[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi, I flashed N135 last night, put the phone to charge overnight. Woke up, no problems, I tested the GPS this morning, whilst I was testing I put the phone in my pocket and popped out for a very quick haircut. When I got home 20 mins later, I pulled the phone from my pocket and it was stuck on the big ANDROID.

So, I thought, f***k this and I flashed my N131 Nandroid back up from the previous night. All was well until this afternoon when the phone rebooted whilst on the table. S**t, it's never done that before. Or has it? I thought. When it reboots it takes the phone right back to the lock screen, so how would I know if the phone had rebooted whilst I wasn't looking at it? It's never rebooted whilst being used. The only tell tale sign was the ROM Manager Premium notification of a new ROM, which appears every time you reboot.

To cut a long story short, I wiped the cache partition, and the Dalvik cache, and the battery stats. So far so good. I will stick with N131 for now. It works for me on my handset. Which is a ZTE Blade and not a Skate. Just thought I would clarify that, a lot of Skate chatter in this Blade thread. ;)

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest kol0bok

How frequent are these reboots on the latest nightlies? and what does this wifi battery drain about? any workaround?

or which nightly shoud I install? I'm coming from Burstrlam's gingerbread leak..

I have used N127 for a while and it was mostly fine, good battery life in standby and no reboot problems for me. The worst bug spoted was the wi-fi battery drain. Looks like it keeps doing wlan scans in partial wake mode. Therefore, after playing music for about 90 minutes, my battery state goes down from 100 to 34 percent. The workaround is disabling wi-fi where you don't need it.

Installed N135 this morning, had no chance to check the mentioned wi-fi battery drain yet. But got a sudden reboot for no obvious reason (no GPS involved).

Guest Anil k Solanki

It is on forum GSF

Hi Simono, you may have to clarify for Victor that the letters GSF, are actually a web link. :)

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest k0zmic

Hi Simono, you may have to clarify for Victor that the letters GSF, are actually a web link. :)

Anil.

I think Victor got that, but he doesn't know which beta to choose. Maybe the latest beta would be a good idea?

After having upgraded to N135 from N128 I seem to have severe standy drain. I might try a full wipe and see if it makes a difference. But, I haven't had the reboots mentioned?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Anil k Solanki

dude which beta????

Victor, sorry dude, but you're gonna have to learn to help yourself. Read the GSF thread and decide for yourself. We all have to start somewhere, get learning dude, you'll be a better Blade/ANDROID user because of it.

Anil.

Guest Anil k Solanki

After having upgraded to N135 from N128 I seem to have severe standby drain. I might try a full wipe and see if it makes a difference. But, I haven't had the reboots mentioned?

k0zmic, have you tried N131? I really have had no problems with N131 until my flash of N135 last night. Then I got a reboot ANDROID man lockup. So I flashed back to my Nandroid N131 backup, and after a wipe of, Dalvik, cache partition and the batt stats all seems fine now several hours with no issues..

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest VictorMartinez

********* think Victor got that, but he doesn't know which beta to choose. Maybe the latest beta would be a good idea?****

*****right dude!!!****

when i used n135 i had only 1-2 reboots and i flashed again the same rom and then no more reboots !

with n126 after the n135 i had 0 reboots !

Guest k0zmic

k0zmic, have you tried N131? I really have had no problems with N131 until my flash of N135 last night. Then I got a reboot ANDROID man lockup. So I flashed back to my Nandroid N131 backup, and after a wipe of, Dalvik, cache partition and the batt stats all seems fine now several hours with no issues..

Anil.

No, I haven't actually. I might just go for N131 in that case. Cheers.

@StevenF

Could you tell us how it goes please in case N135 was just a bit of a bad build? Thanks.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest stevenf1964

loaded N135 last night and had 3 reboots. One of those occurred when phone rang - screen wouldn't unlock to answer call and then it suddenly decided to reboot. Am now going to try N136

Guest sej7278

Just for shits and giggles I've built a n136+ with the new kernel from Gerrit patched - don't get excited its not 2.6.35, its just some new LCD support and the serial port is re-enabled.

Colour me optimistic, but I don't seem to have wifi drain after 19mins online not 1% usage - no idea why as there's nothing that should have fixed it.

I've also enabled softbuttons - none are displayed by default but the option is in tablet tweaks to turn them on individually.

The "plus" bit is the 3 extra commits after n136 in the changelog which will be in the official n137

Get it from here

Edit: 9 hours standby and about 30mins wifi and battery is at 93%, although the last 7mins or so wifi used 3-4% of that.

Edited by sej7278

<p>

Just for shits and giggles I've built a n136+ with the new kernel from Gerrit patched - don't get excited its not 2.6.35, its just some new LCD support and the serial port is re-enabled.

Colour me optimistic, but I don't seem to have wifi drain after 19mins online not 1% usage - no idea why as there's nothing that should have fixed it.

I've also enabled softbuttons - none are displayed by default but the option is in tablet tweaks to turn them on individually.

The "plus" bit is the 3 extra commits after n136 in the changelog which will be in the official n137

Get it from here

Edit: 9 hours standby and about 30mins wifi and battery is at 93%, although the last 7mins or so wifi used 3-4% of that.

Always good to see one of your fixed builds sej :)

Edited by Guest

Guest sej7278

Always good to see one of your fixed builds sej :)

well i thought i haven't done one for 10 nights so its about time :D

lately every time the devs do something to the kernel they seem to fsck it up, so a test build before it gets merged might help - we spotted the usb eject reboots and wifi drain last time.

for some reason it seems much more stable than n135 to me, no force closes or wifi reconnect issues and it doesn't wake when i press any button (other than power!) still not sure about battery life though.

Guest LorianNod

Don't think I'll bother with getting a log on 135 then, 136+ here we come...

<edit> Ironically it rebooted whilst downloading 136+

/starts again.

Edited by LorianNod

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Get it from here

Thanks or this one Sej. :)

Do you think it's ok if I change the wifi driver with the old one ? I've disconnect problems during sleep with the new one(when using remote control or so).

Guest sej7278

Thanks or this one Sej. :)

Do you think it's ok if I change the wifi driver with the old one ? I've disconnect problems during sleep with the new one(when using remote control or so).

not sure mate, how do you add the old wifi module in - just copy over a .ko or something?

if it works on the regular n128 or later, it should be ok with this too in theory (as only lcd and serial modules have changed).

Edited by sej7278

for some reason it seems much more stable than n135 to me, no force closes or wifi reconnect issues and it doesn't wake when i press any button (other than power!) still not sure about battery life though.

I can confirm. that your build is rock stable again. No shutdowns, no reboots or any other niggle, except the headset-issue with ringtones.

Guest solidchips
its just some new LCD support and the serial port is re-enabled.

ZTE had released a new V880 with a different LCD. I think you can differentiate it from other V880 as this new model is shipped with 2.2.2.

I tried to install SS and CM7 on it ,everything was good until it went to sleep.

When i pressed the power button it couldn't wake up, displaying some white line.

I hope Tom_G LCD patch will fix it.

Edited by solidchips

Guest stevenf1964

loaded N135 last night and had 3 reboots. One of those occurred when phone rang - screen wouldn't unlock to answer call and then it suddenly decided to reboot. Am now going to try N136

N136 seems more stable no reboots so far

Guest fire_of_mind

Hi,

I have problem with my tweeter - after restart system is loosing my account and i have to login again...

I used N135 and now using N136+