[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

Tried, no luck.

Still market missing.

no idea then - how can you install gapps but not have market? is market not available in china or something?

Guest fire_of_mind

have you allowed it to auto-update in market, as they just did an update for it the other day, maybe they changed the login API or something? what doesn't work?

twitter runs ok on my blade but i've never logged in as i don't use it.

I installed the newest version from market. app work great but I have to manual login always after restarting phone :( (my account disappears from system settings)

:(

Guest sej7278

I installed the newest version from market. app work great but I have to manual login always after restarting phone :( (my account disappears from system settings)

dunno - maybe that's how they've written it lol

Guest fire_of_mind

I don't think so. in settings "accounts and synchronization" twitter account is missing after restart phone and have to create it again to login. gmail account works fine...

may by have to do full wipe, will wait for that to another RC ;)

anyway thanks for interesting and help :)

cheers

ps.

One more thing: does anyone know any way to enable MMS with data disabled?? I'm from Portugal, and while the 3G Data is a Pay-per-use, I have free MMS and I would like to use it on CM7.

When In stock ROM (2.1), I would use an APN app that would disable data and enble MMS, but that does not seem to work in this ROM, and so I cant receive/send MMS without spending money on internet data... Any solutions?

Guest targetbsp

Hi, from my experience Angry Birds scores are stored on the phone in the app. If you flash another ROM, goodbye scores! I know from the bitter experience of having to tell my girlfriend her scores were gone. :(

Anil.

Sent from my Hackintosh using a keyboard & mouse.

A simple rom upgrade, with no data wipe, should leave your data (including angry birds saves) intact...

Guest tsddave

Titanium back up lets you back up data for apps and games. I guess a data restore would work ?

I cant say I played Angry Birds much, so im only talking in theory.

Guest mowglii

Heh the daily post asking this, I will help you though....go for N136.The so called stable roms are behind this build and it has better batt life, its smoother and faster.

Ah, sorry to be a bother. Thanks for taking the time to reply though, I appreciate it. I'll go ahead and flash 136 and see what happens. Fingers crossed :)

Guest qwerty_29

A simple rom upgrade, with no data wipe, should leave your data (including angry birds saves) intact...

So, i should just use the wipe dalvik under advanced? Or should i wipe cache partition?

Guest KoZzzik

N136 this is the worst I've ever flash! constant rebooting. works slowly. application errors and anomalies...

for example:

screenshot-1311188074214.jpgscreenshot-1311163484859.jpg

Edited by KoZzzik

Guest LorianNod

Sej,

thanks for this, so far seems more stable than N135. I haven't used it heavily yet, but so far no reboots or other weirdness.

Just for shits and giggles I've built a n136+ with the new kernel from Gerrit patched - don't get excited its not 2.6.35, its just some new LCD support and the serial port is re-enabled.

Colour me optimistic, but I don't seem to have wifi drain after 19mins online not 1% usage - no idea why as there's nothing that should have fixed it.

I've also enabled softbuttons - none are displayed by default but the option is in tablet tweaks to turn them on individually.

The "plus" bit is the 3 extra commits after n136 in the changelog which will be in the official n137

Get it from here

Edit: 9 hours standby and about 30mins wifi and battery is at 93%, although the last 7mins or so wifi used 3-4% of that.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi targetbsp, you're absolutely right, a ROM update is fine. For some reason I thought the poster of the original question was coming from another ROM. I suppose I still have bad memories from when I flashed a different ROM and lost my girlfriends Angry Bird's scores. :)

Anil.

Guest Anil k Solanki

So, i should just use the wipe dalvik under advanced? Or should i wipe cache partition?

Hi qwerty_29, Yes wipe your Dalvik cache, and the Cache Partition. That's it.

/cache partition

This is the partition where Android stores frequently accessed data and app components. Wiping the cache doesn’t effect your personal data but simply gets rid of the existing data there, which gets automatically rebuilt as you continue using the device.

/dalvik

Dalvik cache is a program cache area for the program dalvik. Dalvik is a java based virtual machine that is the basis for running your programs (the ones that have the .apk extension). In order to make access times faster (because previously there wasn't JIT (just in time) compiler installed by default, but that changed in ANDROID 2.2 Froyo), the dalvik-cache is the result of dalvik doing a optimization of the running program. Sounds confusing. It's similar to the prefetch files in Windows.

I hope this helps you. Anil.

PS. Always cover your ass and do a Nandroid backup before any ROM flash.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest TravellerSam

Hi,

I have problem with my tweeter - after restart system is loosing my account and i have to login again...

I used N135 and now using N136+

Hi there,

as the Twitter Support website says: "If on SD, the app will lose your login information."

It has been bothering me, too. Hope that helps.

Guest fire_of_mind

Hi there,

as the Twitter Support website says: "If on SD, the app will lose your login information."

It has been bothering me, too. Hope that helps.

you have right! thank you very much :)

Guest Janil

Battery life has been poor for the past days again, only 18-24hrs. I'm running N126 (07102011) and it's because of akmd2. I checked top -m 5 and akmd2 was eating like 10% of the CPU all the time. Rebooting helps as usual. There's still wrong with the sensors.

Guest tsddave

Battery life has been poor for the past days again, only 18-24hrs. I'm running N126 (07102011) and it's because of akmd2. I checked top -m 5 and akmd2 was eating like 10% of the CPU all the time. Rebooting helps as usual. There's still wrong with the sensors.

N126 was released some time ago. Its up to N138 now you should try that,though I think the last nightly with blade specific changes was N135.

Guest tijnam

N126 was released some time ago. Its up to N138 now you should try that,though I think the last nightly with blade specific changes was N135.

i had held on cm7 until i could have radio , initial build the battery was crap , n134 or 135 caused reboots , but i have n138 it is looking smooth , battery not chomped by the radio

Guest sej7278

a quick google comes up with a workaround for that:

disable the "setting/display/Auto-rotate screen", it will be removed from the memory.

but wouldn't that stop apps working in landscape mode - or does it just stop the homescreen from rotating?

Guest hugobosslives

it will allow apps that only work in landscape mode to still be in lanscape (like games) but not apps that allow both.

Guest ididmytime

I know this is not on topic, but in the interest of CM I thought I would let some people know that it has been confirmed that Skate will be Armv6.

Chances are, it's just a bigger blade, and roms will work on both devices.... CM on Skate anyone?

Guest Anil k Solanki

I know this is not on topic, but in the interest of CM I thought I would let some people know that it has been confirmed that Skate will be Armv6.

Chances are, it's just a bigger blade, and roms will work on both devices.... CM on Skate anyone?

Thanks for the update ididmytime, depending on the price I might get one.

Anil.

Guest ididmytime

Thanks for the update ididmytime, depending on the price I might get one.

Anil.

It's also running at 800mhz, Will be overclockable to 900+ no doubt.

An overclocked blade will be near enough identical to a stock Skate in speed... I wouldn't call the Skate and upgrade by any means now.

Guest sej7278

It's also running at 800mhz, Will be overclockable to 900+ no doubt.

An overclocked blade will be near enough identical to a stock Skate in speed... I wouldn't call the Skate and upgrade by any means now.

is this up-to-date information as i thought the chip had been changed to 1ghz now?

being arm6 means still no flash.