[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

i noticed a strange behavior with the proximity sensor,in the new rom from sej7278.the screen seems to wakes up from the power button and not from the proximity...

Yepp, can confirm this.

Guest marcodassi
No settings. Screenshots are stored in sdcard/dcim/Screenshots.

Hello,

where's the setting for power button -> take screenshot, please?

thanks! :)

Guest sej7278
i noticed a strange behavior with the proximity sensor,in the new rom from sej7278.the screen seems to wakes up from the power button and not from the proximity...

yes i'm not so happy with it either - as well as proximity not working at all, i've had a usb charger reboot and wifi wouldn't reconnect after a long sleep, and a forced close with launcher pro+

i hope the new kernel isn't going to put us back to square one with bugs - that's all i can think it would be.

have you seen this with n122 as that should be the same as my n121 except the new kernel/libaudio/libcamera/softkeys

yes i'm not so happy with it either - as well as proximity not working at all, i've had a usb charger reboot and wifi wouldn't reconnect after a long sleep, and a forced close with launcher pro+

i hope the new kernel isn't going to put us back to square one with bugs - that's all i can think it would be.

have you seen this with n122 as that should be the same as my n121 except the new kernel/libaudio/libcamera/softkeys

I just installed N122 and swapped the new libaudio.so/libcamera.so. I tested the proximity sensor, it worked fine. I haven't had any of the other issues, in particular wifi reconnected fine with your KANG build. So, I guess the new kernel went crazy.

Guest sej7278
I just installed N122 and swapped the new libaudio.so/libcamera.so. I tested the proximity sensor, it worked fine. I haven't had any of the other issues, in particular wifi reconnected fine with your KANG build. So, I guess the new kernel went crazy.

ok - not sure the new libaudio.so will work 100% without the new kernel but well done for narrowing it down. your combo is probably the best to use for now rather than my 121 kang if you want a stable phone!

looking at github tom_g's been going mad with the new kernel.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
ok - not sure the new libaudio.so will work 100% without the new kernel but well done for narrowing it down. your combo is probably the best to use for now rather than my 121 kang if you want a stable phone!

Your 121 plus kang wasn't stable at all ? I just want to give CM7 a second try. :)

Since I don't care at all about fm radio, I thought it wouldn't hurt either. At least, it is easily reversible. The screenshot feature was too intriguing for me to let this nightly go.

I might add, I always use the new gps fix by unrandomsam. With that, I get a SAT FIX in about 10 to 12 seconds, with disabled WiFi and mobile data.

Since RC1 this ROM (including aforementioned patches) is way more than satisfactory for me. I get at least two working days squeezed out of the battery and all in all this ROM is beyond rock stable. CyanogenMod can score a lot of points with all the bells and whistles what makes CyanogenMod so incomparable. At least for me.

So all in all I truly can't complain about what CyanogenMod has become in the last months and I will always be grateful for this great community.

Edited by bhf

Guest sej7278
Your 121 plus kang wasn't stable at all ? I just want to give CM7 a second try. :)

well it seems stable enough - except proximity definitely doesn't wake the screen during a call.

but the kernel is in flux, so there could be issues we haven't even found yet - tom_g just confirmed he's done something to proximity so is looking into that.

n122 with the libaudio.so from n104 is probably the most stable solution right now.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
well it seems stable enough - except proximity definitely doesn't wake the screen during a call.

but the kernel is in flux, so there could be issues we haven't even found yet - tom_g just confirmed he's done something to proximity so is looking into that.

n122 with the libaudio.so from n104 is probably the most stable solution right now.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Appreciate all your work and contributions here. :)

May I recommend this libaudio.so, it doesn't break the fm radio but stopps battery drain and this libcamera.so which will be the official patched one by Tom_G. Both patches were submitted in the official issue tracker.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
May I recommend this libaudio.so, it doesn't break the fm radio but stopps battery drain and this libcamera.so which will be the official patched one by Tom_G. Both patches were submitted in the official issue tracker.

Can I take the libaudio you provide and libcamera from sej7278 build and put them in n122 ? Thanks.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Can I take the libaudio you provide and libcamera from sej7278 build and put them in n122 ? Thanks.

Quick editing, mate. :)

Yes, you can do that.

Edited by bhf

Guest CaptainSpectacular
libcamera yes. Libaudio could be a problem due to the kernel patch which is missing in n122. Better you stick with the one I linked. You can copy them both into the zip before flashing. Just open n22 with ie. winrar. I do this all the time and it works well, obviously.

Yep I do that too with the old wifi driver, cause I prefer that one. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help anyway. :)

Guest hecatae

just got lockscreen corruption, portrait lockscreen over half of landscape on left handside, still worked to unlock but weird

Guest targetbsp
i heard the latest libaudio is draining the battery. Whats the reason? Will it get fixed soon?

It was since the changes to add FM radio in N115. It already has been fixed - it's just not released yet.

Guest Migun

I received a call with your patched rom, and when I went to hang up the call the screen turned on.

It wasn't supposed to do that?

Guest mullen666

couldn't download libcamera

does 122 have softkeys like sej's kang

or do I have to replace framework.res?

cheers

Guest sej7278

i've got fed up of that new kernel - i'm getting usb charger reboots all the time and proximity doesn't work, its like being back on n55

so i've made a n122 with the normal kernel but with the new libaudio.so and libcamera.so (and softkeys!) to replace my n121

note that without the new kernel the radio possibly won't work properly, but battery life will be saved.

i'm not getting usb reboots on the regular n122 or my 122+ so it was the new kernel (told tom_g).

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110705-n122plus.zip md5sum: c5e0cc227d322cd0a3f31c1b09979924

i tried to make a recovery zip so you could apply the .so/.res files to a regular n122 and save you re-downloading, but i can't get my edify script to work for some reason - probably as there's fsck all documentation about signing or packaging or even edify syntax!

right that's me done for the day, no more cyanogenmod tonight - i'm sure all these builds have confused people enough for one day :)

Edited by sej7278

Guest sm4tik
i've got fed up of that new kernel - i'm getting usb charger reboots all the time and proximity doesn't work, its like being back on n55

so i've made a n122 with the normal kernel but with the new libaudio.so and libcamera.so (and softkeys!) to replace my n121

note that without the new kernel the radio possibly won't work properly, but battery life will be saved.

i'm not getting usb reboots on the regular n122 or my 122+ so it was the new kernel (told tom_g).

update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-signed-20110705-n122plus.zip md5sum: c5e0cc227d322cd0a3f31c1b09979924

i tried to make a recovery zip so you could apply the .so/.res files to a regular n122 and save you re-downloading, but i can't get my edify script to work for some reason - probably as there's fsck all documentation about signing or packaging or even edify syntax!

right that's me done for the day, no more cyanogenmod tonight - i'm sure all these builds have confused people enough for one day :)

Sorry for putting you through all that.. but still I have to say, well done! :rolleyes:

Guest dadashi
when will we see a stable release of cm7? without battery draining, wifi and gps problems?

+ VGA recording...?

I'm still using Fixed N72 without any of the battery draining, wifi and gps issues...

Edited by dadashi