[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Anil k Solanki

motherf..........

Sorry dude, but I had to laugh, I just had to. If it's any consolation, I updated to N151 30 mins ago.

Anil.

Guest Migun

Has anyone noticed a small battery drain?

I am on N145, and in 4H it was on 96%.

In N12X in almost a full day I was still on 90%.

It is not important, just a thing I noticed!

Guest androrphin

Has anyone noticed a small battery drain?

I am on N145, and in 4H it was on 96%.

In N12X in almost a full day I was still on 90%.

It is not important, just a thing I noticed!

I'm running N148 and after 12 hours my battery was still at 100% (no wifi, gps, nor data).!

I've just installed N152 so fingers crossed !

Guest Ray-man

do you have a link to the post with some explanation as to what it fixes, what rom it came from, how to install it etc? if its gone its gone, its more a matter of interest than actually requiring the fix (i don't need it with my routers).

if you need my pedigree, other than ~400 posts, i've compiled a few roms on here for folks. i would say ask anil but i shouted at him a bit earlier so he's probably not my biggest fan now, sorry anil :unsure:

Hi sej7278,

Sorry, I don't have the link just the zip file that I downloaded. I think it may be from the Orange stock rom (which could mean it has copyright issues) but aparantly GSF has it (or something similar) and according to the post, both work. wbaw should be able to provide more details as the link was in one of his post replies to a question from me.

What does it fix?

There's a conflict between current CM7 roms (No idea how far back it goes) and BT Homehub 2 (Could be all BTHH variants) whereby it's impossible to logon. After entering the access code and selecting 'Connect', an 'Obtaining IP Address' message is displayed but doesn't get any further and eventually times out. It's not isolated to one rom as I've tried several recent nightlies.

Posted comments suggest two likely reasons, one of which may be due to a flawed BT firmware upgrade that hasn't been fixed and the other is down to revisions to dhcpcd in recent CM7 roms. This fix substitutes an earlier version of dhcpcd and the problem goes away. I modified a N151 rom and logging on to my BTHH2 now works fine.

Edit: I forgot to add that the dhcpcd file resides in systems/bin

Edited by Ray-man

Guest Migun

I'm running N148 and after 12 hours my battery was still at 100% (no wifi, gps, nor data).!

I've just installed N152 so fingers crossed !

I will dowload the new one to see if I notice some changes,thanks :) !

I see the post about 1st september was intended for the Skate and was just in the Blade forum cause we didn't have a Skate one at the time but has since been moved there: http://android.modac...before-sep-1st/

Not sure how useful it's source will be to us Blade users.

[edit in light of sej7278's edit]

Ah good! True that, I kinda forgot about the fact we know they have something working cause we have the leak lol.

That's a good point for those wondering what we'll get with the new source too. Presumably tThe notable features of GSF. Smoother 2d (in games and UI) and the ability to keep your wifi connected whilst sleeping for starters.

ZTE seem to use similar kernel source (just different config options) for all their android devices. The latest release was for their tablets, it still doesn't mention the blade on the download page, but it runs fine on the Blade & it's the kernel currently used in CM7.

So if they release kernel source for the Skate then it should also compile for the Blade & other ZTE devices too.

IIRC Froyo was available for sale on the 003z in Japan for a while before .32 kernel source was available, so it's possible that they could decide to release it late.

do you have a link to the post with some explanation as to what it fixes, what rom it came from, how to install it etc? if its gone its gone, its more a matter of interest than actually requiring the fix (i don't need it with my routers).

if you need my pedigree, other than ~400 posts, i've compiled a few roms on here for folks. i would say ask anil but i shouted at him a bit earlier so he's probably not my biggest fan now, sorry anil :unsure:

Here is a link that explains the problem with dhcpcd. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=907772

Versions of dhcpcd after 4.0.13 have stricter checks & it causes problems with some misbehaving wifi routers - in particular the BT Homehub, as supplied by the UK's largest ISP.

dhcpcd version 5.x or before 4.0.13 should fix it.

Edited by wbaw

Guest wakaru

There's a conflict between current CM7 roms (No idea how far back it goes) and BT Homehub 2 (Could be all BTHH variants) whereby it's impossible to logon. After entering the access code and selecting 'Connect', an 'Obtaining IP Address' message is displayed but doesn't get any further and eventually times out. It's not isolated to one rom as I've tried several recent nightlies.

Posted comments suggest two likely reasons, one of which may be due to a flawed BT firmware upgrade that hasn't been fixed and the other is down to revisions to dhcpcd in recent CM7 roms. This fix substitutes an earlier version of dhcpcd and the problem goes away. I modified a N151 rom and logging on to my BTHH2 now works fine.

I've been using Blade ROMS since Dec-10 (including many nighties from CM), and never had an issue connecting any of the blades at home with the WiFi from our BT HH v2.1A.

Only issue was at first, when the SSID was hidden. Obviously un-hiding the SSID sorted the problem.

For what it's worth I always set fixed IPs and Security level WPA2.

I've been using Blade ROMS since Dec-10 (including many nighties from CM), and never had an issue connecting any of the blades at home with the WiFi from our BT HH v2.1A.

Only issue was at first, when the SSID was hidden. Obviously un-hiding the SSID sorted the problem.

For what it's worth I always set fixed IPs and Security level WPA2.

I don't think it affects all BT Homehubs, just a certain firmware revision (don't know which, I don't have one). A similar problem may also affect other wireless routers.

If you use a fixed IP address then you wont be affected. dhcpcd is the program that gets a dynamic IP address from the router.

Edited by wbaw

Guest lee89b

n151+

softbuttons enabled, 30 patches from changelog after n151 (should have called it n152+ i guess!)

quicker boot patch knocked 5secs off my boot to 40secs, but i guess most of my apps are on sdcard.

i forgot to run get-rommanager to fetch 4.3.3.0 so had to re-build, re-flash and re-upload, which is why its a bit late sorry (so if you were naughty and started to download early, check your md5sum as i stopped the first upload half way through).

hey anil, i even wiped /cache :P

hi. may i know how do I install the softbuttons.patch ? your help is very much appreciated. cheers

Guest MacGyver2k

I still have reboots with N152 when i plug in my USB charger in about 3 of 4 time i plug in the cable.

Did a full wipe, installed the plain rom without no overclocking or backups, just some freshly downloaded market apps.

Can't excactly say since which Nightly that happens, i tried N142 and newer.

But a backup of N88 runs fine, no reboots.

Any ideas?

Guest Ray-man

I don't think it affects all BT Homehubs, just a certain firmware revision (don't know which, I don't have one). A similar problem may also affect other wireless routers.

If you use a fixed IP address then you wont be affected. dhcpcd is the program that gets a dynamic IP address from the router.

I've just checked my BTHH2 is V2.0 Type B. Running Firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.3.18 Type B - Last updated 22/04/11.

Hopefully that may help someone.

Edited to remove a rogue smiley that was obviously having a laugh about my homehub! I think the smiley's fixed now but same old hub.

Edited by Ray-man

Guest Tetas

hi. may i know how do I install the softbuttons.patch ? your help is very much appreciated. cheers

If you flash sej's n151+ they're already there, just go to Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Tablet Tweaks > Choose Soft-buttons and check the ones you like (they're off by default)

Edit:

Btw, if you you're talking about "installing" them on a "non-sej's" build it's a whole other situation, I'm not sure but I believe you'd have to compile a rom yourself to do that. Better to ask the MAN himself.

Edited by Tetas

Guest Anil k Solanki

Edited to remove a rogue smiley that was obviously having a laugh about my homehub! I think the smiley's fixed now but same old hub.

:)

:D

B)

Guest Ray-man

:)

:D

B)

Okay you don't need to rub it in, I thought BT Homehubs were good before getting into this forum - It is quite funny though!!!

Guest Anil k Solanki

I've just checked my BTHH2 is V2.0 Type B. Running Firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.3.18 Type B - Last updated 22/04/11.

Hopefully that may help someone.

Hi, I'm glad the "retired old fart" Ray-man has got Wi-Fi access working. Which leads me to a question, I use fixed IP address's for everything on my network, it makes my life easier in the long run, and it makes your network a bit more secure. Am I right in thinking/concluding that having a fixed IP address will always have zero ANDROID issues, compared to a DHCP IP address?

Anil. :)

Hi, I'm glad the "retired old fart" Ray-man has got Wi-Fi access working. Which leads me to a question, I use fixed IP address's for everything on my network, it makes my life easier in the long run, and it makes your network a bit more secure. Am I right in thinking/concluding that having a fixed IP address will always have zero ANDROID issues, compared to a DHCP IP address?

Anil. :)

No, incorrect, can never predict what problems could happen in future. It means that dhcp can't fail if you don't use it, but that's all.

You realise that you can set up static IPs using dhcp? It makes life a lot easier than setting the ip address on each device. If you ever have visitors who want to use your wifi, or go out & want to use somebody else's then dhcp needs to work.

Guest Anil k Solanki

No, incorrect, can never predict what problems could happen in future. It means that dhcp can't fail if you don't use it, but that's all.

You realise that you can set up static IPs using dhcp? It makes life a lot easier than setting the ip address on each device. If you ever have visitors who want to use your wifi, or go out & want to use somebody else's then dhcp needs to work.

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. When I read "Static IP" I understand that as being an IP address allocated by your ISP that never changes. I'm talking about "Allocated IP", an IP address allocated based on the MAC address of the device. Is that what you're talking about? I have never set up the IP address on the device.

Visitors. I have a spare Wi-Fi network I can turn on if they want easy access to the internet.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest Tetas

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. When I read "Static IP" I understand that as being an IP address allocated by your ISP that never changes. I'm talking about "Allocated IP", an IP address allocated based on the MAC address of the device. Is that what you're talking about? I have never set up the IP address on the device.

Visitors. I have a spare Wi-Fi network I can turn on if they want easy access to the internet.

Anil.

Does that mean I have t fly over to Italy to use it? lol JK

Guest Tetas

You could drive? :D Anil.

In any case it's another reason to visit Italy (as if there weren't many already rolleyes.gif)

Oh, btw ... since there are quite some people interested in competing with LordOfAngels for every new nightly announcement, how about just a BIG one? I mean of course the 1 000 000 views mark. At least the winner could claim the "title" for more than a day lol