking up

Guest cd492

I have the same Problem and I`m pretty sure it is caused by overheating. Since I installed the CyanogenMod my Blade is getting hot very often, but I had this problem never before...

Edited by cd492

Guest Len Ash
I have the same Problem and I`m pretty sure it is caused by overheating. Since I installed the CyanogenMod my Blade is getting hot very often, but I had this problem never before...

Not actually overheating in my case, but I suspect the battery temperature readings are still noisy or incorrectly sampled and thus acted on.

However, this would generally cause a shutdown rather than a reboot...

Guest Grain
Not actually overheating in my case, but I suspect the battery temperature readings are still noisy or incorrectly sampled and thus acted on.

Yes indeed, it would shutdown, not reboot.

People seeing random shutdowns, please install Battery Monitor Widget, and look at its battery temperature history after shutdowns. If the (reported) temperature goes into the 60°C range, it's quite likely it's the temperature shutdown issue again (Android shuts down if the reported temperature exceeds 68°C).

Guest Len Ash
blade: new MSM VoIP audio routing workaround, fixes audio drain

yay! :P

It's the same lib file that's been around for a week or so.

It isn't a full fix - hint: workaround

Guest drobson67
N84 today rebooted while trying to find position with GPS... I am really looking fwd for some solution, all other issues are much smaller ones!

Well that happened to me the first time I upgraded to N84 and tried to use the GPS with the stock CM7 navigation app, it only happened once and has never done it since, I dont overclock but the phone does gets hot especially connected to the usb car charger and sitting on the dashboard in full sun.

Edited by drobson67

Guest KACE_231

Then I believe this must be an app issue, becuase no one else experiences random reboots like you, try using a brand new CM7 vanilla and see if it happens

Guest targetbsp

Are you overclocking? Someone mentioned that overclocking is unstable. I've not had any problems in the latest nightly I used (which was around N80) or the N72 I've used ever since. But the only time my phone was randomly rebooting is when they broke overclocking in the late N30's

Guest targetbsp
so better stay on nightly 72 + fixes?

The only difference now should be that you can make the in call proximity work in N72 fixed and I don;t believe you can in the current nightlies. Though whether that matters to you is another matter. Some people don't even notice they have the issue. :P

Guest Nathorr

Would someone please try if the Endomondo worked. My Blade says "Missing shared library." I'd just to like know if it was because of I have't wipe since installing the version 7.0.0.

Guest sej7278
blade: new MSM VoIP audio routing workaround, fixes audio drain (android_device_zte_blade)

Does that mean the libaudio fix? Nice to know things seem to be looking up

yes it sure does! i just compiled the latest commits (n85+) and the libaudio.so patch #65 is included, so will be in n86. i've not tried SIP/headphones but the dialler battery drain is gone.

i don't like the new statusbar brightness control much - it only works with auto-brightness off and its very hard to actually slide your finger without popping up the notification bar or switching homescreen lol!

proximity isn't fixed - small head movements cause the screen to go on and not off again, with auto-brightness enabled.

no gps/usb reboots or wifi cutouts for me, but i've never seen them anyway.

edit: i am getting notification led staying on now and when you get the "usb connected" popup it seems to "stick" the phone - no buttons etc. work for a few seconds. actually it seems to be fixed after a reboot, might have been due to the new statusbar slider brightness crap which i've now disabled as it also seemed to effect the rendering speed of the notification rollup.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp
proximity isn't fixed - small head movements cause the screen to go on and not off again, with auto-brightness enabled.

I wonder if they even know about it yet. We're not allowed to report nightly issues and need to wait for the next stable release. :P It's odd that N72Fixed has a workaround for it though but the official nightlies don't. I would have thought they should behave the same

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278
I wonder if they even know about it yet. We're not allowed to report nightly issues and need to wait for the next stable release. :P It's odd that N72Fixed has a workaround for it though but the official nightlies don't. I would have thought they should behave the same

n72fixed just rolls back to the old froyo-style sensors lib, its the new gingerbread sensors lib that's causing the problem.

i was naughty and just tacked a comment onto the end of issue 3264

Edited by sej7278

Guest Len Ash
Then I believe this must be an app issue, becuase no one else experiences random reboots like you, try using a brand new CM7 vanilla and see if it happens

Ha Ha

I think not

Guest fripp ad
Well that happened to me the first time I upgraded to N84 and tried to use the GPS with the stock CM7 navigation app, it only happened once and has never done it since, I dont overclock but the phone does gets hot especially connected to the usb car charger and sitting on the dashboard in full sun.

Same here. (I overclock to 748).

Guest mELIANTE

Yes "they" do, and a fix is coming :rolleyes:

Guest targetbsp
n72fixed just rolls back to the old froyo-style sensors lib, its the new gingerbread sensors lib that's causing the problem.

But it says quite clearly that the accelerometer is fixed... And whilst I don't play such games no-one has ever said it isn't... :rolleyes:

And looking at the response to your tacked on comment on the bug tracker... I'm not the only person to be under this belief.

In fact, looking back at the posts for N72 fixed roms, you made one of the 2 fixed versions and said you was using the new libs? :P

Edited by targetbsp