[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest spaceguy

hay guys, i want to share something with you. i flashed nightly 120 today and started to have problems while i am in a call. i can hear the person i talk to but they can't hear my, i have not had that problem with me previous nightly 95. what should i do?

Guest ThrashMan
hay guys, i want to share something with you. i flashed nightly 120 today and started to have problems while i am in a call. i can hear the person i talk to but they can't hear my, i have not had that problem with me previous nightly 95. what should i do?

N120 works fine for me. Did you perform a full wipe and install apps properly rather than trying to restore a backup?

Guest spaceguy
N120 works fine for me. Did you perform a full wipe and install apps properly rather than trying to restore a backup?

i did a full wipe, but i did restore a backup by using titanium backup. i will try to do a clean install as you said. thanks friend

Guest admanirv

Guys,

I have previously owned a blade, and havent owned one for a long time my previous phone broke so back to a blade for me.

Can anyone tell me with the new nightly do i need this lib.so file, which IIRC fixes an audio drain?

Sorry still reading up lots of catching up to do.

cheerfs

Guest tsddave

I use CM7 as my "everyday" rom without issue. I use the phone alot and get 2 days worth of charge which I think for a smartphone with high useage is respectable.

I try other roms from time to time but quickly get back to cm7 always.

The downsides are very minor but the upsides are major imo.

These have been discussed by previous posters so I wont go into them.

CM7 is without any reservation the best rom you can put on your blade/san fran.

Anyone who claims it is not a viable everyday rom has clearly never used it for long and probably just had a bad experience due to an incorrect installation or a bad nightly.

Guest sm4tik
I haven't tried Nova 2 so I can't comment on that. But games like Contract Killer, Asphalt 5 and Sandstorm work great on Stir Fry. The original Angry Birds had some weird issues with stars and textures missing on CM7 too.

If/when you switch back to CM, remember to disable surface dithering in CM settings and see if it solves your missing textures. I don't play much myself, but I remember this fixing it for some..

Edited by sm4tik

Guest k0zmic

Thanks sm4tik, I thought the missing stars were due to stagefright because when I messed with Blade Buddy settings they'd appear for a while before disappearing again. I'll give it a go when I next try it.

Guest sm4tik
Thanks sm4tik, I thought the missing stars were due to stagefright because when I messed with Blade Buddy settings they'd appear for a while before disappearing again. I'll give it a go when I next try it.

No problem. Maybe someone who plays much can confirm this and add it to the wiki if it's still a solution to the missing textures?

Guest maleficum

Hi!

I'm on nightly 120, I did a full wipe before installing the rom. I still get the gps reboots, these days I'm using the gps function quite a lot and it's really annoying waiting the phone to reboot in the middle of the street. I saw that there's a fix for it, does it work? I couldn't find the link to the fix, I'd be very happy if someone could post the link.

thanks in advance

Guest sm4tik
Hi!

I'm on nightly 120, I did a full wipe before installing the rom. I still get the gps reboots, these days I'm using the gps function quite a lot and it's really annoying waiting the phone to reboot in the middle of the street. I saw that there's a fix for it, does it work? I couldn't find the link to the fix, I'd be very happy if someone could post the link.

thanks in advance

See the Gingerbread GPS fix (using ZTE libs updated) thread.

Guest hugobosslives
No problem. Maybe someone who plays much can confirm this and add it to the wiki if it's still a solution to the missing textures?

"some one who plays much" I think I used to fit this description :) haha

yer have always found surface dithering a problem with gameloft games. I nearly always have it off.

tho it should defo remain in for non-gamers.

Guest sej7278
Anybody in it to compile with these changes included?

kernel and libaudio

libcamera

Just thought it'd be good for testing before they get merged, yes?

n121 with these changes and the rest of the changelog (screenshot stuff etc):

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110704-n121plus.zip removed: didn't apply patches properly!

download managers will be blocked i'm afraid.

Edited by sej7278

Guest buneech
Well, I strongly disagree. At least the CyanogenMod 7.1.0-RC1 with afore mentioned patches is a rock solid ROM. Even the annoying fm radio works for those who are stuck in the eighties. :)

Well i had some GPS reboots and the battery drain is larger than on other ROMs, especially when using 3G data. That, for me at least, doesn't qualify as a rock solid ROM.

EDIT: Oh, and don't take me the wrong way, i use CM7 with libaudio and libcamera patches and i love it, but would still like if the quirks could be resolved.

Edited by buneech

Guest will8578

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110704-n121plus.zip md5sum: b496dd97d490b4256d57b6163daf014e

download managers will be blocked i'm afraid.

Hello, sorry to be a pain, do you mean you have updated to include those fixes ie new kernel and audio, camera fix, im already on the latest nightly but want to tyr this, can i just flash it over the rom, and do i just wipe dalvic cache and then flash or just flash straight over, thank you...

Great work. Thanks for your effort.

Erm, small question. How or with what can I make a screenshot? There is no app in my app drawer for that, besides shoot me...

Guest sej7278
Hello, sorry to be a pain, do you mean you have updated to include those fixes ie new kernel and audio, camera fix, im already on the latest nightly but want to tyr this, can i just flash it over the rom, and do i just wipe dalvic cache and then flash or just flash straight over, thank you...

this is a complete rom with the fixes compiled in, you flash it as you would any regular nightly - and wipe dalvik cache. its not just a patch.

Guest sej7278
Great work. Thanks for your effort.

Erm, small question. How or with what can I make a screenshot? There is no app in my app drawer for that, besides shoot me...

no idea mate - i can't find any reference to screenshots when you run the rom, the CMScreenshot.apk is there, i just can't find it in the app drawer or settings etc!

Guest ThrashMan
no idea mate - i can't find any reference to screenshots when you run the rom, the CMScreenshot.apk is there, i just can't find it in the app drawer or settings etc!

Try looking at the long press power button menu :)

Guest Anil k Solanki
You just wipe the EXT partition and then restore the apps on your new ROM via Titanium Backup (only user apps of course).

You don't need to touch the FAT32 partition.

Hi k0zmic, I have updated to Gen 2 and Gingerbread Stir Fry. Just thought I would let you know that I didn't touch anything on my SD card, I left the EXT partition as it was and all seems well so far, time will tell if I have any issues.

Thanks for your help. Anil.

Try looking at the long press power button menu :)

Very nice find, mate. They work like a charm. The screenshots are stored in sdcard/dcim/screenshots.

Guest k0zmic
Hi k0zmic, I have updated to Gen 2 and Gingerbread Stir Fry. Just thought I would let you know that I didn't touch anything on my SD card, I left the EXT partition as it was and all seems well so far, time will tell if I have any issues.

Thanks for your help. Anil.

No problem.