[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
Why don't they make another version of CM7 without FM Radio if that is causing battery drain or can it be fixed?

Historically, when they've added new functionality or fixed a bug, the developers seem to favour fixing newly introduced issues caused by the changes at a later date rather than reverting the new functionality. Whilst annoying for obsessive nightly updaters, it goes with the territory of using software as it's still being written and is probably a good idea to keep things moving forward.

Guest sej7278
Still more compiling errors. I cant diagnose them, others can :)

apt-file search /libz.a

lib32z1-dev: /usr/lib32/libz.a

zlib1g-dev: /usr/lib/libz.a

i've got both installed, so probably needed them for this.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

In the past nightlys, deskclock has an interesting option wich show the clock in blue color bouncing on the screen when I let it on the screen.

Since recent nightlys (don't know exactly which one) it's doesn't work anymore. It's normal ? Happening to everyone else ?

Thanks.

Guest solidslash

Guys, let's assume I don't care for FM radio - which version of CM would be the best for me? Could it be 104?

@CaptainSpectacular thanks!

Edited by solidslash

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Guys, let's assume I don't care for FM radio - which version of CM would be the best for me? Could it be 104?

IMO the n102 is almost perfect. No battery drain (in fact little big drain due to temp I think, in use only), all prox sensors working, etc... By the way I use the old wifi driver.

I've tested all the news leaked roms (almost good, only some things bad like ZTE dialer..), the n108 and always go back to my n102 backup.

So, try and juge yourself with your own taste. :)

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

Ι put the 109 version and had two gps reboots one after the other! The battery drain is still big. Other than that is super fast not even compared to SS5.

Although I loved the tweaks on the alarm clock in SS5. Is there a way to incorporate that alarm clock in the system partition instead of the existing one?

Edited by FaTaL_ErrOr

Guest targetbsp

@CaptainSpectacular thanks!

Yes N104 is the last one with excellent battery life. The battery life difference between it and the next one is obvious after going back to it.

Guest rockstarszzzz
Yes N104 is the last one with excellent battery life. The battery life difference between it and the next one is obvious after going back to it.

On stand-by with N108 for 5 hours 20 minutes - my battery is still 100% - is that bad?

EDIT: Just realised I had put 3 hours - correction it's 5. My current uptime is 5 hours 58 minutes and still 100%. I think something is wrong with my battery indicator. I have received 4 texts, no calls and my wifi is on since the flash!!

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest rockstarszzzz
Very good IMO.

Sorry just edited the post, realised my mistake and I think something might have caused the battery indicator to malfunction? Never heard of anything, but does this happen in CM7?

I think what's happening is my wifi disconnects auto after some time of sleep. May be that's preventing from battery drain?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest k0zmic
Sorry just edited the post, realised my mistake and I think something might have caused the battery indicator to malfunction? Never heard of anything, but does this happen in CM7?

I think what's happening is my wifi disconnects auto after some time of sleep. May be that's preventing from battery drain?

NP. Well, it usually takes a couple of days for the battery stats to become more accurate/reliable. It happens on every ROM.

That may well be the case.

I'm guessing if you do something like web browsing for 5 - 10 minutes it may drop a few percent fairly quickly.

Guest Grain
On stand-by with N108 for 5 hours 20 minutes - my battery is still 100% - is that bad?

Battery indicator is crap, especially above 90%. See the FAQs (linked to below).

Guest shad0wboss

For audio problem it says "patch supplied" what does that mean? is there a 3rd party patch or soemthing? if so please let me know

USB Tethering in next nightly :)

In Post #5249 (page 263) burstlam uploaded a test build with softkeys feature.

I cant see this on any of the latest nightlies,does anyone know if this feature is going to be added to cm7 ?

Edited by Guest

Guest fonix232

I cant see this on any of the latest nightlies,does anyone know if this feature is going to be added to cm7 ?

It's called tablet features, and it's not enabled by default on the Blade. We need to modify the device tree a bit (add an XML overlay what enables it), and we can get it, but I'm not sure if the CM team will add it, as our device is definitely NOT a tablet.

Guest iKrautDroid

really?

It's called tablet features, and it's not enabled by default on the Blade. We need to modify the device tree a bit (add an XML overlay what enables it), and we can get it, but I'm not sure if the CM team will add it, as our device is definitely NOT a tablet.

That would be a shame seeing as it works well on the blade

Maybe a flashable zip could be made to add it

Edited by Guest