[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest rockstarszzzz

Just installed N217 because that was the newest version availible. I did wipe data/cache and dalvik. But i'm already turning back to GSF. I don't like the looks i'm prefer to let it be simple. Also i noticed, this might be because i just installed it, that it was a lot slower than my previos GSF B26. Also i couldnt find the market very easily, first i thought it was missing. I will stick with GSF B26 for at least a little while..

If this was your first CM7 install, I think you will feel this way.

But the known fact is: The market doesn't come pre-installed. You have to install 'Google Apps' via ROM manager in CM7.

Also, it IS as good as GSF by default but I think it takes time to realise this fact.

Tip (since I am a Flash junkie) : Never judge the ROM in less than 24 hours, Never! You will miss out on a real good ROM some day..

I flashed N217 and seems to be OK.

so no bugs like any FCs or lagging or scrolling problems?

and the performance is good?

and do tell abt the battery life after u tested the whole ROM

Guest Simono

No FC or other bugs. I switched to 16bit and test it, and for now all seems to be OK. For battery test is to early, but I previosuely used N213 and battery life was good.

Edited by Simono

Please!

Can somebody tell me what "16-bit mode" means,and how can I enable it? Because i searched for the solve, but i didnt find it.

I use nightly 213

No FC or other bugs. I switched to 16bit and test it, and for now all seems to be OK. For battery test is to early, but I previosuely used N213 and battery life was good.

ok thanks

Will flash 216/217 and see if its any better than 208 for me :)

Guest azentner

Add a new calendar. Go into the calendars list. Set it not to sync.

I don't see how to do that.

I don't know how to add a calendar to the phone, and adding one to my Google Calendar doesn't help.

The thing is that Android does not allow a calendar to be visible without it being synced to the Web. There are three options for each calendar: Synced/Synced+Visible/Neither.

So either it's synced or you don't see it.

I understand Google's idea as they want to aggregate as much information as they can, it's just not what I want.

Thanks.

@t181

You can enable it on CM Settings in group performance :) and it is in nightly N216 and later.

And what is this? what does it?

Because i dont want to upgrade my n213 unnecessary.

Guest mr_mufy

Hi people.

I have installed the CM nightly 217 and have a dificultty to find were i can do the activation of S2e our the a2sd.

Were I can do that activation, i need that function.

I leave the GSF B27.

Edited by mr_mufy

Guest rockstarszzzz

n216 draining battery a lot here compared to n213. anyone else experiencing this?

thnx, p

Same here. But it's compared to N210.

I might be switching back to N210 in a day or so. Think I needs to go through a cycle of charging and draining to stabilise.

Guest snowbord

Just installed N217 because that was the newest version availible. I did wipe data/cache and dalvik. But i'm already turning back to GSF. I don't like the looks i'm prefer to let it be simple. Also i noticed, this might be because i just installed it, that it was a lot slower than my previos GSF B26. Also i couldnt find the market very easily, first i thought it was missing. I will stick with GSF B26 for at least a little while..

Install Google Apps. People with lagging launchers - install Launcher Pro. I think it's the transparency that's doing it. GSF is great, but CM7 is better. Takes a little getting used to but once you do - it is easily the superior ROM. Don't let familiarity prohibit you from enjoying your phone to it's fullest. ;)

Edited by snowbord

Guest timmie897

I used CyanogenMod a few months ago and really liked it, but I found it too buggy so I switched to GSF.

Now I want to use CyanogenMod again but which nightly is the most stable?

Thanks in advance :)

Same here. But it's compared to N210.

I might be switching back to N210 in a day or so. Think I needs to go through a cycle of charging and draining to stabilise.

Switched back from N216 to 215 because of battery life, but compared with 210 even worse... Will also wait for some charging cycles to be sure

Guest rockstarszzzz

I used CyanogenMod a few months ago and really liked it, but I found it too buggy so I switched to GSF.

Now I want to use CyanogenMod again but which nightly is the most stable?

Thanks in advance :)

Go for N210 mate - you won't find that buggy at all!

Guest snowbord

Guys, use CPU spy to see if your phones are sleeping. Also Power Tutor to see which app is misbehaving.. there's other tools also.

I noticed when I flashed to 216 from 215 that the governor changed to Interactive (in CPU settings). I am pretty certain I didn't change it. In my experience, ondemand sleeps the most (98% overnight). Interactive is still good but ondemand, with limited testing, seems better.

Edited by snowbord

Guest sej7278

anyone else having a problem with launcherpro+ in the last few nightlies, today i'm having to click the phone icon twice or its fc/wait/report dialog pops up when i try to make a call.

its also incredibly slow to start from boot, although it always has been pretty bad.

i wonder if its smartass2 not ramping up quickly enough from sleep.....?

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

@sej: in cm settings, performance tell it to keep home screen in memory. Doesn't help with the slow from boot though. All launchers do this for me in all versions of all roms. the aforementioned setting helps. Using a lighter launcher such as Zeam also helps but i love the shortcut to categories feature of ADW too much!

@snowbord interactive was set as default in the test kernels i believe so imagine it changed with N206? not certain though.

@ice99: are you aware 16bit is now optional and off by default?

@several as far as I can tell my battery is fine? Done the usual spare parts etc checks?

Edited by targetbsp

Does anyone have any problem with USB?

When the SD-Card is mounted in the Blade (when it was mounted on the PC before) , the phone freezes (and does not reboot), it is the first time that this as happened to me (in both 216 and 217, did not try older roms).

Sometimes even unplugging the usb cable (without mounting) will make the phone freeze.

edit: Forgot an important thing, the buttons and screen do not work, but the clock in the screen works...

Edited by Migun

Guest tsddave

anyone else having a problem with launcherpro+ in the last few nightlies, today i'm having to click the phone icon twice or its fc/wait/report dialog pops up when i try to make a call.

its also incredibly slow to start from boot, although it always has been pretty bad.

i wonder if its smartass2 not ramping up quickly enough from sleep.....?

Im having no issues with Go launcher ex, in fact I never have :)

I used to use Launcherpro but gave it up in favour of Go.