[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Hey all

For anyone relying on Bluetooth car connectivity, n177 still exhibits the same issues that n171 introduced :(.

Cheers, Paul

Which was?

I thougt about posting an issue about that because there is not any. If i Start a new issue i get following: "

NO NIGHTLIES, home-builds, or anything "based on" CyanogenMod."

That means i cant report a bug because there is no bug in latest stable about that?

I'm fairly sure that seek bug was in the last release (7.1-RC1). It has been there since FM support was added, which I think was before the RC, so you can report it if you want, but expect me to give it very low priority. It works fine if you leave it on North America so I don't see it as a major bug.

Pretty sure you don't. You need the Premium version to download certain ROM's, not recoveries I think.

Yeah there are specific versions.

Link to the new Blade version: http://download.cloc...0.0.1-blade.img

You can use Fastboot to Flash it. Instructions here: http://wiki.cyanogen...om_Recovery.img

i don't think you need rommanager premium to update the recovery....?

you can download the zip from http://download.cloc...0.0.1-blade.zip

if you browse the directory http://download.cloc...com/recoveries/ it looks like 5.0.0.2, 3 and 4 are hitting other platforms

the zip's you are using are sebastien404's cwm-based4, not koush's "official" cwm3 recoveries.

thanks a lot for the explanation. tomorrow (when i have back my data plan) i will check if it downloads the update, even if it's not the premium version.

i always installed new clockwork update through the option "install a zip from sdcard" inside clockwork, instead of using fastboot.

Guest sej7278

thanks a lot for the explanation. tomorrow (when i have back my data plan) i will check if it downloads the update, even if it's not the premium version.

i always installed new clockwork update through the option "install a zip from sdcard" inside clockwork, instead of using fastboot.

that's because you were using a flashable zip file not an img file.

Guest brickornot

According to N 179 "Make LED always behave accordingly to documentation." - is that mean that now when ZTE BLADE is locked (screen off) - led will blink when sms will be received ?

Guest targetbsp

According to N 179 "Make LED always behave accordingly to documentation." - is that mean that now when ZTE BLADE is locked (screen off) - led will blink when sms will be received ?

It's be nice! But I don't think so. We lost support for it during a kernel update (with plans to add it again the future). So i'd have thought we'd need kernel support added again for it to work? I'd be deleted to be proved wrong though. :D

You can update it through ROM Manager, I got a prompt that a new version was available and then I just pressed 'Flash Recovery' and the new version was downloaded and installed.

backup is much faster with 5.0.0.1, but using it from the ROM-Manager doesnt work "Error processing ROM Manager Script"-Message in Clockworkmod, maybe a little bug. But then i startet backup directly in Clockworkmod and it finished in about 2 minutes! Very fast!

Guest sm4tik

I'm fairly sure that seek bug was in the last release (7.1-RC1). It has been there since FM support was added, which I think was before the RC, so you can report it if you want, but expect me to give it very low priority. It works fine if you leave it on North America so I don't see it as a major bug.

The problem with North American band is that it will skip all even frequencies (ie 100.0 , 100.2) so I'd be happy with you giving it low priority instead of very low :)

[...]

I see some files in "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/onemand" but cannot found some file with the max clock at sleep.

I know that setcpu is a great tool. But i think with the overclocking feature of CM there is no need of this tool when it is possible

to change max sleep clock (and if profiles would be added ;) ).

Sorry for reply myself, but i cannot belive that nobody has any information about that.

It must be possible to do this :huh:

Guest targetbsp

Sorry for reply myself, but i cannot belive that nobody has any information about that.

It must be possible to do this :huh:

Didn't we already recommend smartass? It does what you want - caps the max cpu frequency during sleep.

Guest colin.bate

backup is much faster with 5.0.0.1, but using it from the ROM-Manager doesnt work "Error processing ROM Manager Script"-Message in Clockworkmod, maybe a little bug. But then i startet backup directly in Clockworkmod and it finished in about 2 minutes! Very fast!

Clockworkmod said requires rom manager 4.4.0.0 I currently have 4.3.3.0. How do I update to this version tried market say i have latest version.

Guest sej7278

backup is much faster with 5.0.0.1....... it finished in about 2 minutes! Very fast!

only because the progressbars are disabled due to a "bug", in cwm-based 4.0.1.5 the same bug made it much faster than cwm 3.0.2.7 (3 mins vs. 9 mins)

the (vfat) .android_secure partition is the only non-mtd partition for me (all of us?) so the speedup of using tar over yaffs is only for 1/6 of the nandroid files (although it is about 25% of the total file size).

Edited by sej7278

Didn't we already recommend smartass? It does what you want - caps the max cpu frequency during sleep.

Yeah thats right, but is there no solution for the other governors? Becasuse ondemand clocks in steps and smartass is like

interactive. When the phone tells "i need more power" this two governors clock directly to the maximum clock freq. The

ondemand clocks from step to step until the maximum freq. is reached (if needed). But i will test the smartass now

for a longer time. I hope the performance and batterylife will be good.

Guest sej7278

Update of CWM to 5.0.0.8

"Did a recovery refresh to 5.0.0.8 fix the missing progress bar and other stuff."

flashed it ok from rommanager, still takes 3m36s to do a nandroid with the progressbars off (correctly!) so certainly no faster than 3027 or 4015 (may actually be slower....?)

now includes the .android_secure vfat partition in the md5 file too.

it looks like 5.0.1.0 is out. i installed it through ROM manager (yes, it doesn't need premium version), but when i enter clockwork from boot it is still 3.0.2.7 (my old version). why?

yesterday i upgraded from n142+ by sej to n178. first time i installed n178 after wiping data, cache and dalvik, but something went wrong: i got plenty of errors from different apps. therefore, i decided to reinstall n178, after wiping again data, cache and dalvik. this time, everything works right, except from the market: when i try to install some app from the market, i get the following error:

Error while downloading "[app name]" There is insufficient space on the device.

of course, i have plenty of free space (22 MB system, 80MB internal, 2 GB sd). i googled this error, and while there many posts, none of them has a solution that worked for me. i got this errror also in the first installation of n178 (among many others). do you have any suggestions?

Guest targetbsp

Weird. I was using 4403 and when it booted to CWM it told me I had to have Rom Manager 4 or later.

Now fixed in 5.0.1.0 :)

[edit]

Though this is going to be a long backup because I'd switched progress bars on so they were off. And now that bug is fixed they;re on again lol

Edited by targetbsp

Guest sej7278

it looks like 5.0.1.0 is out. i installed it through ROM manager (yes, it doesn't need premium version), but when i enter clockwork from boot it is still 3.0.2.7 (my old version). why?

yesterday i upgraded from n142+ by sej to n178. first time i installed n178 after wiping data, cache and dalvik, but something went wrong: i got plenty of errors from different apps. therefore, i decided to reinstall n178, after wiping again data, cache and dalvik. this time, everything works right, except from the market: when i try to install some app from the market, i get the following error:

Error while downloading "[app name]" There is insufficient space on the device.

of course, i have plenty of free space (22 MB system, 80MB internal, 2 GB sd). i googled this error, and while there many posts, none of them has a solution that worked for me. i got this errror also in the first installation of n178 (among many others). do you have any suggestions?

have you tried formatting the sdcard (backing up whatever you need first) my sister had this bullshit space error on froyo and it turned out to be the 2gb sdcard that came with the blade was corrupt, replaced it with a new 4gb one and it was fine.

Edited by sej7278

I updated Clockwork yesterday through ROM Manager and now I'm having problems. My Blade gets stuck on looping the CM7 splash screen. Anyone else having issues?

I had this issue when booting recovery - reverting to 3.0.2.7 fixed recovery, didn't try the new 5.0.1.0

flashed it ok from rommanager, still takes 3m36s to do a nandroid with the progressbars off (correctly!) so certainly no faster than 3027 or 4015 (may actually be slower....?)

now includes the .android_secure vfat partition in the md5 file too.

Well, I noticed the difference, for me it is almost half the time (but I changed the SD card, but it is only class 4)

Guest targetbsp

Well, I noticed the difference, for me it is almost half the time (but I changed the SD card, but it is only class 4)

No faster for me. Except when the aforementioned bug was in effect - that makes it about 3 times faster! In fact it was a touch slower but I probably have more apps than last time i timed it!