[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

Hi sej7278, how much is the battery supposed to drop whilst using Wi-Fi for 30 mins? I thought the weaker your Wi-Fi signal from your base station the more power the Wi-Fi radio in the Blade would use?

well i can't reproduce it now - phone's been on for 55 hours so maybe its just battery recalibrating (its more accurate around 45% i guess) i had wifi, gps, bluetooth and brightness up and failed to lose more than 5% in an hour including rebooting the phone once - that usually kills battery a bit.

Guest Anil k Solanki

well i can't reproduce it now - phone's been on for 55 hours so maybe its just battery recalibrating (its more accurate around 45% i guess) i had wifi, gps, bluetooth and brightness up and failed to lose more than 5% in an hour including rebooting the phone once - that usually kills battery a bit.

Hi sej7287, there are so many variables it can be hard to compare stats. But I have learned I can turn Wi-Fi off and use 3G & get decent run times. Something for me to bear in mind for the future, when I'm not at home or abroad. By default Wi-Fi is always off now, only turn it on when I need faster web speeds. If I get 24 hours of use, two days between charges that would be great.

All the best. Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest LorianNod

Anyone KANG for N128 made yet with fixes included? Ive scanned the pages but found nothing yet ^

Not sure N128 needs many fixes applied (apart from wifi but of couse we don't have that yet).

My phone has been mostly on standby on N128 for 48 hours and is still has 36% battery left. This is with 3G on but Wifi off.

Also since the new kernel my Wifi doesn't reconnect automatically, first time I've had this for months.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hey guys,

Anyone KANG for N128 made yet with fixes included? Ive scanned the pages but found nothing yet ^

Nah, the latest KANG is by Sej based on 126

Guest Janil

My phone on n127 is down to 80% after using the phone 25 minutes, 15 minutes of web surfing and 3g data on the whole time, not very nice :S

I had the same problem, a reboot solved the issue for me. You could check if it's the same: top -n 1 -m 5 and see if akmd2 is eating lot of your CPU. At 75% after 1d 10hrs now!

EDIT: I'd advice everyone to reboot their phone after you have setup all the apps you need. Ie. before taking it to everyday use.

Edited by Janil

Guest mELIANTE

I had another reboot while connecting to wall-charge yesterday night. N128

Me too. That's two nights in a row that I can't rely on my Blade to sound the alarm, had to put my tablet to that task... Although it isn't displaying the same symptoms that were present when this first happened many nightlies ago. The phone keeps responding and spontaneously reboots when conected to charger.

Guest lordofangels

Did you just beat LordOfAngels on this one!!!!

This has to go in history with golden pages man!! N130 :) Legend! ;)

Yeah, beaten today. Had to go out this morning, damn solicitors appointment for 10am.

Guest emc02

Yeah, beaten today. Had to go out this morning, damn solicitors appointment for 10am.

yeah! I just looked inte the thread and then I took my chance :-D

never thought this could happen ;-)

Guest DanManchester

HELP! :unsure:

Just tried to flash N130, but got message:

Installing...

finding update package...

opening update package...

installing update...

installation aborted.

Prior to this I'd wiped everything.

Not really sure what to do now, Clockworkmod can see the .zip on the sd card but just won't install it, it always aborts. Suppose it must be a corrupt download pffft! But now I'm struggling with how to get another zip onto my phone?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Guest Dr00g

HELP! :unsure:

Just tried to flash N130, but got message:

Installing...

finding update package...

opening update package...

installing update...

installation aborted.

Prior to this I'd wiped everything.

Not really sure what to do now, Clockworkmod can see the .zip on the sd card but just won't install it, it always aborts. Suppose it must be a corrupt download pffft! But now I'm struggling with how to get another zip onto my phone?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Nandroid restore?

Guest DanManchester

Nandroid restore?

Thanks for reply, but...

:(

Don't have one it seems "Couldn't open directory - no files found"

Before coming back to CM I'd used GSF and thought (well I did have) a backup there, but looks like everything has gone now.

Have I bricked it? Well hopefully I haven't bricked it as Clockwork is still there..just need a method to get a new zip onto the card.

Guest emc02

Thanks for reply, but...

Before coming back to CM I'd used GSF and thought (well I did have) a backup there, but looks like everything has gone now.

Have I bricked it? Well hopefully I haven't bricked it as Clockwork is still there..just need a method to get a new zip onto the card.

Did you check MD5 after downloading?

You can take the Micro-SD-Card out of the phone and copy the (new) file directly on it!

Guest DanManchester

Did you check MD5 after downloading?

You can take the Micro-SD-Card out of the phone and copy the (new) file directly on it!

Thanks, I'm embarrassed to say no I didn't check...as my last 5 or so new rom flashes went perfectly without a hitch!

As I was/am in a bit of a panic mode now I didn't even think about taking the sd card out and attaching that to pc via a card reader! Now I need to find an adapter. Thanks again

Guest dariob74

Hello i have installed the nightly 128 but i don't have found account google, but there is only exchange, and i don't have found the android market.....why? the file is cm_blade_full-128.zip........i must download full-130???

Sorry for my schoolastic english

Guest emc02

Hello i have installed the nightly 128 but i don't have found account google, but there is only exchange, and i don't have found the android market.....why? the file is cm_blade_full-128.zip........i must download full-130???

Sorry for my schoolastic english

you have to install the google apps with clockwork after installing the ROM and just like installing the ROM with "install zip from SD"

Guest ValiantSaint

Is it worth swapping my Cyanogenmod Green V5 ROM, for the latest "Stable" CM7 ROM? Has the battery life got any better? Thanks : )

Guest Dr00g

Thanks for reply, but...

Damn, do you have an SD adapter for a microSD card? If you do just plug it in to a card reader. Hope this helps :)

Edited by Dr00g

Guest tsddave

Is it worth swapping my Cyanogenmod Green V5 ROM, for the latest "Stable" CM7 ROM? Has the battery life got any better? Thanks : )

Stable is misleading.

Basically for the very best build you should read up on the latest nightly builds and "yes!" the battery life has got alot better. The rom isnt perfect yet but its getting damn close.

The imperfections may not effect you though.

Guest tchaz

Thanks for reply, but...

.. I haven't bricked it as Clockwork is still there..just need a method to get a new zip onto the card.

Mounts and storage :nod:

Guest dariob74

you have to install the google apps with clockwork after installing the ROM and just like installing the ROM with "install zip from SD"

damn, I forgot, it was long time since I installed a nightly Roma ... thank you and sorry for the stupid question

Guest DanManchester

Damn, do you have an SD adapter for a microSD card? If you do just plug it in to a card reader. Hope this helps :)

Thanks, no haven't got one yet so just ordered one from ebay :rolleyes:

So...3 lessons learnt:

always check the MD5

always make sure there's a nandroid backup in place

and it helps to have a micro sd card reader/adapter

:blush: