[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Anil k Solanki

which launcher is better for build 135 ?? i use go launcher ex and i think is much metter than ADW ... and i dont know why the people who make the cm7 dont use go launcher

Just because you prefer a particular launcher, doesn't mean others will prefer it too. I don't like ADW, so I use another launcher. Isn't that the point of ANDROID? Choice? You start your post asking which launcher is better then you proceed to declare "i use go launcher ex and i think is much metter than ADW". So stick with Go Launcher EX. :)

Anil.

Guest sej7278

Hum, unchecking those and rebooting did the trick for me... did you try rebooting?

well its all quite odd - i just rebooted again and it woke from sleep using menu the first time, but then after that it doesn't.......

but after the previous reboot i could reproduce it reliably. maybe toggling the options on and off again made them take hold.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Actually, I had that unchecked, but I guess classic "problem-solver" reboot was missing! Thanks for the tip! ;)

Anyway, please check on my original post... because judging by this graphic, my blade was definitely kept awake overnight... :/

As for your opinion regarding ROM actualization, I think I do agree with you, and will wait for a Nightly with significant improvements (once WiFi battery drainage is no more, this ROM will be more than perfect for me) before a new flash... ;)

By the way, given the fact that you're also on N131, can you please try to replicate the bluetooth issue I described?

Hi qwerty_29, I'm glad to read my suggestion wasn't a fluke and worked for you. If I get time tomorrow I will try your Bluetooth issue and then report back.

Anil.

Guest qwerty_29

well its all quite odd - i just rebooted again and it woke from sleep using menu the first time, but then after that it doesn't.......

but after the previous reboot i could reproduce it reliably. maybe toggling the options on and off again made them take hold.

Yes, I think the rule here is that there is no rule! I am trying to reproduce it also and sometimes it does wake up using menu/back/home, whilst sometimes it does not... can't find a pattern... wierd, hum?

Guest JayGB1982

Not used an official CM7 build for a few weeks now... Been on CM7 Green V4 > v5 > Ginger Stir Fry 8 > 9 > 13

Any remaining bugs / issues in these builds? What's battery life like? I read a few pages back I think around 127 / 128 that something got broken again?

Guest simonckenyon

Yes.

edit: hold on.. no, it's 20110624 :)

thanks.you are of course right that it is 20110624.

now to start building...

Guest Janil

Hmm.. How to set the SMS notification sound? I tried to old way by putting my SMS ringtone in the notification folder and then selecting it as the notification. Now instead it starts playing the first MP3 track it finds on the SD card

Ah, 2.3 has different sounds for SMS and standard notifications whereas with 2.2 the notification sound was the same as SMS sound. Solution: go to messaging, click menu, preferences and find the ringtone settings there.

Edited by Janil

Guest popoyaya

Looking forward to the new kernel, and will test out the next RC.

What new kernel? Is there a web page somewhere where we can keep an eye on blade kernel developments?

Guest sej7278

thanks.you are of course right that it is 20110624.

now to start building...

where are you getting that data from? last commit on github (and blob in gerrit) was 7th july.

Guest sej7278

sej

hve you compiled an n135+ ?

If so could I have it please?

not worth it mate, by the time i've uploaded it n136 will be out, and there's only 3-4 different commits.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

not worth it mate, by the time i've uploaded it n136 will be out, and there's only 3-4 different commits.

In the meantime, you can rename N135 to N135+. Then it will be +!

Guest maleficum

i updated to N135 (from N132), only wiped the Dalvik cache. I experience lots of problems, GPS not working, crazy battery drain, random reboots, not waking up.. would they go away if I do a full wipe and reinstall N135, or are these known issues, if that's the case then I'll go back to N132.

Guest sej7278

i updated to N135 (from N132), only wiped the Dalvik cache. I experience lots of problems, GPS not working, crazy battery drain, random reboots, not waking up.. would they go away if I do a full wipe and reinstall N135, or are these known issues, if that's the case then I'll go back to N132.

wifi battery drain effects all builds since n128ish, some also see the problem with 3g, but if both of those are off then battery use is fine in standby.

i've noticed launcherpro+ force closes a lot lately in n131, 132, 135

i've also noticed that it takes quite a while to boot and have a working desktop lately - like drawing all the desktop icons and populating the app drawer, could be due to having most apps on sdcard, or maybe swiftkey-x which is the only new app recently (sense glass clock is always a bit slow).

then there's this random any-key-wakes issue that's very intermittent since about n131

i've also noticed that wifi connection doesn't work on the first reboot after using cwm recovery - i.e. if i flash or backup the rom, when it reboots i have no working wifi - or at least it connects to my router, but not to any websites despite the icon being green. fixed by another reboot.

gps i'm not sure about - i can't test inside, its doesn't reboot though.

battery stats seem very unreliable lately too - as QWERTY i think said above, you seem to have great battery life, then suddenly it will just drop by 10% for no reason.

i've never managed to reproduce the wall-charger reboots some have.

most of the issues i have seem to be fixed by rebooting, but it would be nice not to have to in the first place.

Edited by sej7278

Guest ididmytime

What new kernel? Is there a web page somewhere where we can keep an eye on blade kernel developments?

ZTE are releasing their 2.3 source, with a much newer kernel in a few weeks. CM is currently using the latest released (heavily modified) 2.2 kernel.

Guest Anil k Solanki

ZTE are releasing their 2.3 source, with a much newer kernel in a few weeks. CM is currently using the latest released (heavily modified) 2.2 kernel.

Hi ididmytime, have you got a link to the source of your new Kernel info? Thanks. Anil.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Flash N135... No market... why it was removed? there are problems with the installation from apps...

Hi KoZzzik, Google apps are a separate install for legal reasons. You need to flash the gapps.zip separately.

Anil.

Guest sej7278

Hi ididmytime, have you got a link to the source of your new Kernel info? Thanks. Anil.

yes i'd be very interested in this info too.

looks like a chap from ZTE putting some comments here, essentially denying the 2.6.35 blade leak is real, and saying they can't release code in line with the gpl2 until skate is released: http://android.modac...es/page__st__40

this post says by september 1st:

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

Guess that is a few weeks though.

and its for the skate, not the blade, so its not a simple recompile - although as it turns out the skate is still arm6 not arm7, it may essentially be the same kernel, depends on wifi/sensor chipsets etc.

looks like ZTE have pulled a motorola devy on us and just overclocked a blade with a bigger screen and gingerbread and called it a skate....

Guest Anil k Solanki

and its for the skate, not the blade, so its not a simple recompile - although as it turns out the skate is still arm6 not arm7, it may essentially be the same kernel, depends on wifi/sensor chipsets etc.

looks like ZTE have pulled a motorola devy on us and just overclocked a blade with a bigger screen and gingerbread and called it a skate....

All of this is purely conjecture until the release of the Skate, possibly in a fortnight? The Mac community love to discuss what the next potential Apple product will be. Most of the time it's wishful thinking and they obviously get it wrong.

If the Skate is just a a supersized Blade, cool! We can just upgrade and carry on as normal. If not, another section will open up in this forum. Life is too short for, if this, or, if that. I don't count my money until the cheque has been cashed and the payment cleared. :)

Anil.

PS. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. We're all entitled to discuss what we feel is important. It's just that sometimes it feels like a pointless exercise. IMHO.