[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Nudnik_de
Because froyo (and cm7) lies & actually turns the wifi off even when it's been told not to.

You should be able to set the wifi sleep policy to turn it off when screen is off.

Both Froyo and CM7 turn off Wifi even when Wifi policy is set to "never". The difference is that CM7 doesn't seem to deactivate Wifi when it is supposed to after screen turning off. It seems it's still running in background and draining battery. JJ9 and SS5 do it correct.

Edited by Nudnik_de

Guest ty_hot

I dont get it, how the N106 version doesnt have any Blade fix? Why the hell does it exist then?

Or does it correct bugs that happen in every CM7 phone?

I dont get it, how the N106 version doesnt have any Blade fix? Why the hell does it exist then?

Or does it correct bugs that happen in every CM7 phone?

There are some changes for all devices including the blade

E.g. 'fix for missing widgets in UI after a crash'

Or 're-enable compression feature'

Guest lordofangels
There are some changes for all devices including the blade

E.g. 'fix for missing widgets in UI after a crash'

Or 're-enable compression feature'

Agreed,

But as I stated, Build106 contains no specific Blade fixes,

such as 105's inclusion of the FM Radio.

Guest targetbsp
Both Froyo and CM7 turn off Wifi even when Wifi policy is set to "never". The difference is that CM7 doesn't seem to deactivate Wifi when it is supposed to after screen turning off. It seems it's still running in background and draining battery. JJ9 and SS5 do it correct.

Yeah, I use tasker to turn wifi on and off with the screen. I get 2 benefits from this. 100% reliable reconnects (no exaggeration) and an awesome standby battery life of several days. :)

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Hi guys. ¿Can I update from N100 to N106 without wipe data/etc?

Just wipe cache and Dalvik cache (in advanced menu) and you're good to go. :)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Has anyone contacted someone involved with this rom (like tom_g) about merging needed files from the recent leaked gingerbread rom to this rom as everything AFAIK works great there or is everyone waiting until the .35 source code has been released

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest targetbsp
Has anyone contacted someone involved with this rom (like tom_g) about merging needed files from the recent leaked gingerbread rom to this rom as everything AFAIK works great there or is everyone waiting until the .35 source code has been released

Jacob has actually posted in said thread so I assume they know. :) Last I heard they were playing with the EGL libraries for better 2D scrolling but weren't considering much else due to lack of source.

Upgraded from N74 to N106 today (wiped cahce and "Dalvik cache")

On N74 I had the "Ad free" app and it blocked all ads on the phone.

Now on N106 "Ad free" doesn't work anymore (even though it is granted with SU rights).

I also looked around and checked the contents of the /system/etc/hosts file and it seems to be empty??

I tried to uninstall/install Ad free again, didn't help.

Maybe the Super User not working well on N106?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

(also FM app is working but not perfect, it seems to "lock" the touch screen after a few touches and only turning off the screen and turning it back on with the power button "revives" the touch screen)

Guest Android.Fan

A noticeable difference is correct wifi sleep policy. I've checked it on leaked ROM that WiFi remains ON and connected when set to Never no matter screen is On or Off. This is a MUST. Is it possible to get wifi related files from leaked ROM and use them with CM7? I tried copying wifi folder but wifi couldn't turn On. It showed an error.

There is someone in this forum who builds CM7 ROMs with name KANG in ROM file name. I request him to please make a build with leaked WiFi drivers and EGL libraries.

Thx in advance.

Guest k0zmic
There is someone in this forum who builds CM7 ROMs with name KANG in ROM file name. I request him to please make a build with leaked WiFi drivers and EGL libraries.

Thx in advance.

KANG isn't someone's name.

Guest Aquarius777
... I had the "Ad free" app and it blocked all ads on the phone ...

Aren't those Ads there for purpose ? Like for ex. to make some money for the developers ?

Guest Android.Fan
KANG isn't someone's name.

I think I said someone who builds CM7 ROMs with "KANG in ROM file name (zip)". Sorry If I couldn't put it properly. English is not my first language.

Guest k0zmic
Aren't those Ads there for purpose ? Like for ex. to make some money for the developers ?

Exactly.

I think I said someone who builds CM7 ROMs with "KANG in ROM file name (zip)". Sorry If I couldn't put it properly. English is not my first language.

No problem, I understand what you mean now.

Guest howzcat
A noticeable difference is correct wifi sleep policy. I've checked it on leaked ROM that WiFi remains ON and connected when set to Never no matter screen is On or Off. This is a MUST. Is it possible to get wifi related files from leaked ROM and use them with CM7? I tried copying wifi folder but wifi couldn't turn On. It showed an error.

Thx in advance.

+1

Guest targetbsp
On N74 I had the "Ad free" app and it blocked all ads on the phone.

Now on N106 "Ad free" doesn't work anymore (even though it is granted with SU rights).

I also looked around and checked the contents of the /system/etc/hosts file and it seems to be empty??

I tried to uninstall/install Ad free again, didn't help.

Maybe the Super User not working well on N106?

Not much help to you but it's working fine for me on N106.

Guest ThrashMan
how come my gps reboot on n105 but it never used to reboot? :/

Because it was about time you experienced the GPS reboot?

Besides which, 105 is old hat....106 is out :)

Guest LorianNod

For me N106 often gets stuck in landscape mode. never had this problem before. anyone any ideas?

It only seems to clear when I reboot.

Edited by LorianNod

Guest KACE_231

How can the ROM go backwards in terms of bugs/problems, I stuck on n98 cause after reading through the last posts there are new annoying bugs creeping up!