[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest CaptainSpectacular

No problem with patch 5 here for the moment. Flashed with full wipe (data, cache, dalvik). I'll report if there's any battery drain compare to patch 3 (simple patch 3 without +).

Anyway, I've a little dream. I don't know if this is possible or not, but if there's a way to port Dolby sound to CM7 for the blade, I think this ROM smash all the others. Maybe it just can't be done, but if this not, I think we have the perfect software for our phone. (one of the better point of GSF compare to CM7 is the sound, not Dolby sound but it's just more loudy I think, so if devs can port the Dolby sound from MonteCarlo Stir Fry, it'll be fabulous biggrin.gif)

Duh, it's just a dream after all... tongue.gif

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Updated to sej7278's version of Patch 5 with only dalvik wipe, no problem so far. Big thank you to Tom G and sej7278.

Can anyone clarify this for me ?

Does this mean the wifi reconnects back when screen on or is it connected always ? In the latter case, how could that not drain the battery more ?

If you set your WIFI sleep policy to "never", it does what it says now. Theoretically, yes, it should consume more power but I didn't notice any significant battery drain after a few days on Patch 3. You can always set it to sleep when the screen is off.

WHERE ARE THE LOGS?!?!

having just had my 2nd wifi reboot today with patch5 (can't get gps to reboot for a change!) i'd be interested in the best way to get logs to you, as its totally true what you say, no logs means it could be something totally new (i doubt its the temperature problem).

from your earlier post, is this the best way to do it? is that going to still run in the background when you close the terminal emulator? you'd need to su first btw. would it be worth adding dmesg to that too?

edit: seems term minimises to the notification bar, so thats fine.

last_kmsg will be lost in a shutdown.

The easiest way to log would be with a simple script. I use the script below run from the terminal emulator app, but if you wanted it to run on every start you could add it to init.d (just realise it will overwrite the files at startup unless you add something unique to the file names eg. a timestamp).

# !/bin/sh

cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kmsg &

logcat > /sdcard/logcat

It wont run from /sdcard/, so I have it on /data/. Its not as good as last_kmsg as it will often not finish writing in a crash, but for the controlled shutdowns it should work fairly well.

Edited by sej7278

I can't get proximity to work using patch five. Tried full wipe (factory reset) and davlic and system format - still doesn't work. Gone back to 179 and it works. Any suggestions please?

Guest targetbsp

I can't get proximity to work using patch five. Tried full wipe (factory reset) and davlic and system format - still doesn't work. Gone back to 179 and it works. Any suggestions please?

You have to calibrate it using the zte blade settings app

i ran the logcat/kmsg script, didn't think anything was going to happen, i was playing with wifi and gps, maps and market, facebook, twitter etc; desperately trying to reproduce the wifi reboots i had.

then i gave up and put the phone on the table, and after a while it powered off completely with a vibrate!

can't see anything obvious in the kmsg, but logcat seems to point to it being a gps or battery issue, so possibly the false-overheat issue?

emailed to tom_g

just had a GPS reboot with GPS Status (patch5)

last entries in kmesg:

<4>[09-20 16:22:19.910000] [7: suspend][LY] send_bkl_address
<4>[09-20 16:22:19.910000] [7: suspend][LY] send_bkl_data
<6>[09-20 16:23:13.720000] [324: Binder Thread #]binder: 199:324 transaction failed 29189, size 56-0
<6>[09-20 16:23:13.720000] [324: Binder Thread #]binder: 199:324 transaction failed 29189, size 56-0
<3>[09-20 16:24:28.520000] [81: binder]binder: release proc 2548, transaction 124072, not freed
<6>[09-20 16:26:02.830000] [185: rild]rmnet_open()[/xml]

and in logcat:

[xml]

I/Ads ( 3224): Received ad url: <"url": "http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net:80/mads/gma?preqs=0&u_sd=1.5&slotname=a14ad64f203e4f2&u_w=320&msid=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&js=afma-sdk-a-v4.1.0&isu=B7D8C47BB76EE11B053AAAC11D28F3AD&format=320x50_mb&net=wi&app_name=52.android.com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en&u_h=533&u_audio=1&u_so=p&output=html&region=mobile_app&u_tz=-120&ex=1&client_sdk=1", "afmaNotifyDt": "null">
D/MediaUploader( 3264): UploaderApplication.onCreate
D/MediaUploader( 3264): nonWifiLimit=20971520, default=20971520
I/MediaUploader( 3264): No need to wake up
I/ActivityManager( 199): Start proc com.google.android.gm for broadcast com.google.android.gm/.downloadprovider.DownloadReceiver: pid=3275 uid=10060 gids={3003, 1015}
I/ActivityManager( 199): No longer want com.android.deskclock (pid 3026): hidden #16
D/dalvikvm( 138): GC_EXPLICIT freed 10K, 54% free 2494K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 121ms
D/dalvikvm( 138): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 54% free 2494K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 81ms
D/dalvikvm( 138): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 54% free 2494K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 46ms
I/ActivityThread( 3275): Pub gmail-ls: com.google.android.gm.provider.MailProvider
I/ActivityThread( 3275): Pub com.google.android.gm.attachmentspreviews: com.google.android.gm.AttachmentPreviewProvider
I/ActivityThread( 3275): Pub com.google.android.gmail.SuggestionProvider: com.google.android.gm.SuggestionsProvider
I/ActivityThread( 3275): Pub gmail-downloads: com.google.android.gm.downloadprovider.DownloadProvider
I/ActivityManager( 199): Start proc android.process.acore for content provider com.android.providers.contacts/.ContactsProvider2: pid=3287 uid=10002 gids={3003, 1015}
W/Ads ( 3224): IOException connecting to ad url.
W/Ads ( 3224): java.net.ConnectException: googleads.g.doubleclick.net/127.0.0.1:80 - Connection refused
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:207)
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:437)
W/Ads ( 3224): at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:983)
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpConnection.<init>(HttpConnection.java:75)
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpConnection.<init>(HttpConnection.java:48)
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpConnection$Address.connect(HttpConnection.java:322)
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpConnectionPool.get(HttpConnectionPool.java:89)
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnectionImpl.getHttpConnection(HttpURLConnectionImpl.java:285)
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnectionImpl.makeConnection(HttpURLConnectionImpl.java:267)
W/Ads ( 3224): at org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnectionImpl.connect(HttpURLConnectionImpl.java:205)
W/Ads ( 3224): at b.a(Unknown Source)
W/Ads ( 3224): at b.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
W/Ads ( 3224): at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:185)
W/Ads ( 3224): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:306)
W/Ads ( 3224): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
W/Ads ( 3224): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1088)
W/Ads ( 3224): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:581)
W/Ads ( 3224): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1019)
I/ActivityManager( 199): No longer want com.clov4r.android.nil (pid 3140): hidden #16
D/webviewglue( 3224): nativeDestroy view: 0x185c10
I/Ads ( 3224): onFailedToReceiveAd(A network error occurred.)
I/ActivityThread( 3287): Pub user_dictionary: com.android.providers.userdictionary.UserDictionaryProvider
I/ActivityThread( 3287): Pub com.android.social: com.android.providers.contacts.SocialProvider
I/ActivityThread( 3287): Pub applications: com.android.providers.applications.ApplicationsProvider
I/ActivityThread( 3287): Pub contacts;com.android.contacts: com.android.providers.contacts.ContactsProvider2
I/Database( 3287): sqlite returned: error code = 0, msg = Recovered 1457 frames from WAL file /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db-wal
I/Database( 3275): sqlite returned: error code = 0, msg = Recovered 33 frames from WAL file /data/data/com.google.android.gm/databases/downloads.db-wal
I/ActivityThread( 3287): Pub call_log: com.android.providers.contacts.CallLogProvider
I/ActivityManager( 199): No longer want com.android.packageinstaller (pid 3212): hidden #16
D/szipinf ( 3287): Initializing inflate state
D/dalvikvm( 3287): GC_CONCURRENT freed 153K, 51% free 2786K/5639K, external 0K/0K, paused 4ms+4ms
D/SntpClient( 199): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: europe.pool.ntp.org
D/libloc ( 199): loc_eng_data_conn_open APN name = [internet]
D/libloc ( 199): loc_eng_set_apn: APN Name = [internet]
D/libloc ( 199): loc_eng_deferred_action_thread signalled
D/libloc ( 199): loc_eng_ioctl for ATL open successful, APN name = [internet]
D/libloc ( 199): loc_eng_ioctl called: client = 0, ioctl_type = RPC_LOC_IOCTL_INFORM_SERVER_OPEN_STATUS
I/ActivityManager( 199): No longer want com.cyanogenmod.cmparts (pid 2453): hidden #16

Where should I send the logs?

just had annother with maps.... (I haven't had any gps reboots before this new kernel) attached the new logs (smaller) Logs

Edited by Geree

just had a GPS reboot with GPS Status (patch5)

last entries in kmesg:

Where should I send the logs?

benoe and i have sent logs to tom_g's gmail address from gerrit, not heard back yet though. hopefully he's got them.

i can't see much that's similar between the three of our logs, benoe's is p3 though.

i think p5 is less stable than p3+2 for some reason (temp fix?)

Edited by sej7278

Just so I understand, is the KANG rom compiled from nightly builds or 7.1.0-RC1 exactly + patches ?

my kang has the same patches as in nightly 201 (plus the missing libs!) but it also has the 2.6.35 kernel etc. mentioned in my signature below.

kangs are just called 7.1.0 RC1 to set them apart from nightlies, they're not actually RC1 which was months back (nightly 100 or earlier as i recall).

I couldn't reproduce the gps reboots again...it happened 2 times when first started GPS status and when first started maps...can be an uninitalized variable/setting or something similar?

I couldn't reproduce the gps reboots again...it happened 2 times when first started GPS status and when first started maps...can be an uninitalized variable/setting or something similar?

If you clean maps cache/data in settings > applications, next time you launch maps it'll be like it was the first time you were using it. I have done this before to get a gps reboot with maps reproduced.

If you clean maps cache/data in settings > applications, next time you launch maps it'll be like it was the first time you were using it. I have done this before to get a gps reboot with maps reproduced.

that's quite possibly a good technique, as i usually see maps reboots straight after getting a maps update (even with 2.6.32)

that's quite possibly a good technique, as i usually see maps reboots straight after getting a maps update (even with 2.6.32)

It worked one time...but secondly not (and of course I screwd up the logs first time) and didn't work with GPS Status..

Guest jackal-sk

Finally my new warranty replaced Blade is here. The KANG rom is a killer, new kernel rocks and the boot time is yummy! Great work on compiling the rom sej. GPS reboots are still present but its only a matter of time to get fixed i guess.

Guest mobile579

Is it normal to see the CM Skateboarder animation twice during phone start? (using the patch 3+2 from a couple of days ago) TIA

Edited by mobile579

Guest targetbsp

Hope this is temporary :/

You only have to do it once!

Is it normal to see the CM Skateboarder animation twice during phone start? (using the patch 3+2 from a couple of days ago) TIA

You sure you have 3plus2? Because 3plus2 was the version that fixed that...

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Ok, just pulled down nightly 201 and I can't register with Orange, no connection. IMEI comes up as unknown, ad yes I am on GEN2

The new nightlies are broken. Use N179 or the new kernel builds.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Strange that some of you had gps reboots cause I didn't have one on any of Sej's builds. No reboots at all for me (temp,gps,...). Well patch 5 is almost perfect for now. :)