[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

Q: wich one is "better" please, n179 or update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-KANG-n173plus2-signed ?

you may as well use my 179+ now not 173+2 its got the fixes in my signature below, on top of the regular n179

Edited by sej7278

Guest qwerty_29

Hi sej7278, I have a new handset, an LG O2X which is why I've not been around. All I can say is if I send myself a text message via Skype, the notification light blinks for at least 5 mins. Gmail doesn't seem to work, but I think that's because of the changes in the Gmail API. Most, if not all Launchers can no longer display Gmail notification badges in the dock bar. Please check for yourselves to confirm or deny this feature is back.

Hopefully Google will sort out the API for the devs ASAP, it's already been 2 months since the changes.

Anyway, this will probably be my last post in the ZTE forum. My sincere appreciation & gratitude to the many many kind people who have helped me in the past. And if I have rubbed anyone the wrong way on my travels, my apologies, it was never intentional.

Ciao. Anil.

Haven't participated in the thread lately, but this time I must reply!

Thank YOU, Anil! It's a shame to watch you leave ZTE and this thread, you were always helpful to everyone around, and to me in particular! Please check us out every now and then, I'm sure that even not owning a Blade, your tips will help someone out! Cheers (come and visit Portugal!!!)!

Guest hlubepet

you may as well use my 179+ now not 173+2 its got the fixes in my signature below, on top of the regular n179

oh, gr8, wifi-fix... downloading and flashing :)

Edited by hlubepet

Guest sej7278

Haven't participated in the thread lately, but this time I must reply!

Thank YOU, Anil! It's a shame to watch you leave ZTE and this thread, you were always helpful to everyone around, and to me in particular! Please check us out every now and then, I'm sure that even not owning a Blade, your tips will help someone out! Cheers (come and visit Portugal!!!)!

yup, the place isn't the same without Anil, we all seem to be at each other's throats at the moment.

and who else could remind us to wipe /cache with every flash? :D

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I think I might actually update today, I haven't actually done so in a very long time :P

If anyone care my Windows Phone 7 Theme for Theme Chooser on Cm7 has actually come quite a long way since its intial release, do take a moment to check it out! - Link in my sig

Nightly 179 here I come...

Anything good changed since nightly 164? :P

hi all

i have installed cm_blade_full-179.zip for the blade and must say it seems so much better, but when i get a phone call, it goes through the headset rather the main speaker.

i,m in sound settings in CYMOD settings, and ticked always play on speaker for notifications and ring tones but no good.

am i missing something here?

thanks

Guest qwerty_29

Hi Sej!

First of all, once more, good job!! ;)

Second, I downloaded and installed your 179+, yet two problems emerged:

1) it erased my apps/configs (per example, the phone language was english, when I had it in portuguese before).

2) when I reboot into recovery to install GAPPS, it says "Installation complete", however whenever I reboot or power off and turn on the phone, it goes back to recovery, does not boot properly.

PS: I made a wipe dalvik and cache partition.

Any Ideas why? :huh:

Guest sej7278

Hi Sej!

First of all, once more, good job!! ;)

Second, I downloaded and installed your 179+, yet two problems emerged:

1) it erased my apps/configs (per example, the phone language was english, when I had it in portuguese before).

2) when I reboot into recovery to install GAPPS, it says "Installation complete", however whenever I reboot or power off and turn on the phone, it goes back to recovery, does not boot properly.

PS: I made a wipe dalvik and cache partition.

Any Ideas why? :huh:

not sure about not booting - have you tried flashing it again or the regular 179? something odd if gapps isn't installing either.

as far as the language goes - there were 8 missing PT-BR translations in 171, 178, 179, although i have them i suspect there's still some more missing.

have you got an old nandroid backup you can go back to, as it seems portuguese is totally screwed lately.

Edited by sej7278

Guest qwerty_29

not sure about not booting - have you tried flashing it again or the regular 179? something odd if gapps isn't installing either.

as far as the language goes - there were 8 missing PT-BR translations in 171, 178, 179, although i have them i suspect there's still some more missing.

have you got an old nandroid backup you can go back to, as it seems portuguese is totally screwed lately.

Yep, problem just fixed! That's what i did: revert to an old (not as recent as I would like it to be, but...) backup, wipe dalvik cache only, install 179+, install gapps. So far so good. ;)

BTW: I haven't been here lately, so if you could be kind enough to tell me: What are the major changes in these latest nightlies (actually, the nightly I had previously was the 142+, if i remember correctly)? Any new options/major improvements?

Thanks! ;)

Guest sej7278

Yep, problem just fixed! That's what i did: revert to an old (not as recent as I would like it to be, but...) backup, wipe dalvik cache only, install 179+, install gapps. So far so good. ;)

BTW: I haven't been here lately, so if you could be kind enough to tell me: What are the major changes in these latest nightlies (actually, the nightly I had previously was the 142+, if i remember correctly)? Any new options/major improvements?

Thanks! ;)

thank goodness for that! as far as changes go its best to look at the changelog although that doesn't go back as far as 142, i can't think of anything major since - i think n142+ had the libaudio/libcamera/fmradio fixes.

there's a new proximity calibration app (app drawer->zte blade settings) and some bluetooth fixes. my n179+ includes an unreleased wifi reconnection fix.

Edited by sej7278

Guest qwerty_29

thank goodness for that! as far as changes go its best to look at the changelog although that doesn't go back as far as 142, i can't think of anything major since - i think n142+ had the libaudio/libcamera/fmradio fixes.

there's a new proximity calibration app (app drawer->zte blade settings) and some bluetooth fixes. my n179+ includes an unreleased wifi reconnection fix.

But does the wifi battery drainage remains?

Thanks! ;)

Hi!

Yesterday I installed Sej's 179+ rom (with google apps and system format, dalvik, cache wipe, etc) and it seemed to be okay.

Before I went to sleep, I was browsing the web (wifi) and the battery lost only ~2% pecentage (69->67%). I pushed the power button to make the phone sleep.

In the morning when I got up the battery was on 30%. I opened battery use and saw some strange things. It said that not only the wifi but the phone itself and the screen was active sometimes. It even shows some time charging.

I don't know if I'm dumb and can't understand the battery use chart so I uploaded a screenshot I made. Here.

Please, tell me what's wrong. :)

Thanks in advance!

Guest sej7278

Hi!

Yesterday I installed Sej's 179+ rom (with google apps and system format, dalvik, cache wipe, etc) and it seemed to be okay.

Before I went to sleep, I was browsing the web (wifi) and the battery lost only ~2% pecentage (69->67%). I pushed the power button to make the phone sleep.

In the morning when I got up the battery was on 30%. I opened battery use and saw some strange things. It said that not only the wifi but the phone itself and the screen was active sometimes. It even shows some time charging.

I don't know if I'm dumb and can't understand the battery use chart so I uploaded a screenshot I made. Here.

Please, tell me what's wrong. :)

Thanks in advance!

you haven't turned wifi off. i think with the new patch you have to turn it off as sleeping won't do it.

anybody know if there is any chance that CM will use the zte kernel source anytime soon? cause that might greatly improove battery performance and solve so many issues. I know its not an easy thing to do or something that can be done in one night, since the CM team should add so many things to the kernel to add their features to it, but are there any thoughts about it?

Edited by kogos

you haven't turned wifi off. i think with the new patch you have to turn it off as sleeping won't do it.

I thought wifi works correctly, that's why I installed the rom. :/

Anyway, thank you. :)

Guest hedgepigdaniel

anybody know if there is any chance that CM will use the zte kernel source anytime soon? cause that might greatly improove battery performance and solve so many issues. I know its not an easy thing to do or something that can be done in one night, since the CM team should add so many things to the kernel to add their features to it, but are there any thoughts about it?

This is the kernel source used for CM7. As you can see, there is a new branch for the latest .35 kernel source. Looks like kalt kaffe, TomG and others are working on it.

Guest sej7278

I thought wifi works correctly, that's why I installed the rom. :/

Anyway, thank you. :)

i think that is working correctly. the whole point of the patch is because people complain the wifi doesn't reconnect. this way it does, but you have to turn it off when not using it i guess.

i turn my wifi off when not using it so haven't noticed your problem. it even says "turn off wifi when you're not using it" on the battery usage graph.

Edited by sej7278

i think that is working correctly. the whole point of the patch is because people complain the wifi doesn't reconnect. this way it does, but you have to turn it off when not using it i guess.

i turn my wifi off when not using it so haven't noticed your problem. it even says "turn off wifi when you're not using it" on the battery usage graph.

Sorry, by correctly I meant 100% the way I want it to work. :P

I still prefer it this way so I think I'll stick with your version.

P.s.: thanks for your work on it :D

Edited by fema

Guest sej7278

Sorry, by correctly I meant 100% the way I want it to work. :P

I still prefer it this way so I think I'll stick with your version.

P.s.: thanks for your work on it :D

looking at a few comments on the issue tracker there's differing reports on how it does/should work - tom_g seems to say that wifi should turn off within a couple of seconds of the screen going off (unless plugged into usb) which it does for me. others are saying it has to properly sleep for 15mins before that happens, others are saying it never turns off.

now whether wifi disconnecting is the same as wifi turning off is debatable!

it does seem a bit pointless fixing a wifi reconnect bug that means you have to keep turning wifi on/off......

there's various settings to be played with too which confuses the matter.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

The wifi stops being useful (in that I can't ping it) within seconds of screen off but actually doesn't turn off until after 15 minutes. Personally I have tasker switch the wifi on and off with the screen. I think an app called green power or something can do that for free.

Guest sej7278

The wifi stops being useful (in that I can't ping it) within seconds of screen off but actually doesn't turn off until after 15 minutes. Personally I have tasker switch the wifi on and off with the screen. I think an app called green power or something can do that for free.

yes i'm pretty sure that's how it works for me too, just testing 15min sleep now but its certainly stops ping within 2secs with the "with screen off" wifi policy.

so fema may have other wakelock issues unrelated to the wifi fix, or possibly has the wifi policy set to "never" in settings->wifi settings->menu button->advanced

Edited by sej7278

yes i'm pretty sure that's how it works for me too, just testing 15min sleep now but its certainly stops ping within 2secs with the "with screen off" wifi policy.

so fema may have other wakelock issues unrelated to the wifi fix, or possibly has the wifi policy set to "never" in settings->wifi settings->menu button->advanced

It is set to "When screen turns off".