[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest INFERNO66

I think many people would like to see in the functions CM7 contacts.apk:

functionality as in ZTE contacts - the ability to remove some or all of the contacts, to see the contacts of the SIM card, add the birthdays to contact without a Google account. To calendar also able to work locally without having an account as in ZTE calendar "my calendar"

Guest andyr99
There is no softkeys for blade,only tablets.I use softkeys on all nightlies,but only by enabling it by overwritting frameworkres.apk.

Why cyanogen don't add this feature to blade builds I have no idea.

Anyone else know?

Personally, I have been using this app for a while and find it more user-friendly than the status bar soft keys.

Button savior

The buttons are larger, you can place them where you want are they are collapsible.

Guest sej7278
I just had my first ever GPS reboot! Whilst testing the new version of maps. I wonder why I've never had one before.

i get one reboot every time i install a new version of maps, i think its part of the installation, never happens with a "proper" gps app.

what new version btw - i got 5.6.0 a week or so back, but nothing today.

Edited by sej7278

Personally, I have been using this app for a while and find it more user-friendly than the status bar soft keys.

Button savior

The buttons are larger, you can place them where you want are they are collapsible.

zSmooth is also a good alternative

Guest k0zmic
i get one reboot every time i install a new version of maps, i think its part of the installation, never happens with a "proper" gps app.

I get one on every fresh ROM install, it happens in the browser when it tries to geolocate or in Maps.

Guest appolus

FC on wifi in the latest nightly anyone expericene that?

i also cant find my wifi station :S

Edited by appolus

Guest Hans Gruber

I still get GPS reboots when using Endomondo. Sometimes there's no reboots and sometimes it can last over an hour with no reboot. It's definitely still an issue but maybe as they're so rare it's a bit harder to track down what the issue is.

It can be annoying tracking your route, then look at your phone to see it rebooted half an hour ago and hasn't been tracking you. I'm giving stock 2.3.4 a try until CM can be fixed. Other than that it's a great rom.

Guest targetbsp

I got 5.6.2 this morning. I've loaded up every prior upgrade without issue. I make a point of loading every app before backing it up in titanium after getting an app update that broke it and I'd already over-written by backup. :)

I don't especially have a problem with the reboot today as yeah I gather it's normal for a first use. I'm more curious as to why I haven't seen it before than as to why I've seen it now. :rolleyes:

Guest saturnreturn

So, over in the Ginger Stir Fry thread people are reporting lots of good improvements about stability, battery etc over CM7. It seems that it's based on a new kernel from ZTE (ZTE's 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroit-SMT). Is this likely to make its way into CM7 for the blade? Has anyone already tried it?

Edited by saturnreturn

Guest k0zmic
So, over in the Ginger Stir Fry thread people are reporting lots of good improvements about stability, battery etc over CM7. It seems that it's based on a new kernel from ZTE (ZTE's 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroit-SMT). Is this likely to make its way into CM7 for the blade? Has anyone already tried it?

When ZTE releases the source code then it will make it's way onto CM7.

Guest KACE_231
When ZTE releases the source code then it will make it's way onto CM7.

Isnt it possible to copy the kernel over from the leak to CM7, rather than compiling it from source. Even if CM7 decide that source is a must, is there any unofficial way of doing this?

Guest hugobosslives
Isnt it possible to copy the kernel over from the leak to CM7, rather than compiling it from source. Even if CM7 decide that source is a must, is there any unofficial way of doing this?

in short no.

as bustlam and t0m13b keep on telling people who ask this. cm7 is on a different VM_SPLIT to the new leaked rom (3 instead of 2). therefore you can't just copy it across as the memory map is different.

bustlam tried a crude port of the .35 kernel and it does kinda work (well, most functions do) try it if you like but the jacob and tomg aint guna condider moving across until the source is released as its too much work for not enough reward.

Guest timfimjim

Couldn't download n104, how else can I get the n104 libaudio?

And which nightly should I use?

Cheers

(p.s. what's leatest?)

Guest Richard_Arkless
Couldn't download n104, how else can I get the n104 libaudio?

And which nightly should I use?

Cheers

(p.s. what's leatest?)

Did you even bother looking at the previous page

www.windows98.co.uk/downloads

Download libaudio.so

Push it to /system/lib

Then it should stop the drain.

There is also this but I havent tested it myself

I probably did not use the best/correct way, but I had managed to work out a libaudio.so to fix the batter drain issue.

No battery drain, and FM is still working. There is a problem though. FM is muted after a phone call, and you have to switch to another station to unmute FM.

Testing welcomed :)

EDIT: targetbsp was a little bit faster

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Migun
cm7 is on a different VM_SPLIT to the new leaked rom (3 instead of 2). therefore you can't just copy it across as the memory map is different.

Not even the new WIFI/BT drivers ?

Guest hugobosslives
Not even the new WIFI/BT drivers ?

okay good point I'll give you that one.

you would be able to push the wifi drivers across.

Guest sm4tik
okay good point I'll give you that one.

you would be able to push the wifi drivers across.

Just check whether they're actually different files. I'm pretty sure I already did that to the WIFI dirver just to find out it was the same set of files CM7 is using. Not sure about the BT..

Guest Simono

Now I run GPS Status, it take fix and I quit from it and I see on statusbar that GPS is all time on strange :) I have switche it off and on in settings and now is OK.

Edited by Simono