[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

thanks confusing tho :D but ill figure it

There's a screenshot or spreadsheet (much) earlier in this thread with recommended settings for the Blade. I can't provide them because I use my own preferred settings having walked around various light sources and setting the screen how I want for those light levels. :D

Guest rockstarszzzz

Quick question - where can I find a clean, simple fat green circle battery mod for CM7? I am having difficulty applying the Frankish themes.

Also, installing the themes via the .apk does not result in them appearing in the theme chooser..

Basically where to find and how to install themes? Thanks in advance!

You can find themes in market by the search word 'cm7 themes'

And same words for searching on XDA forum will give you plenty of results.

Only themes compatible to tmobile theme engine can be applied via theme chooser.

Guest snowbord

Nice one, thanks. I'm liking CM7 so far.. plus (at last) it seems to be pretty stable and battery life seems good!

Edited by snowbord

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8440

Is the 16 bit now optional then? So people can choose between smooth scrolling and the visual artifacts some have mentioned in certain apps? I'll keep the smoothness so just asking out of curiosity really as not in a position to install it just now.

Yes, 16bpp is now optional. At the moment it defaults to disabled and will be slower. I will be submitting a patch to default it to enabled for blade since I think that will be the preferred setting, but it will still be a simple checkbox to disable if the draw problems cause any serious issues.

Guest targetbsp

Yes, 16bpp is now optional. At the moment it defaults to disabled and will be slower. I will be submitting a patch to default it to enabled for blade since I think that will be the preferred setting, but it will still be a simple checkbox to disable if the draw problems cause any serious issues.

It's good to now be able to easily compare the 2. and having done so, enabled is better IMO too!

Guest hedgepigdaniel

When I enabled it scrolling was worse in my humble opinion. It seemed the frame rate was higher but movement was jerky - rather like bad 3:2 pulldown.

Guest targetbsp

It really doesn't matter. Nothing substantial has changed Blade-wise since N206 (which was a big and good change!). If you like new versions, get a new version. If you don't, don't. :)

Really only you can make a decision as to whether the changes from the changelog and features people are talking about over the past few pages are worth the time it would take you to update. :)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Kamikaze.

Wow! I'm suprised. CM7 hasn't "automatically" rebooted for a long time. I'd say N2##'s are as stable as gsf! No problems for now on except the camera(tho I dont normally take so much pix on my phone, but it would still be nice feature...). Soon will be flashing 216 :)

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest azentner

Hi,

I installed Nighty 213 the other day, and in most aspects this ROM is fantastic. It's fast and stable and I really like the new lock-screen rings theme.

I've only got two issues with this rom:

1. The lack of the local calendar (My Calendar). I really need it for synchronizing my Outlook, as I can't have my stuff uploaded to the web.

2. It won't connect to the PEAP Wifi at work! I know I'm using the correct login information, security credentials etc. but it just won't establish a connection.

Due to these two issues, I reverted back to the CAE1.0 ROM which has the local calendar, and connects to the same PEAP Wifi with no problems.

Has anyone else ran into the PEAP Wifi problem with the newer CM7 ROMs?

I've even considered downloading the source code of the ROM and see if I can figure out how to add a local calendar to the existing one... But since I've never dealt with the Android source code, let alone compile it, I'm pretty sure it'll be a hard long process. So it won't really help me in the short run.

If anyone knows how to solve these issues, or has any tips I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks.

Guest ritterkeks

2. It won't connect to the PEAP Wifi at work! I know I'm using the correct login information, security credentials etc. but it just won't establish a connection.

Im still on n210 and PEAP works fine here.

But I have had problems with older ROMS, MCR froyo, maybe even stock^^.

Somehow this problem vanished.

Have you tried deleting the (saved) network and create it again?

Back then, when clicking a PEAP network on the list crashed the app, it helped for me to create the network MANUALLY, at the end of the list.

A also have tried to import the certificate instead of using nothing, but on CM it has always worked without.

Hi,

I installed Nighty 213 the other day, and in most aspects this ROM is fantastic. It's fast and stable and I really like the new lock-screen rings theme.

I've only got two issues with this rom:

1. The lack of the local calendar (My Calendar). I really need it for synchronizing my Outlook, as I can't have my stuff uploaded to the web.

Due to these two issues, I reverted back to the CAE1.0 ROM which has the local calendar, and connects to the same PEAP Wifi with no problems.

Has anyone else ran into the PEAP Wifi problem with the newer CM7 ROMs?

I've even considered downloading the source code of the ROM and see if I can figure out how to add a local calendar to the existing one... But since I've never dealt with the Android source code, let alone compile it, I'm pretty sure it'll be a hard long process. So it won't really help me in the short run.

If anyone knows how to solve these issues, or has any tips I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks.

surely there are a few calendar apps on the market that would be suitable.

Correct auto brightness levels:

Do those values work well for everyone? We stopped trying to get light values correct a long time ago when every change resulted in a new group of people complaining. If those work someone should submit a patch to change the defaults.

Guest targetbsp

Do those values work well for everyone? We stopped trying to get light values correct a long time ago when every change resulted in a new group of people complaining. If those work someone should submit a patch to change the defaults.

Well, those are the ones that get re-linked throughout this thread by anyone having issues with auto-brightness and they always seem happy with them. And although I don't personally use them (I have a fairly unusual auto-brightness preference!), they do also work well for me (better than the current defaults IIRC).

However, whether there are a group of users who have never looked at them because they get on fine with the current values who will then have complain if those linked become the new defaults... :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest snowbord

Wow! I'm suprised. CM7 hasn't "automatically" rebooted for a long time. I'd say N2##'s are as stable as gsf! No problems for now on except the camera(tho I dont normally take so much pix on my phone, but it would still be nice feature...). Soon will be flashing 216 :)

Could someone please clarify what the supposed problem with the camera is? I'm using N216, and if anything the camera is better than the normal e.g. GSF camera (2x zoom, timer delay etc.).

Guest rukanito

I installed the nightly 216 and i have 2 problems.

1) my contacts on SIM card doesnt appear...

2) when i go configure the google account he asks someting about server after i write the mail and password, in other roms its so mutch easy...

Edited by rukanito

Guest rockstarszzzz

I installed the nightly 206 and i have 2 problems.

2) when i go configure the google account he asks someting about server after i write the mail and password, in other roms its so mutch easy...

Why don't you try 216 instead?

I installed the nightly 206 and i have 2 problems.

You need to flash Gapps. In older releases they were allowed to have gapps enbedded in the ROMs, but not anymore.

Download it from here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps

or do it via ROM Manager.

Edited by SpajX