[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ididmytime

Anil, I think we should just agree to disagree on this subject, before turning this thread into a free for all, as we have strong opinions in the complete opposite direction on what obligation ZTE have, and about the issues the blade has. By xmas, we should all have decent roms so this isn't really necessary.

OK thanks. I'll upgrade may be at the weekend and flash the GPS fix

Do we know why the CM devs don't like the fix, especially if it fixes the GPS issues?

I think it was to do with the patch being a 'hack' job, and CM wanted to do it properly, but don't quote me on that. I'm sure you can find the reason somewhere in this thread.

Guest sej7278

I think it was to do with the patch being a 'hack' job, and CM wanted to do it properly, but don't quote me on that. I'm sure you can find the reason somewhere in this thread.

wasn't it just copying over the binary from the stock 2.1 build or something horrible, instead of compiling from source (for gingerbread) ?

Guest ididmytime

wasn't it just copying over the binary from the stock 2.1 build or something horrible, instead of compiling from source (for gingerbread) ?

I know it comes from an older version (I thought it was 2.2), so that sounds more than plausable.

It does work however, arguably better than it does now with it.

Guest Pelemanne

OK thanks. I'll upgrade may be at the weekend and flash the GPS fix

Do we know why the CM devs don't like the fix, especially if it fixes the GPS issues?

You don't need to install any "fix" to cm for gps because gps.conf is correct.

Contents of ss rls5 fix is;

"NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276"

When I check the contents of my cm n152 the contents is very equal.

Guest ididmytime

You don't need to install any "fix" to cm for gps because gps.conf is correct.

Contents of ss rls5 fix is;

"NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276"

When I check the contents of my cm n152 the contents is very equal.

Are you checking with the patch from here?

http://android.modaco.com/topic/342900-gingerbread-gps-fix-using-zte-libs-updated/

Edited by ididmytime

I'm starting to test CM7 N158 since a few hours , and didn't had a fc or reboot or whatever.

OK , 1 minor error when I woke up and put the screen on , I did get an error about fm radio ... but I've installed ZTE Fm radio app , so might be this.

most important question for me at this moment...

Can I use the UOT kitchen to make myself a theme , and flasdh the zip , or doesn't it work that way because of "theme chooser" ?

And at first sight , battery drain looks OK for now. :unsure:

Guest ThermalDroid

my n157+ has been superseded by the official n158 now, i was just playing with the kernel.

my 4.0.1.4 recovery build isn't much different to clockworkmod 3.0.2.7 (but hey, its a higher version number!) i just wanted to try compiling recovery from the cm7 sources as paul had done for the skate, rather than relying on koush.

i've attached the recovery as a flashable zip (for rommanager or recovery) but i've not tried it as i've already flashed the .img file using fastboot. md5sum 62d75e0ab925262b2c99c3a1f534bbb6

it should work ok, but if you brick your phone don't come crying to me (i guess you could still fastboot or tpt actually) and do a nandroid backup first perhaps.

note it still shows up as 3.0.2.7 in rommanager, but when you enter recovery it shows as 4.0.1.4 and i've done a nandroid and a flash using it just fine (even from rommanager premium).

Work way better and is much sleeker thanks sej! +1

Guest sej7278

Work way better and is much sleeker thanks sej! +1

it does a nandroid backup much faster doesn't it? due to no scrolling text or progress bars i guess - same goes for regular linux, turn off the -v flag and tar whizzes by.

i also like that there's confirmation text throughout.

edit: there's a shedload more recoveries here i didn't realise sebastian404 was still building them.

Edited by sej7278

Guest wishmasterf

I'm starting to test CM7 N158 since a few hours , and didn't had a fc or reboot or whatever.

OK , 1 minor error when I woke up and put the screen on , I did get an error about fm radio ... but I've installed ZTE Fm radio app , so might be this.

most important question for me at this moment...

Can I use the UOT kitchen to make myself a theme , and flasdh the zip , or doesn't it work that way because of "theme chooser" ?

And at first sight , battery drain looks OK for now. :unsure:

Is the ZTE FM Radio App working? I cant use it :-(

Guest ThermalDroid

it does a nandroid backup much faster doesn't it? due to no scrolling text or progress bars i guess - same goes for regular linux, turn off the -v flag and tar whizzes by.

i also like that there's confirmation text throughout.

edit: there's a shedload more recoveries here i didn't realise sebastian404 was still building them.

Oh wow that list has grown since I last looked o.0

Guest targetbsp

In light of this, I turned off the process bar on recovery 3.0.2.7 and my time to nandroid went from 9 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes 5 seconds. :o

Guest sej7278

In light of this, I turned off the process bar on recovery 3.0.2.7 and my time to nandroid went from 9 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes 5 seconds. :o

the description for turning off progressbars in rommanager confused me, so i've had them enabled all this time and thought it was a cwm3 bug lol.

it seems cwm4 ignores that setting and always does the quick method. my nandroid takes 3mins too.

Guest opc100

So the last nightly I used was n88, and the battery life was absolutely appalling. It struggled to get through 18 hours on a full charge. I've been on ginger stir fry for a while, but want to give Cyanogen another go, what's the battery life like on the recent nightlies?

Guest targetbsp

So the last nightly I used was n88, and the battery life was absolutely appalling. It struggled to get through 18 hours on a full charge. I've been on ginger stir fry for a while, but want to give Cyanogen another go, what's the battery life like on the recent nightlies?

The battery life is fine. But it was also fine in 88 so... :D

Guest Daedus

Hello there mates,

I installed the new Cyanogen rom in my Blade yesterday, aswell with the latest Google apps file that was available in the rom's site, the problem is:

The Android Market icon won't show up in the menu, and checking the Settings-> Applications, the Market is installed but it's kind of greyed out, and can't start the application,

I've reinstalled the Google Apps aswell without success,

Anything I can do? Do I have to connect to my Google account first and then it will appear in the menu?

Thanks!

Guest Mushroom_Lord

The battery life is fine. But it was also fine in 88 so... :D

On a similarish note I haven't updated since N133, purely because I see no reason!