[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Stuart_f

Running N166 for some days now, everything is candy.

Few weird things happened though :

1. Wifi did not reconnect one time

2. when i plug in the charger and the battery is less than 25% the phone reboots

I can live with that though

The second one is also a known issue. I'm not sure it's related to current battery % when you plug it in, it seems more random than that.

Guest targetbsp

Never is the default option there. Actually wifi still turns off after 15 minutes.

I didn't say it keeps the wifi on (it doesn't) - i said it fixes the reconnection. :)

Guest shad0wboss

Thinking of switching to cyanogen. How is the battery life now? does wifi reconnects fine? i'm only switching because i have just started hating the blue tint on my screen once again.

things i'm looking for:

-decent battery life

-working gps

-fixed wifi

-smooth UI for browsing + typing purpose..

please confirm these things above in n171

Thanks in advance

Guest Stuart_f

I'd say battery life is average. Not as good as GSF. Doubt this will change until the new kernel arrives.

GPS works fine.

Wifi changes have been proposed by Tom and a test-rom has been released. I don't know for sure if the changes have made it into the nightlies yet.

UI is smooth enough for me.

Just moved from SS5 to CM N171, feeling great now. I'll report here once I found any problem. BTW, is there any ways to adjust volume in the FM radio?

Guest Psyloid

actually i found out that my phone always reboots when plugged in to the charger. when plugged in to USB on the pc it doesn't reboot . (P's. I am using an iPhone charger because I lost the original one. but this never happened before )

also, would it be possible to change the sensitivity of the touchscreen ? it was much more responsive on Gsf variants ...

still using N166, will update Friday when I get home because I'm on edge atm .

Guest sej7278

actually i found out that my phone always reboots when plugged in to the charger. when plugged in to USB on the pc it doesn't reboot . (P's. I am using an iPhone charger because I lost the original one. but this never happened before )

also, would it be possible to change the sensitivity of the touchscreen ? it was much more responsive on Gsf variants ...

still using N166, will update Friday when I get home because I'm on edge atm .

charger reboots were fixed ages ago, have you done a full wipe? that said, i've had some odd reboot issues around n171.....

as far as touchscreen issues go - have you got a screen protector on, as i do and my screen is much less responsive than my sister's without a protector, but then her screen is all scratched up, so its swings and roundabouts.

Guest sej7278

I'd say battery life is average. Not as good as GSF. Doubt this will change until the new kernel arrives.

GPS works fine.

Wifi changes have been proposed by Tom and a test-rom has been released. I don't know for sure if the changes have made it into the nightlies yet.

UI is smooth enough for me.

no wifi fix hasn't even been released to gerrit as a patch yet, so a long way off getting into a nightly.

tom_g's and my patched roms seem to work ok though, although i've never had a problem anyway.

yes battery life won't go anywhere until we get 2.6.35 (which zte have under a week to deliver now).

ui is smooth enough, not as smooth as my friend's defy though, but as good as eclair/froyo on the blade.

gps i have no problems with either other than it seems to take a long time to lock, some people are still getting reboots.

Guest Gazda Jezda

charger reboots were fixed ages ago, have you done a full wipe? that said, i've had some odd reboot issues around n171.....

That may be true but my experience is quite oposite. Like i already write about that, here is a short version: i have installed quite recent nightly (159 or 155, i don't remember which one) and do a full wipe of everything and build all from scratch. At that time i don't experience charger reboots (even in a car). But then i just make an nandroid backup and restore the same backup and on next car charge, the phone reboots... It works only if at the moment when i plug the phone to charger, screen is on. If phone sleep then it reboots every time. This is true also for N165, which i currently use. I already write about that, but i just wann't to say that charger reboot bug is far away from being fixed... sorry. I don't know how 171 behave... and bytheway... CM is great :P

edit: i write about that on CM forum, not here. Sorry, my fault :)

http://forum.cyanoge.../page__st__1040

Edited by Gazda Jezda

Guest targetbsp

as far as touchscreen issues go - have you got a screen protector on, as i do and my screen is much less responsive than my sister's without a protector, but then her screen is all scratched up, so its swings and roundabouts.

The ones designed to fit the blade screen are worse than the ones for that other model of phone (that i've temporarily forgotten) that we used before Blade ones existed.

Guest Psyloid

its the same screenprotector that i had using gsf (when it was more responsive)

and the reboot happens at the moment that i plug in the charger. not at random whilst charging

Guest sm4tik

its the same screenprotector that i had using gsf (when it was more responsive)

I remember the older kernel in CM7 had a tweak in the touchscreen driver from kallt_kaffe that made the screen more responsive. I'm not sure if that has made it's way to the current kernel. Maybe something like that exists in the new (2.6.35) kernel that's used in GSF? I'm only guessing, but it would make sense. I didn't pay much attention to the responsiveness of the screen when the current CM7 kernel got merged, but currently I do feel the screen a bit unresponsive too.

Guest targetbsp

and the reboot happens at the moment that i plug in the charger. not at random whilst charging

I've never had that. And I've not seen it reported in this thread much (at all?) since it was fixed long ago. However, on another forum I frequent, someone else said exactly this. So you're not alone! Though you might be one of only 2... :D

Guest Gazda Jezda

Actual, there are at least 3 of us, since my friend's Blade with CM136 on board also reboot in the same second when it is connected to car charger ;) And by the time of install he perform a clean install (full wipe)...

I've never had that. And I've not seen it reported in this thread much (at all?) since it was fixed long ago. However, on another forum I frequent, someone else said exactly this. So you're not alone! Though you might be one of only 2... :D

Hey all

Moved up from n166 to n171 last night & am having Bluetooth connectivity issues today with my car kit, has anyone else noticed this?

It'll connect momentarily & then the Bluetooth symbol on the status bar disappears & connection is lost.

It's not the same issue as previously where Bluetooth would only connect while the phone was awake.

I haven't carried out a full wipe as yet, thought I'd check to see if it was a general issue first.

Cheers, Paul

Guest sej7278

Actual, there are at least 3 of us, since my friend's Blade with CM136 on board also reboot in the same second when it is connected to car charger ;) And by the time of install he perform a clean install (full wipe)...

it might not have been fixed by n136.

Guest Stooby

You're not alone!

I installed n171 with a full wipe last night, and I'm getting exactly the same problem with connectivity with my car kit (Parrot MK6100).

Hey all

Moved up from n166 to n171 last night & am having Bluetooth connectivity issues today with my car kit, has anyone else noticed this?

It'll connect momentarily & then the Bluetooth symbol on the status bar disappears & connection is lost.

It's not the same issue as previously where Bluetooth would only connect while the phone was awake.

I haven't carried out a full wipe as yet, thought I'd check to see if it was a general issue first.

Cheers, Paul

Guest Gazda Jezda

No, only SDCARD was not formated :) Anyway, i'm quite happy with CM now. When i connect my phone to charger i only turn screen on and this is it... All other functions work as it shoud, so this is no real problem to me anyway.

oh yes and formatted everything before installing. even the sdcard

Edited by Gazda Jezda

You're not alone!

I installed n171 with a full wipe last night, and I'm getting exactly the same problem with connectivity with my car kit (Parrot MK6100).

Time to roll back :(

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers, Paul

Guest sej7278

lots of bluetooth commits in nightly 160 and 171, so not surprised things are broken

anyone have problems before n160? or are the problems after 160, i.e. in n171 only?

Edited by sej7278

lots of bluetooth commits in nightly 160 and 171, so not surprised things are broken

anyone have problems before n160? or are the problems after 160, i.e. in n171 only?

It's been all good for me since they switched to the new (updated) kernel, n130ish.

I went straight from n166 to n171, so don't know for sure that the problem started with the latest nightly but it seems likely from what you say.

Cheers, Paul

Guest Stooby

Sorry, I can't help you with that - I've been away from cm7 (and the Blade) for a while.

Picked it up again last night and flashed n171, so I can't comment on recent builds prior to n171.

I've rolled back to Portuguese Spring for now, but I'll keep watching this thread.

Rolled back to n170 & Bluetooth seems fine :D

Cheers, Paul