[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

i just installed N202 and my radio seems to be permanently off. is there any problem with this firmware? which is the most stable "nightly" build to install?

Offcial nightly after N179 are still broken. Install leatest working official N179 or for tests builf from sej7278 with new kernel and patches updated after release N179.

Could everyone report about battery life in 179p7? At the moment i using the 179p3+ version. The batterylife on standby is awsome. But when i use the phone my battery drains fast. I tested it with and without overclock and i get the same result: much drain.

There is no app which drains the battery i controlled everything.

I hope with p7 this problem is fixed?

Guest jackal-sk

Could everyone report about battery life in 179p7? At the moment i using the 179p3+ version. The batterylife on standby is awsome. But when i use the phone my battery drains fast. I tested it with and without overclock and i get the same result: much drain.

I'm not sure about p7 yet, but p5 behaved the same way for me, when using the phone (not playing games) battery was down pretty quick.

Edited by jackal-sk

Yeah, most levels are usually fine. Angrybirds Rio, 2-8 seems to be causing trouble almost every time. And now P7 was lagging in almost all levels.

All seem fine here to, same performance as before :D

I've always experienced this on my phone, no matter what rom i use :D

Guest CaptainSpectacular

I've always experienced this on my phone, no matter what rom i use :D

Same here since forever. :D No problem (or almost no problem) on standby and fast drain on use. I'm happy that I'm not the only one in this situation.

Yes, but then you can't see s*it on the screen even inside :). I wonder why there is no bigger battery than 1400 mah, I'd pay whatever price for it...

Yea, but brightness at 100%, it realy eats the battery very fast. So you need do choose...

I still don't understand that sometimes when I'm on wifi, and start maps, wifi icon turns white, edge icon appears with data activity, and in the end it disappears again, and wifi turns green again.

Right now with p7 there is no reboot, but earlier, I think, reboot followed this behaviour.

post-218959-0-51116500-1316683311_thumb.

Edited by Benoe

I still don't understand that sometimes when I'm on wifi, and start maps, wifi icon turns white, edge icon appears with data activity, and in the end it disappears again, and wifi turns green again.

Right now with p7 there is no reboot, but earlier, I think, reboot followed this behaviour.

post-218959-0-51116500-1316683311_thumb.

The supl apn activates for data when gps is started.

Bluetooth - I understand that this hasn't worked properly since some issues were introduced at N171 (a much earlier post said this).

Does anyone know whether this is likely to be fixed? Maybe it isn't a common requirement, but it's a showstopper for me.

Thanks TomG, SEJ et al.

Had a bit of time on my hands so gave CM7 KANG p7 a whirl & found that Bluetooth now works again for me with my VW car kit :D

Thanks all!

Cheers, Paul

Got one reboot with Patch7 while playing Wordfeud, colours on the display got "mashed" and it rebooted. I updated from patch3+, patch5 and finally patch7, so no full wipe since patch3+. Maybe I should go for a full wipe again huh.gif

Got one reboot with Patch7 while playing Wordfeud, colours on the display got "mashed" and it rebooted. I updated from patch3+, patch5 and finally patch7, so no full wipe since patch3+. Maybe I should go for a full wipe again huh.gif

Sounds like you're overclocking, are you?

Guest juniperz

Bluetooth - I understand that this hasn't worked properly since some issues were introduced at N171 (a much earlier post said this).

Does anyone know whether this is likely to be fixed? Maybe it isn't a common requirement, but it's a showstopper for me.

Thanks TomG, SEJ et al.

Had a bit of time on my hands so gave CM7 KANG p7 a whirl & found that Bluetooth now works again for me with my VW car kit :D

Thanks all!

Cheers, Paul

Excellent news Paul - thanks. Will have to give it a try at the weekend (Audi)

Guest dariob74

Sorry, i don't read of many times the release of cm blade full nightly, and today i see that the new version is the 203......i can install this on my blade gen2 now or i first must install a file to change partion or other? i must excute only dalvik, wipe cache and data partition? i know that my english is not vey clear, i'm italian and my english is schoolastic and i don't like google translate

thanks for all

Sounds like you're overclocking, are you?

Yes I had overclocking on...was using smartass and 245Mhz->672Mhz. That makes sense, I thought that many people are using overclock, so why not :)

Guest targetbsp

Yes I had overclocking on...was using smartass and 245Mhz->672Mhz. That makes sense, I thought that many people are using overclock, so why not :)

Generally lots of us do overclock. But it's not ideal for stability testing a software update because you instantly throw in the unknown of 'is it the software or my overclock that caused the crash?'. Need to see if you can reproduce the issue at stock speed.

Generally lots of us do overclock. But it's not ideal for stability testing a software update because you instantly throw in the unknown of 'is it the software or my overclock that caused the crash?'. Need to see if you can reproduce the issue at stock speed.

Yupp, going to see now if i can reproduce it (hopefully not)

Yupp, going to see now if i can reproduce it (hopefully not)

Sorry, i don't read of many times the release of cm blade full nightly, and today i see that the new version is the 203......i can install this on my blade gen2 now or i first must install a file to change partion or other? i must excute only dalvik, wipe cache and data partition? i know that my english is not vey clear, i'm italian and my english is schoolastic and i don't like google translate

thanks for all

Answering in italian, it's easier for us :P

Hola! :D NO! Non installare la 203, le ultime nighlties sono fallate, non includono le librerie propietarie della ZTE. Puoi o installare la N179 (l'ultima funzionante) o usare una delle nuove KANG che stanno girando con il nuovo kernel, compilate da Sej. Le trovi qui:

http://www.the-jedi.co.uk/downloads/cm7/

In entrambi i casi, devi prima però cambiare le partizioni (e quindi perdere tutti i dati, a meno di non usare un backup su SD tipo Titanium). Il metodo più facile per cambiare le partizioni è il TPT: