[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Pelemanne

I also have few Power with 209 and 210. Antutu says ~1650pts @729mhz. I run it five times.

In 179p7 i have about 1750 to 1830 points.

For me its not ok.

Fullwipe is done before flashing.

There's a problem with performance and battery duration in n209 and 210 compared

to 179p7.

I agree pts 1600 -1650 n209/n210 and 1750 -1800/179p7 @748MHz.

Edited by Pelemanne

did you wipe cache and dalvik cahce?

your download may have been corrupted. try redownloading the ROM.

you must understand, you're the only one with this issue so it's up to you to do it right.

yes I wiped everything what can be.

ok, try to download the file again

thx!

After Profiles: Add the ability to override connections (2/2) got merged, I've not been able to build. The process exits with

target R.java/Manifest.java: Settings (out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/src/R.stamp)

aapt: warning: string 'bluetooth_discoverable_duration_summary' has no default translation in packages/apps/Settings/res; found: es it ru zh_CN

aapt: warning: string 'bluetooth_discoverable_duration_title' has no default translation in packages/apps/Settings/res; found: es it ru zh_CN

target Java: Settings (out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/classes)

packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/ProfileConfig.java:20: cannot find symbol

symbol  : class ConnectionSettings

import android.app.ConnectionSettings;

^

(...rest here)

Any suggestions, whatamI missing?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest dariob74

Boot on Recovery (Clockworkmod)

1. Wipe Cache Partition
  2. Goto Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
  3. Goto mounts and storage and format /system
  4. Goto install Zip from sdcard and select the 209 rom you downloaded.
  5. Reboot and flash Google Apps again.

Now you have new ROM working and all of your installed APPS running fine.

This procedure saved me from alot of troubles.

i have read and done this procedure and it work perfectly, but with the 210 nightly the sensor of proximity don't work very fine.......when i end a call i cannot see the display...how can i resolve this problem? thanks

sorry for my schoolastic english

Guest ritterkeks

@dariob74: if proximity is not working, launch "ZTE Blade Settings" from the drawer and press "calibrate sensor" (do not cover the sensor when doing so) - this app has been added exactly for this issue

i have read and done this procedure and it work perfectly, but with the 210 nightly the sensor of proximity don't work very fine.......when i end a call i cannot see the display...how can i resolve this problem? thanks

sorry for my schoolastic english

You need to recalibrate the proximity sensor with Zte Blade Settings app. Just hit "Proximity sensor calibration", wait for the notification and you should be done.

edit: duh.. late..

Edited by sm4tik

Not sure if in correct topic and did a search but could not find solution.

Just about a week ago I upgraded my Gen1 San Francisco to Gen 2 using Cyanogen Mod 7.1 RC Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT. I have been using it for a week and happy with the new gen 2 rom and all appeared to be working fine. That was until today this morning when disconnecting phone from charger it rebooted so I let t reboot, did not notice anything wrong. Later in day I noticed that on home screen icon for applications is not there and if i try pressing on where icon was I get "no application defined yet drop something here" . The phone works fine otherwise but I just cannot access any of my applications apart from the ones that have shortcuts. How do I get application icon back on home screen is there a quick fix or do I have to reflash phone again. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest dariob74

yes I wiped everything what can be.

ok, try to download the file again

thx!

oh no you not are the one that have this problem...i have the your same problem and i came of 165 nightly

Guest dariob74

@dariob74: if proximity is not working, launch "ZTE Blade Settings" from the drawer and press "calibrate sensor" (do not cover the sensor when doing so) - this app has been added exactly for this issue

i don't find in the drawer "ZTE Blade setting".....where is this?

i don't find in the drawer "ZTE Blade setting".....where is this?

if you don't have that then i'd say you're still running an old nightly like before 179 even. bad flash perhaps?

Guest dariob74

if you don't have that then i'd say you're still running an old nightly like before 179 even. bad flash perhaps?

the last nightly before 209/210 is the 165.....must i wipe and cache data and reinstall all application? thanks

Guest targetbsp

Just about a week ago I upgraded my Gen1 San Francisco to Gen 2 using Cyanogen Mod 7.1 RC Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT. I have been using it for a week and happy with the new gen 2 rom and all appeared to be working fine. That was until today this morning when disconnecting phone from charger it rebooted so I let t reboot, did not notice anything wrong. Later in day I noticed that on home screen icon for applications is not there and if i try pressing on where icon was I get "no application defined yet drop something here" . The phone works fine otherwise but I just cannot access any of my applications apart from the ones that have shortcuts. How do I get application icon back on home screen is there a quick fix or do I have to reflash phone again. Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds like you've accessed the hidden dock in your launcher. I can't actually remember how you get the main one back because I always turned the feature off for that exact reason lol. It's likely to be a swiping action of some description.

Guest dariob74

i came back to the 179....i have format/wipe/delvik but the sensor proximity don't function fine with 209.......all ok i have installed the 179 nightly and the sensor is ok very well

thanks.....i wait that the 210 and over sensor function perfectly because i have read that not only to me this problem is present

sorry for my schoolastic english i hope that it's clear what i've write

Edited by dariob74

Guest Lost_Animal

I came from stock froyo

Gen 2

Partiton size i don't have an idea about this

Yes checked it with AFV.

OK..

Then please try the next steps...

Boot on Recovery (Clockworkmod)

• Wipe Cache Partition
  • Goto Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Goto mounts and storage and format /system
  • Goto install Zip from sdcard and select the 209 rom you downloaded.
  • Reboot and flash Google Apps again.

Now you have new ROM working and all of your installed APPS running fine.

This procedure saved me from alot of troubles.

That sounds like you've accessed the hidden dock in your launcher. I can't actually remember how you get the main one back because I always turned the feature off for that exact reason lol. It's likely to be a swiping action of some description.

Thanks targetbsp

Tried various swipes holding down at bottom of screen and low and behold app icon reappears. But the dialler and browser icons disappeared. But getting into app screen I managed to create shortcuts. Then while trying to recreate what I did to made icons disappear/reappear I lost app icon again. I did a search for hidden dock on this thread and found post 3547 and with a bit of trial and error and a lot of luck I managed to get dialler, App and browser dock back. Still not sure what I did to lose and get back hidden dock. How do you turn off the feature.

Guest julianpaul

the hidden dock is just awesome. gives you two docks, kinda like two homescreens, with minimal clutter. it is a bit tricky untill you get the hang of it. and unless desktop is locked (menu-more-lock desktop), you will often end up dragging icons to your desktop. The way to bring up the dock is to swipe-UP from the bottom edge of the screen. to hide it and show the main dock, swipe-DOWN on the hidden dockbar till the bottom edge of the screen.

Although from nivag57's post with the error 'no application defined yet drop something here'. what has happened is that he's lost his 'open/close app drawer' icon. the solution is simple. long-press on a blank area of the desktop (or press the menu button and then 'add'), hit 'launcher actions' and then tap 'open/close app drawer'. now drag this icon to the blank area of the dock and you're back in business!

Guest julianpaul

Thanks targetbsp

Tried various swipes holding down at bottom of screen and low and behold app icon reappears. But the dialler and browser icons disappeared. But getting into app screen I managed to create shortcuts. Then while trying to recreate what I did to made icons disappear/reappear I lost app icon again. I did a search for hidden dock on this thread and found post 3547 and with a bit of trial and error and a lot of luck I managed to get dialler, App and browser dock back. Still not sure what I did to lose and get back hidden dock. How do you turn off the feature.

dang, i was stuck on page 452 and didn't see this post till i posted the other one.

as i said, the hidden dockbar is a bit tricky to show/hide till you get the hang of how to swipe it, but if you sill want to disable it, go to settings-adwlauncher-ui settings and scroll down to hideen dockbar.

Guest Nivag57

When you get the hang of the swipe dock works ok. Simple when you know how. Was pulling my hair out earlier thinking it was broke. Managed to get app launcher back by copying onto hidden dock. Thanks to everyone for help.

dang, i was stuck on page 452 and didn't see this post till i posted the other one.

as i said, the hidden dockbar is a bit tricky to show/hide till you get the hang of how to swipe it, but if you sill want to disable it, go to settings-adwlauncher-ui settings and scroll down to hideen dockbar.

Guest sej7278

After Profiles: Add the ability to override connections (2/2) got merged, I've not been able to build.

it seems to be building ok for me today (ooh android 2.3.7) looks like you've missed some translations or something in the sync there, or possibly only got the 2nd half of that commit?

you're not using java 1.7 or anything nasty?

post-839039-0-19830300-1317462663_thumb.

Edited by sej7278

Guest wishmasterf

it seems to be building ok for me today (ooh android 2.3.7) looks like you've missed some translations or something in the sync there, or possibly only got the 2nd half of that commit?

i saw that android 2.3.7 loose tethering feature (bug or removed, we do not know). Is the tethering feature also removed in cyanogenmod?

oh no you not are the one that have this problem...i have the your same problem and i came of 165 nightly

if proximity is not working, launch "ZTE Blade Settings" from the drawer and press "calibrate sensor"

it helped for me :)

Guest sm4tik

post-839039-0-19830300-1317462663_thumb.

Nope, it's not the translations nor am I using java 1.7. This seems to be the relevant part:

packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/ProfileConfig.java:20: cannot find symbol

symbol  : class ConnectionSettings

import android.app.ConnectionSettings;

^

edit: Duh.. I was trying to build with another patch from gerrit using "check-out", and you were right sej, the other part of the Profiles commit in framework wasn't picked up because of that! Problem solved (will have to build to be sure though) :)

btw: I still get

fatal: Unable to look up android.git.kernel.org (port 9418) (Name or service not known)

error: Cannot fetch repo

occationally when syncing the repo. Second attempt works just fine. Is this normal?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest targetbsp

Hi,

Can anyone find the link to download the 2.3.7 KANG n210plus?

Thanks

I'm not sure such a thing exists? 'Plus' is normally what Sej calls his builds and he hasn't released one: http://android.modac...ost__p__1814326

As we don't have the hardware for google wallet I don't think there's any pressing reason to rush to get 2.3.7 faster than the next nightly. :)

Edited by targetbsp