[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest dariob74

Answering in italian, it's easier for us :P

Hola! :D NO! Non installare la 203, le ultime nighlties sono fallate, non includono le librerie propietarie della ZTE. Puoi o installare la N179 (l'ultima funzionante) o usare una delle nuove KANG che stanno girando con il nuovo kernel, compilate da Sej. Le trovi qui:

http://www.the-jedi..../downloads/cm7/

In entrambi i casi, devi prima però cambiare le partizioni (e quindi perdere tutti i dati, a meno di non usare un backup su SD tipo Titanium). Il metodo più facile per cambiare le partizioni è il TPT:

http://android.modac...n2-tpt-upgrade/

Grazie Jean85 sei davvero gentile, volevo un'info come sono queste kang come rom? io con la nightly? io con questa mi ci trovo benissimo, ho ancora la 165 e volevo aggiornarla, e pensavo che la 203 fosse un miglioramento delle precedenti...grazie mille

Guys, one question. Is it necessary to recalibrate the battery after an update from 179+p3+ to 179+p7?

Or is it the same procedure if i update from one nightly version to the next (no recalibration).

Because i only need to wipe the cache and dalvaik chache from 179+p3+ to 179+p7, so i don't need to recailibrate, or?

Edited by Guest

Guest ffoxsake

Guys, one question. Is it necessary to recalibrate the battery after an update from 179+p3+ to 179+p7?

Or is it the same procedure if i update from one nightly version to the next (no recalibration).

Because i only need to wipe the cache and dalvaik chache from 179+p3+ to 179+p7, so i don't need to recailibrate, or?

I've got into the habit of recalibrating the battery after every flash now. Don't rush to do it, but whenever the first full mains charge has gone in anytime after a flash.

Seems to help, but might just be a placebo effect...

Guest titus.groan

Hello guys,

To all of you experiencing battery drain on Nightly 179p7, can you confirm please if your symptoms are similar to mine? My OSF seems to sleep for about 5 seconds before waking up, and going inmediately back to sleep (screen off all the time), restarting the pattern. This does not register as a wake lock in Spare parts, nor in BetterBatteryStats. Spare parts only shows that the phone has been running 40% of the time, in comparison with the screen-on time which is just 7%... A quick and dirty aLogCat would seem to pinpoint the compass as a culprit (although I have never used it nor the GPS since the complete wipe).

Searching about AKMD2 in this forum, i read about disabling the Auto-rotation, but I always disable it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

And of course, a big thank you to all the amazing developers!!!

EDIT: Third wipe, and it seems it sleeps properly now... So it must be an application. Sorry for the false alarm!

Edited by titus.groan

Searching about AKMD2 in this forum, i read about disabling the Auto-rotation, but I always disable it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

And of course, a big thank you to all the amazing developers!!!

It seems that compass uses your battery.

Did you install any compass or GPS app?

Something is still wrong with temperature reading..I was checking something in SpareParts, when saw the following:

(The phone wasn't charging it it had been sleeping for a while prior this, so wasn't obviously overheated.)

screenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpg

It took about 2 minutes to "cool down" so it wasn't a one-time false reading, it went from 63 - 57 - 39 - 27..

I only could start logging right after noticing it, but I attached the logs.

logs_new.zip

Guest targetbsp

Something is still wrong with temperature reading..I was checking something in SpareParts, when saw the following:

(The phone wasn't charging it it had been sleeping for a while prior this, so wasn't obviously overheated.)

I think it's known it does that following sleep? As far as I'm aware the trick has been in making it not shut down due to those false readings vs ZTE's approach which is to ignore temp readings completely.

Edited by targetbsp

I think it's known it does that following sleep? As far as I'm aware the trick has been in making it not shut down due to those false readings vs ZTE's approach which is to ignore temp readings completely.

yes it was some time after wakeup...but I didn't think that logs so long (~2 mins?)

then what is the threshold? when will it shutdown in case a real overheating?

Edited by Geree

Guest titus.groan

It seems that compass uses your battery.

Did you install any compass or GPS app?

You are right, it seems an app is behind the problem. I've wiped a third time, and it sleeps properly. Thanks!

Edited by titus.groan

Guest targetbsp

yes it was some time after wakeup...but I didn't think that logs so long (~2 mins?)

then what is the threshold? when will it shutdown in case a real overheating?

It's not time based in the new patch:

It's not time based in the new patch:

Let's see how long it takes before zte picks that one up ;)

btw: no problems with patchset7 here so far :D Just one minor thing.. is it just me or are the menus etc. more jerky with it than the previous ones? I'm NOT complaining, just wondering? ..never mind :)

Edited by sm4tik

Sorry, I should have clarified that. Nope, it happens fresh out of a full wipe, not even with Maps installed. I have repeated the clean install just to be sure. If I remember correctly, this battery drain started for me around Patch2. I've got a converted Gen1 OSF TFT, but I will try to install that on a newer white Blade...

Then it's some kind of akmd2 bug.

akmd2 is responsible for sensors.

I guess the new Blade has different sensors.

Wait for someone expert.

Can someone do me a favor, please?

If there's one thing that's been pissing me off with blade, it's been the really annoying digital crackling noise in parts of a song where it's almost silent (easy to hear when playing a song that fades in/out). From how it sounds, I've suspected it to be a software thing but never looked deeper into it. I've not used the player that much and dsp manager a whole lot less, but after compiling with this patch (oops, wrong link!) this patch, I went ahead to play with the eq and realized while it was on, the crackle was all gone! Could someone test whether the current, un-patched eq kills the crackle too or is it actually the patch? Doesn't matter which nightly or kang you're on, eq needs only to be on, doesn't matter what preset you use (I just have it flat). ..never going to turn it off again, that's for sure B)

No particular reason for the test, just would like to know whether it's the patch or if I've just been stupid enough to not play with the eq in a silent room before :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest SkiesOfAzel

Can someone do me a favor, please?

If there's one thing that's been pissing me off with blade, it's been the really annoying digital crackling noise in parts of a song where it's almost silent (easy to hear when playing a song that fades in/out). From how it sounds, I've suspected it to be a software thing but never looked deeper into it. I've not used the player that much and dsp manager a whole lot less, but after compiling with this patch (oops, wrong link!) this patch, I went ahead to play with the eq and realized while it was on, the crackle was all gone! Could someone test whether the current, un-patched eq kills the crackle too or is it actually the patch? Doesn't matter which nightly or kang you're on, eq needs only to be on, doesn't matter what preset you use (I just have it flat). ..never going to turn it off again, that's for sure B)

No particular reason for the test, just would like to know whether it's the patch or if I've just been stupid enough to not play with the eq in a silent room before :)

If you are talking about the noise that can be heard just before a song starts, when it ends or even when you pause a track, it still there... I always thought that it's a h/w fault (crappy dac) since it has been present from day one, even with the official eclair rom. Bad sound quality (through headphones) is one of the reasons i am thinking of replacing my blade with something else, so this sounds interesting to me (pun intended ;)).

Guest mauritzius

i recently updated to the p7 build and i have the feeling that my light sensor is lagging: it takes forever, over a minute, until the brightness has adjusted to the ambient light. this is particularly annoying in direct sunlight....

all advanced auto-brightness settings like filtering are turned off, just auto brightness is enabled. in n169+ it was working properly.

anyone else experiencing this issue? or any suggestions?

thanks

EDIT: I just installed AndroSensor to check the raw values: It takes forever until the light value changes when exposing the blade to a strong light source.

EDIT2: After another cache & dalvik cache wipe, it now seems that the sensor is working, but the backlight is not adjusted: Raw values are reported with only a minimal delay and the button backlight comes on when entering low light conditions. However, the backlight brightness is never really reduced. strange!?

Edited by mauritzius

i recently updated to the p7 build and i have the feeling that my light sensor is lagging: it takes forever, over a minute, until the brightness has adjusted to the ambient light. this is particularly annoying in direct sunlight....

all advanced auto-brightness settings like filtering are turned off, just auto brightness is enabled. in n169+ it was working properly.

anyone else experiencing this issue? or any suggestions?

thanks

EDIT: I just installed AndroSensor to check the raw values: It takes forever until the light value changes when exposing the blade to a strong light source.

EDIT2: After another cache & dalvik cache wipe, it now seems that the sensor is working, but the backlight is not adjusted: Raw values are reported with only a minimal delay and the button backlight comes on when entering low light conditions. However, the backlight brightness is never really reduced. strange!?

Works fine with my blade, the screen reacts within 2-3 seconds (patch 7, full wipe).. have you checked the "allow light decrease" box in [cyanogedmod settings/ display/ automatic backlight]? That has to be on for the screen to dim.

@rockstarszzzz:

The lightsensor thing can be tweaked with the filtering settings. At least mine reacts quickly.

Edited by jolleri

Guest rockstarszzzz

On patch 7

the light sensor isn't working immediately. It's like the phone doesn't realise that it's out in the sun and then back in the car. - wipe, reboot - nothing worked.

also, the battery calibration has given me tears in my eyes! It goes to 100% I reboot, it's 100% and as soon as I wipe my battery stats and reboot, it goes to 88-92% !!

Other than that : It's getting better. It's smooth, it's fast, it feels light and it feels new!

Edited by rockstarszzzz

screenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpg

It took about 2 minutes to "cool down" so it wasn't a one-time false reading, it went from 63 - 57 - 39 - 27..

I only could start logging right after noticing it, but I attached the logs.

The root problem is not something we can fix. It appears not to be a kernel bug, the values returned by the hardware are incorrect. Looking at your log it didn't get 'hot' enough that it would have tried shutting down. If the Android framework sees a value over 68 it triggers a shutdown, so the trick is to not return a value over 68 unless it really is overheating. We could cap the value lower, but at what point do we cap it, by letting them go up to 68 at least you can see when it is incorrect. The ZTE roms (and all roms based on them) also apparently get these incorrect values they just don't shutdown from it, indicating that ZTE have disabled (or modified) the code in the framework that should handle overheating.

Edited by Tom G

If you are talking about the noise that can be heard just before a song starts, when it ends or even when you pause a track, it still there... I always thought that it's a h/w fault (crappy dac) since it has been present from day one, even with the official eclair rom. Bad sound quality (through headphones) is one of the reasons i am thinking of replacing my blade with something else, so this sounds interesting to me (pun intended ;)).

Just to make clear, I mean while you play a song that fades in (easier to hear if you can find a song that does this slowly), the silent part is ok (maybe.. or then there is a high pitch squeeeeee) but when there is even the slightest sound on the track I'm hearing an almost modem-like zztwwggigzshshzt sound. The zwiggling crackle disappears if volume exceeds a certain (quite low) level. Now that I've played more with it, turning on eq doesn't take it all out, but does make a big difference! Pausing a song still produces additional noise/sqeeking.. depending on what's going on when you do it??

For sure, blade's got crappy audio h/w, but now I know there is a way to do something about it :)

edit: this is just something that I found interesting, but still I wouldn't recommend a blade for listening music in a million years :P

Edited by sm4tik