[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I read somewhere, I'm don't remember where, that, the Samsung had plans to buy the CyanogenMod, and use the CM rom's for future Samsung devices.

I don't know if this is true or not.

I read something like that about sony ericsson and cyanogen.

If it was true,that would be sweet,androids out the box running cm7!

Here it is: http://androidcommunity.com/sony-ericsson-supports-developers-teams-up-with-cyanogenmod-20110930/

Edited by Guest

Guest azentner

I don't see how to do that.

I don't know how to add a calendar to the phone, and adding one to my Google Calendar doesn't help.

The thing is that Android does not allow a calendar to be visible without it being synced to the Web. There are three options for each calendar: Synced/Synced+Visible/Neither.

So either it's synced or you don't see it.

I understand Google's idea as they want to aggregate as much information as they can, it's just not what I want.

Thanks.

I solved my own Calendar issue. I just copied the Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk files from the CAE1.0 ROM to the /system/app directory, and now I have the local calendar smile.gif.

I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, I guess I was worried that there would be version clashes... dry.gif

It seems things are quite interchangeable in the Android world ( I come from an embedded C background, I've still got got to get used to this multi-platform Java stuff).

Guest Nick Rhodes

SE have been providing support to getting CM working on various SE phones.

No mention of them running out of the box and they mention about rooting voiding warranty.

Cyanogen himself is now employed by Samsung, but will still be free to continue to work on CM7.

http://androidcommunity.com/cyanogenmod-founder-hired-by-samsung-as-software-engineer-20110815/

Cheers, Nick

Anybody having problems with DSP Manager crashing in N210?

A couple of my mp3s crash the DSP Manager in the middle of play. This is repeatable, always the same files, always in the same place. Different DSP settings do not seem to affect this and I never had any problem playing these files in other ROM's.

Edited by etal

Guest targetbsp

I'm still trying to actually compile a rom lol. It's timing out when I sync. Apparently this is caused by using git:// instead of http:// when you init the repo in ubuntu on a virtual machine. Following a guide to change it after the event didn't help so I've started again with http :'(

That actually worked! If you're using Ubuntu 11 in VirtualBox make sure to replace git:// with http:// wherever it occurs in the guide.

[edit]

Finally compiled! Thanks to all those that have helped me in my numerous attempts over the past few months!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ididmytime

@sej,I noticed in your signature 219+

are u still sharing your + builds,as I can not see any builds in your usual place ?

I am still on your patchset 7 build because I cant do without the softkeys,I find them so useful.

Even tried button savior,but its no comparison to having them in notification bar.

And to be honest,I can find no fault with p7 build,so will be keeping a backup of it,just in case it was the last build you upload.

Agreed. I would be extremely grateful for 219/220+.

Guest sej7278

As its Sunday and its raining and I've finally gotten rid of the performance killing sense analogue glass clock and have been playing with my homescreens, I thought I'd try out some patches.

So we've got nightly 220 plus.....

• LED notifications and SmartassV2 governor (patch4)
  • Blade settings app now moved into settings app
  • 16bpp rendering defaults to on
  • softbuttons
    And also, now these are really experimental, they're on their 7th/10th incarnations now, so if they're flakey don't moan :D

I kind of like it as it uses useless space and doesn't break softbuttons/notifications.

enable/configure it via settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->status bar tweaks

post-839039-0-64093500-1318154754_thumb.

usual place (don't use download accelerators)

Edited by sej7278

Guest ididmytime

As its Sunday and its raining and I've finally gotten rid of the performance killing sense analogue glass clock and have been playing with my homescreens, I thought I'd try out some patches.

• softbuttons
    And also, now these are really experimental, they're on their 7th/10th incarnations now, so if they're flakey don't moan :D

I kind of like it as it uses useless space and doesn't break softbuttons/notifications.

enable/configure it via settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->status bar tweaks

Fantastic, it is very much appreciated.

Guest ididmytime

Massive thanks to Jacob and Tom, simply put, without you guys and CM7 I wouldn't own a Blade still.

It may seem a little OTT, but I am extremely exicted at the prospect that everything that bugged me about the blade could finally be fixed in this build that Sej has posted.

• softbuttons

oh, thanks sej, now doing nandbackup...:)

But i have got a thing which i can't really understand.

I see in your post, and in your signature the follow things:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8646

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8647...etc... so theese review links.

I saw theese links before, but i never could understand, what is theese...or yes but i cant download it or anything else.

So the questions: Are theese included by default in your ROM?

Can I download theese, and include, or install to other ROM?

Thanks for your work, and help, and sorry for my terrible englis, i am hungarian. :)

Guest hugobosslives

oh, thanks sej, now doing nandbackup...:)

But i have got a thing which i can't really understand.

I see in your post, and in your signature the follow things:

http://review.cyanog...om/#change,8646

http://review.cyanog...e,8647...etc... so theese review links.

I saw theese links before, but i never could understand, what is theese...or yes but i cant download it or anything else.

So the questions: Are theese included by default in your ROM?

Can I download theese, and include, or install to other ROM?

Thanks for your work, and help, and sorry for my terrible englis, i am hungarian. :)

those are the changes that have not yet been merged into the nightlies.

when self-compiling you can include them in your own build as it pulls them down from tom G's git

he has just added them in, and then compiled his own nightly, then uploaded for people who cannot compile themselves

Guest sej7278

I really hope they do merge that status bar battery, its pretty cool!

Gonna have a play with LED notifications now.

Cheers Sej.

its a shame its limited to about a pixel high line, and not some posh graduated fill or something, or animated like knight rider lol.

is it just in my head, or does rolling up the notification area seem slower?

i'm actually quite excited about my battery draining so i can see it change colour or reduce in length!

i think i spend more time tweaking the phone than using it as a phone, so haven't seen the sms/missed call notification led stuff yet.

not sure how to test smartass2 vs. ondemand etc; benchmarks shouldn't be any different (as they'll all just ramp up to maximum) battery life i guess is the tell.

Edited by sej7278

Are there any recommendations regarding the governments using smartass or smartassV2? Anyway, this is formidable work. Thanks to all personell involved.

Guest hugobosslives

i'm actually quite excited about my battery draining so i can see it change colour or reduce in length!

I was thinking the opposite.... mine is superfast now?

Took me a while to realise where the battery indicator thing had gone. I only had a little bit of battery left so was a tiny bar. haha. looks awesome tho. good work

Guest mullen666

sej

cant say how much i appreciate your work

started setting up my build environment on an ubuntu virtual machine in windows 7 and havn't finished yet due to laziness

you rock

Guest Chris Banks

its a shame its limited to about a pixel high line, and not some posh graduated fill or something, or animated like knight rider lol.

i think i spend more time tweaking the phone than using it as a phone, so haven't seen the sms/missed call notification led stuff yet.

not sure how to test smartass2 vs. ondemand etc; benchmarks shouldn't be any different (as they'll all just ramp up to maximum) battery life i guess is the tell.

Yea, would be nice if it was a few pixels and had some fancy gradient going on, but I quite like the simplicity too. Maybe some themers will have a play with it if/when it becomes official.

Rolling up seems normal to me, had one FC of system bar tweaks when setting it up, but I think that was my fault being too eager to try it out, as phone was still loading.

Haven't tried smartass2 as of yet. I use to have issues with its baby brother so using on-demand., but I'm gonna have a play with it now.

CM7 just keeps getting better and better, huge thanks to all the CM7 team! With this amount of functionality its massively extended the blades lifetime.

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest funky-l

I just flashed form CM N95 to the latest N220. (wiped and cleared cache)

Now I can't install Google Apps, and I noticed that my system partition is 100% full (136mb) and only has 36kb left. Could this be the problem? If so, how can I change the partition size to something a little bigger?

Guest Amphoras

I just flashed form CM N95 to the latest N220. (wiped and cleared cache)

Now I can't install Google Apps, and I noticed that my system partition is 100% full (136mb) and only has 36kb left. Could this be the problem? If so, how can I change the partition size to something a little bigger?

Yes, gapps gets installed to /system, so if its full you can't install them. You can change to a bigger partition size using one of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs (assuming thats how you got your partition to 136mb). You can get a 140mb system with http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41652192/TPT%20Helper/Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7b.zip or a 160mb system with http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41652192/TPT%20Helper/Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v9-custom.zip The 160mb system is probably best as 140mb might still be a little too small.

Guest funky-l

Yes, gapps gets installed to /system, so if its full you can't install them. You can change to a bigger partition size using one of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs (assuming thats how you got your partition to 136mb). You can get a 140mb system with http://dl.dropbox.co...en2-TPT-v7b.zip or a 160mb system with http://dl.dropbox.co...T-v9-custom.zip The 160mb system is probably best as 140mb might still be a little too small.

Thanks a lot! That's exactly what I was looking for. You are right, I got my partition size by using a Gen1 to Gen2 TPT. Can I simply apply the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v9-custom.zip using clockwork recovery to change my partition size or do I have to pay attention to anything else?