[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Hi,

it seems some Libras sold as "WayteQ-ZTE Libra" (see for example Amazon.de) are equipped with camera hardware different from the one used in the Blade or in other models labelled as "Libra"... Camera is not working (as it does not in GSF and other custom roms based on the new kernel): "Cannot connect to camera". The above listed camera drivers are integrated in the stock 2.2.2 froyo rom where the camera works fine.

I have a Portuguese version of ZTE Libra called "Sapo A5". I need to test the new Kernel in Nightly 208 to check if the camera works.

Edited by Revenge

314MB for partition Data seems like TPT v4.

I convert to GEN2 a few months back with TPT v4 with system 136MB and have 4MB free on it after flash N208 so for now is OK. I don't delete nothing from zip because I always download and flash with ROM Manager.

Great. Thanks!

Yeah. There aren't different sizes to choose from as such. It's just newer versions of the same utility have more system space.

Ah I see. Thanks for the info.

I have a Portuguese version of ZTE Libra called "Sapo A5". I need to test the new Kernel in Nightly 208 to check if the camera works.

Are you sure, Sapo A5 is a ZTE Libra? As far as i know, it's a ZTE Blade. I've been playing around with a few of them for a few months, and i'm almost sure it's a Blade.

The only difference from the original ZTE Blade sold in Portugal, "Optimus San Francisco" is the 5mpx camera.

Are you sure, Sapo A5 is a ZTE Libra? As far as i know, it's a ZTE Blade. I've been playing around with a few of them for a few months, and i'm almost sure it's a Blade.

The only difference from the original ZTE Blade sold in Portugal, "Optimus San Francisco" is the 5mpx camera.

Sapo A5 is the portuguese version of the Blade. :)

Guest kirkintokyo

Possible bug report for nightly 208 and kangp7

After starting up the phone there is no mobile data connection, then after turning turning mobile data off then on again in the settings it works. After reboot back to square one.

My apn type in set to mms only as i have an expensive data plan, i use wifi for internet and mobile data for mms only.

Can anybody else repeat this bug? Or know how to edit the config so it works after reboot?

Thanks in advanced.

You are wrong. Optimus San Francisco is the Zte Blade, Sapo A5 is the Zte Libra. I have 100% sure.

Also you can check it here:

Antutu benchmark is very low on this latest nightly - n208 - score of 1501 overclocked to 729Mhz... Oo

On nightly 179, overclocked to same 729Mhz, scored 1635... :unsure:

The graphics part of it seems to be the choker here...

Also... USB plugged in when rebooting CM7 seems to hang it, when pulling the cable, handset reboots....

Edited by t0mm13b

To me the score on antutu benchmark is 1625 (604Mhz), 2D graphics 299 and 3D graphics 495. n208 too

Strange! Considering your speed is normal unclocked, whereas mine is clocked to 729Mhz ....

Now that's weird! :lol:

Here's the piccie in case anyone find it hard to believe!

n208.png

Edited by t0mm13b

Did you bench more than once? My first bench of Antutu is always pretty random then the 2nd onwards seem fairly consistent.

Forgive my ignorance but...

Why would you want to bench more than once... that's like saying, for the first time,

"Let's pump up the blade with steroids, increase muscle density/mass, run it through the benchmark"...

Docs in white coats with clipboard go "hmmm...results bit offish",

"right lads, lets pump even more steroids...." and go whoaaa!!!

That to me sounds.. as if being selective on the timing prior to benching... as in

"let's relax a bit lads..." then run it through again at full steam.... or possibly something is being calibrated inside the benchmarking program for the next run.... ? Don't understand that myself!

:lol:

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest targetbsp

Try it. Something screws up in the first run. My first run is always random. It can be 1300. it can be 1800. Then the next 10 will be consistent. On my phone at least I could not use the first run to compare 2 different roms. The margin of error exceeds the difference any rom change will make by miles. I'm suggesting you consistently ditch the first one - not all low ones.

No one uses a single benchmark run for testing any product. You'll generally take multiple and average them in case something disturbs one of the runs. That's not falsifying your benchmark, that's removing or reducing the effect an erroneous bench will have on your opinion of the product.

Edited by targetbsp

Try it. Something screws up in the first run. My first run is always random. It can be 1300. it can be 1800. Then the next 10 will be consistent. On my phone at least I could not use the first run to compare 2 different roms. The margin of error exceeds the difference any rom change will make by miles. I'm suggesting you consistently ditch the first one - not all low ones.

No one uses a single benchmark run for testing any product. You'll generally take multiple and average them in case something disturbs one of the runs. That's not falsifying your benchmark, that's removing or reducing the effect an erroneous bench will have on your opinion of the product.

Thanks for the interesting explanation... that should be made stickied somewhere for others to understand how to use it properly :)

+1 from me :)

Strange! Considering your speed is normal unclocked, whereas mine is clocked to 729Mhz ....

Now that's weird! :lol:

Here's the piccie in case anyone find it hard to believe!

n208.png

Maybe it is for the sd card.

My results:

RAM 111

CPU integer 200

CPU float-point 145

2D graphics 299

3D graphics 495

Database IO 135

SD card write (5.3 MB/s) 53

SD card read (19.4 MB/s) 187

Total score 1625

I think the overclock only affects to cpu integer and float point, and maybe on ram too, but no on graphics because depends of gpu.

I updated to nightly 208 from 146 and now when I'm in a call the screen does not come on automatically when I take the phone away from my ear (it will if I hit the home key but then it remains on until I hit the power button). I read that a proximity calibration can fix this. How do I do this?

If I do a proximity calibration and then decide I want to revert back to my old settings with Nandroid will I get my old proximity calibrations back as well?

I haven't been erasing data when switching roms.

I updated to nightly 208 from 146 and now when I'm in a call the screen does not come on automatically when I take the phone away from my ear (it will if I hit the home key but then it remains on until I hit the power button). I read that a proximity calibration can fix this. How do I do this?

If I do a proximity calibration and then decide I want to revert back to my old settings with Nandroid will I get my old proximity calibrations back as well?

I haven't been erasing data when switching roms.

Look in 'Zte Blade Settings' found in the App Drawer, tap on 'Proximity Sensor calibration' and you're done :)

Guest Amphoras

well thanks for the reply ive been watching watching the thread and there seems a few members about how seem to care on almost anything and dont seem to think my problem warrants a reply thanks anyway glad to know im not alone and my advice roll back to gsf

I've had this a couple of times on various roms. No idea what causes it, but reflashing the rom has always fixed it.

Guest mELIANTE

I've had this a couple of times on various roms. No idea what causes it, but reflashing the rom has always fixed it.

It happened once to me. A reboot was all it needed to get the home key working.

Guest Kamikaze.

Okay. I have a prob with USB-tethering. So after changing to P7, my usb tether worked like a charm(CM7.1 couple weeks ago, and GSF 26 in the last two weeks i guess..), but now my com won't activate the connection(Sorry my bad explanation :rolleyes:). I know this is so old noobish queston, but I just tought, that maybe you guys would know sumthin'...

ATM i'm using EasyTeher Pro(bought back in Eclair days...), it woks, but it's not so fast... And it closes the connection all the time...

:huh:

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Does anybody else have issue with GPS lock down? It seems to go fine the first time and then it stays on draining a LOT of battery. When manually switched off, it never reconnected. I'm on N208. Clean install, everything wiped, memory card formatted too!