[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ThrashMan
i got problems with my googlemail account.....

all roms i used before had a wizard on first star asking for google account

but now i had to manually add my google account and after putting in account name [email protected] and password it asks me for "serversettings" "Domaine Username" (default set to \XYZ server:googlemail.com) if i klick continue it fails connecting to server

(network is available)

help

You're adding a Corporate account....you needs to add Gapps and then there will be the option for a Google account.

READ POST #1 ffs! :blink:

Guest supermies123

what's the situation on CM7, is it working as fast as Ginger Stir Fry now with the new Kernel?

btw, has anyone tried to download torrents over 3G? i tried it with TTorrent app.

First download speed rises pretty high but then it drops to almost zero. Then rising and dropping again...... What's the problem with that?

Edited by supermies123

Guest hedgepigdaniel
what's the situation on CM7, is it working as fast as Ginger Stir Fry now with the new Kernel?

btw, has anyone tried to download torrents over 3G? i tried it with TTorrent app.

First download speed rises pretty high but then it drops to almost zero. Then rising and dropping again...... What's the problem with that?

I haven't tried it, but such problems with torrents are usually caused by routers/software getting bogged won with all the connections that bittorrent clients make. If you can find settings for maximum simultaneous connections and the like then reduce them. Sometimes setting an upload limit below the speed of your connection can help to stop the upstream line from saturating and preventing other (more important) traffic from getting through.

Guest fradleyp

Not updated since nightly 99. Going to install nightly 126, do I still need to apply the nightly fix?

or indeed anything else?

Guest mELIANTE
Not updated since nightly 99. Going to install nightly 126, do I still need to apply the nightly fix?

or indeed anything else?

Install N127 instead. Reportedly it is faster and I noticed it is, but might be placebo.

Guest fradleyp
Install N127 instead. Reportedly it is faster and I noticed it is, but might be placebo.

sorry I did mean N127

no need for fixes?

Edited by fradleyp

Guest super san francisco
Just flashed to N127 and phone still reboots after plugging charger.

if anyone could figure out, what the hell happens there...

Guest mitchde

Has anyone Copilot (navigation app) in use with N127 ?

For me it cancels (after spash screen of the app) without any error message.

I wipe cache,dalvik cache and,format system before installing N127.

I dont think its an GPS problem, other GPS apps work.

SOLVED: deleted user.cfg of the app, so it did new setup. Now working.

Edited by mitchde

Why so many bladers are having problems with the nightlies I dont understand.

How are you guys installing the roms ?

Every nightly I install,

I wipe cache,dalvik cache and,

format system.

No problems at all !

Edited by Guest

Guest super san francisco
Why so many bladers are having problems with the nightlies I dont understand.

How are you guys installing the roms ?

Every nightly I install,I wipe cache,dalvik cache and,format system.

No problems at all

i did just that before flashing n127 about 1h ago. cache wiped, dalvi wiped, formated system and boot.

still, i started the phone up, everything went fine, everything was there, plugged usb on pc, still fine, then left it to charge on the charger,

in the very same moment, i plugged it --> green man and cm bootscreen....

this started, when i flashed n125, before, on n124+kang everything was fine so far, but i really wanted those fixes coming with n127...

Guest fradleyp
Has anyone Copilot (navigation app) in use with N127 ?

For me it cancels (after spash screen of the app) without any error message.

Wiping Darvik Cache dint help.

I dont think its an GPS problem, other GPS apps work.

works fine for me

wiped cache, dalvik cache and batt stats. No format

Guest fradleyp
works fine for me

wiped cache, dalvik cache and batt stats. No format

Oh and I alway remover battery, replace then hold volume down

Guest mitchde

I get lots of errors in log about an missing /usr/keylayout/blade_keypad.kl

uses some default one messages too.

I can see that the burstlam/wbaw ZTE builds have that file.

Edited by mitchde

Guest dadashi

I updated from fixedN72 to RC7.1.0 without a wipe with no problems everything working fine...

I was hoping camera and lgcamera would now support VGA or above but no change from N72....I'm sure some other things have been bettered since N72 so my thanks to the devs...

Guest Anil k Solanki
i did just that before flashing n127 about 1h ago. cache wiped, dalvi wiped, formated system and boot.

still, i started the phone up, everything went fine, everything was there, plugged usb on pc, still fine, then left it to charge on the charger,

this started, when i flashed n125, before, on n124+kang everything was fine so far, but i really wanted those fixes coming with n127...

Hi sorry to hear about your issue. Do you have a spare Micro SD card? If so put Nightly #126 on the SD card, then boot into recovery and do a factory reset and data wipe. Then clear the Dalvik cache and the regular cache for good measure. Now flash #126, reboot and see if you still have the issue with charging.

I haven't used the latest Nightly #127, so I can't comment on that. But #126 works fine for me. I did wipe everything and started again, including the SD card. I first backed up the SD card to my PC, then wiped the card in recovery, and then copied back ONLY my media files, pictures music movie's etc.

I don't trust restoring apps from a backup, I prefer to let Google redownload the apps automatically, which it will do if you leave the phone alone, after flashing and signing into your Google account. It can take up to 30 kins for it to start redownloading your apps but it will redownload ALL your apps from the Marketplace, the free as well as the paid apps.

Your mileage may vary, but this has worked for me in the past. Unfortunately updating the ANDROID OS isn't as simple as say iOS (No flaming please), but we get freedom and choice. My method means you have to start again for certain bits, but it works. Sorry there are no free lunches.

I hope this helps you.

Anil.

Guest maTTewCZ

But there is nightly build almost every night :blink: It is very annoying wipe everything co many times and re-download so many apps and set them.

Guest rockstarszzzz
But there is nightly build almost every night :huh: It is very annoying wipe everything co many times and re-download so many apps and set them.

I think with Nightlies, you should update daily if you see major changes - wiping dalvik and cache is good enough (from my experience).

However, if you go for nightlies with major changes like N127 - sometimes wiping everything is the best.

As wbaw as said numerous times - 'No wipes, No whines'.

You only know what really is wrong, if you do fresh install.

But like me, be lazy, install with dalvik wipe only. If you see lots of bugs, then don't post them yet. Just go ahead with a full on wipe and factory reset, re-install and 90% of your bugs will just vanish! :blink:

Guest mullen666

It all works sweet for me

Although I was interested to hear you get the green man

Shouldn't it be CM7 bootscreen and animation?

Doesn't sound right

Guest rockstarszzzz
It all works sweet for me

Although I was interested to hear you get the green man

Shouldn't it be CM7 bootscreen and animation?

Doesn't sound right

You always get green man when you start up the screen, this is followed by skating blue CM7 animation..

Guest targetbsp
But there is nightly build almost every night :huh: It is very annoying wipe everything co many times and re-download so many apps and set them.

I've been with CM7 since the first nightly and the only time I've ever wiped is when I changed to gen2. I think you can take the approach of not wiping unless you encounter an unknown bug - at which point wipe to make sure that's not what is causing it. And if you take a nandroid backup before wiping you can restore it again afterwards if you've verified the bug occurs in a clean rom. I've done that a few times. :blink:

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Maybe stupid or always asked small question.

Any need to update from n125+ from Sej to n127 ?

Thanks. :blink:

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest rockstarszzzz
Maybe stupid or always asked small question.

Any need to update from n125+ from Sej to n127 ?

Thanks. :blink:

N127 seems faster due to new kernel.