[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest estocks

CM7 is absolutely the way to go,you will not be disappointed.

CM7 is packed full of features,and lately the nightly builds are stable with very few problems.

Go for it man,seize the moment.

As to the best one to go with,well I am using nightly 210 at moment and all is well,but 216 has come out this morning,so upgrading now.

Ah,just noticed you say your gen1 still.

There are some all in one TPT somewhere in blade forum,not sure where,Ill take a look now...

go here: Then you can just install latest nightly.

Be sure to download latest nightly to root of sd card before doing the TPT,

not saying you would forget,but some do.lol

If you use one of wbaws TPT after the process,you will end up in clockwork recovery,flash latest nightly,and google apps,enjoy :D

Gracias Hombre :D

Guest snowbord

Hello everyone. I have problem updating to latest nightly. I am currently with nightly 213 and I wanted to upgrade it to the most recent version - I installed it from the recovery then wiped dalvik cache and all my programmes that were on ext3 partition were gone. Then I tried not to wipe dalvik cache after the install - same thing happend. Could you help me?

Are you sure you are mounting an ext3 partition? I thought so too but it turns out that mine was an EXT4 partition - this should be the case with you also if you formatted using CWM. If using S2Ext to mount it, go to the settings and enable 'mount as EXT4'. This fixed it for me!

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

hi,

Why I can't have my partition ext 4 sd card working with this rom?

Can't some one help me?

Use S2Ext and enable 'mount as EXT4' in the settings.

Guest NikToo

Hi, pretty new to this, but read in one of the nightly update lists that CM7 supports USB tethering. Does that mean using a wired network connection over the USB cable is possible? I just got the San Francisco so I've spent most of my monthly data allowance getting some apps so it would be good if I could do it over the normal wired cable instead. Also, as I see it, it's a matter of updating from G1 to G2 using the TPT updater while having the latest build on the sdcard, right?

Guest Huexxx

You need to install Gapps: http://wiki.cyanogen...ion/Google_Apps

Make sure you get the CM7 version. CM aren't allowed to include them with the rom.

Setting sd-ext as ext4 I had problems with latest CWM in order to make nandroid backup (it failed mounting sd-ext).

Also, trying to restore it to ext3, I made in one movement the filesystem change and the return of /data to internal, and the result was factory-reset-like blade... (/data/app was at sd but my blade cannot read it...). S2E was a installed app (at /data/app) and my blade didn't see it... then, it can't run S2E to see /data... A dog chasing its own tail!

Restoring the faulty nandroid (without sd-ext data) I recovered my last config of S2E and then the control over sd-ext, and then I moved it with root explorer to /system/app to avoid this kind of problems in the future.

Then I removed all data from sd-ext (without change fs), and after a reboot changed ext4 to ext3. After all, I have all installed at sd-ext with ext3 and my nandroid backups are complete (with sd-ext too).

Regards.

Guest targetbsp

Hi, pretty new to this, but read in one of the nightly update lists that CM7 supports USB tethering. Does that mean using a wired network connection over the USB cable is possible? I just got the San Francisco so I've spent most of my monthly data allowance getting some apps so it would be good if I could do it over the normal wired cable instead.

I'm under the impression tethering is the opposite way around. The idea being to use your phone as a modem for a laptop.

You can (and probably should) use wireless though instead of data for downloading apps

Guest psidoc

Flashed the latest nightly last night...

Bluetooth not reconnect issue still there..

Proximity sensor bug (which I have never had before may I add) on the 1st phone call..

Seems the latest is not the greatest. :(

Bye Bye CyanogenMod. Back to 2.3.4 we go.

Psi

Guest Amphoras

Proximity sensor bug (which I have never had before may I add) on the 1st phone call..

Psi

Did you calibrate the proximity sensor using the ZTE Blade settings app?

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi, pretty new to this, but read in one of the nightly update lists that CM7 supports USB tethering. Does that mean using a wired network connection over the USB cable is possible? I just got the San Francisco so I've spent most of my monthly data allowance getting some apps so it would be good if I could do it over the normal wired cable instead. Also, as I see it, it's a matter of updating from G1 to G2 using the TPT updater while having the latest build on the sdcard, right?

I'm under the impression tethering is the opposite way around. The idea being to use your phone as a modem for a laptop.

You can (and probably should) use wireless though instead of data for downloading apps

Ok, thanks. I'll have to get myself a wireless router before I do much updating.

Yes tethering is as targetbsp described. I heard of app somewhere for sort of 'reverse tethering' never found one. Some say it's possible to do via apps, some laugh at it. I laugh at it.

But you could surely use your mobile allowance to provide internet to your laptop/pc depending if your mobile operator finds that OK.

What sort of data allowance do you get currently? When I din't have unlimited data allowance, I used to sync email and facebook and occassional app updates and browsing - that used to cost me approx. 300mb a month using my blade. But now that I have unlimited internet, I don't really pay attention to it. My recent statement says I've used 5.5 GB of internet on my phone though!

Guest NikToo

Yes tethering is as targetbsp described. I heard of app somewhere for sort of 'reverse tethering' never found one. Some say it's possible to do via apps, some laugh at it. I laugh at it.

But you could surely use your mobile allowance to provide internet to your laptop/pc depending if your mobile operator finds that OK.

What sort of data allowance do you get currently? When I din't have unlimited data allowance, I used to sync email and facebook and occassional app updates and browsing - that used to cost me approx. 300mb a month using my blade. But now that I have unlimited internet, I don't really pay attention to it. My recent statement says I've used 5.5 GB of internet on my phone though!

I'm just on 100MB/month, just added 250 for this month though. I can't pay much more than £10-£15 per month for it. I get free wired broadband through work as I work from home so I'd rather use that, and it's uncapped. It's mainly news, e-mail and occasional browsing I do with the phone, will have to see if the world of apps will change it. :)

Guest sticko

This might sound a really dumb question, BUT i know the title says CM7 (android 2.3.7) yet when i click on any link to download CM7 again all i keep getting is the stable CM7 2.0.3 is this the correct one???.

currently using psyloids green ginger v4 but want to go back to a more recent cm7 and nightlys

thanks in advance

Guest opc100

This might sound a really dumb question, BUT i know the title says CM7 (android 2.3.7) yet when i click on any link to download CM7 again all i keep getting is the stable CM7 2.0.3 is this the correct one???.

currently using psyloids green ginger v4 but want to go back to a more recent cm7 and nightlys

thanks in advance

The 2.0.3 is the version of CyanogenMod, the 2.3.7 is the version of Android itself.

Guest sticko

The 2.0.3 is the version of CyanogenMod, the 2.3.7 is the version of Android itself.

Thanks opc100,

I had not bothered with my rom for a while but my wife has the same and her texts keep getting sent to wrong person or usually facebook instead !!! so i have now decided to go back to CM7 with the latest nightlys.

thanks for the swift reply and help.

Guest sm4tik

Is it worth waiting* for this or is it just the same alpha setting that is already implemented, but now it's default on instead of default off?

* I'll make a big jump from n142plus to the latest nightly and wouldn't want to do it twice ;)

It's just as you described. If you update before it gets merged, you can manually enable/disable it in CM settings > Performance. Ofc you'll be able to toggle it after the merge too.

Guest MidaMilunk

Psi

I think you've been a bit too quick. I have no problem with BT reconnect from N208 (currently N216). Proximity need a single calibration with an included tool.

I would recommend to give another chance!

Guest jurrasstoil
It's just as you described. If you update before it gets merged, you can manually enable/disable it in CM settings > Performance. Ofc you'll be able to toggle it after the merge too.
Okay, thanks. Made the switch to n218.

Love it so far, especially the fact that i can finally get rid of the Blade Wifi Fix.

The transparency-thing is still kind of on the edge for me. I'm not sure if the menus etc. are actually more responsive and quicker - and if so, is it worth to trade it in for the hideous effects it has on the glow when you hit an end of a list.

Is there a reason they switched to the 'interactive' governor? Is it recommended over ondemand?

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest samjam

Reverse tethering would be something like using your phone as an access point (like tethering) only routing the data over the RNDIS usb interface instead of over the ppp telephone interface. This can probably be done by setting the default route on the phone. I don't know if busybox has "ip route" or "route" support built in.

The usb host device (your PC) would then have to be willing to route the RNDIS device over it's network connection.

This is a couple of lines of iptables -j NAT, or internet connection sharing under windows.

Guest doogsville

Im currently running nightly 217, becuase I downloaded 218 three times today and each time the zip was corrupted, but 217 downloaded first time.

I'm having a few problems to say the least. First off, Gmail and Market have stopped working, or rather, they both keep coming up with a 'no connection' and a 'retry' dialog box. The regular email app works a treat. Also, if I add an app to my homescreen, the icon won't appear. The first few times I just tried adding it again, and the icon appeared the second time, then I discovered I had the icon from the first time under the second one. Oh, and every now and again for no reason I can find the 'use 2G only' box is being checked so my 3G gets turned off.

Seriously, I really want to use CM7, but I'm having to consider going back to GSF because I've spent nearly a whole day trying to get it to work like a smartphone, and it's just too much effort.

Any help with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, just discovered, after reinstalling gapps (gapps-gb-20110828-signed) that the Gmail icon has now completely vanished from the app drawer, but Market is still there. Stranger and stranger.

Edited by doogsville