[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest snowbord

Quick update on the voice search - when reinstalling the ROM where it asks what Google apps you want (voice, youtube etc.), market seems to FAIL on a number of key downloads. Voice Search amongst other Google Apps (from market) appear to be incompatible at this time with CM7.

Guest downloader50

CM7.1

Does anyone know if there is a mod available to change the colour of the GPS icon. GSF had a mod where you could change the centre circle to green when it connects to a sattelite which makes it much easier to see.

Guest dorcssa

Somethings wrong there, I get nice battery life from cm7 now. I dont use 3g though and dont do lots of gaming.

What do you mean by nice battery life? At the last couple nightlies (from 175 if I recall correctly) the display drain was awful, battery usage showed 60-70% display, and when the display was on, the battery lost a percentage every 5 minutes.

Guest targetbsp

What do you mean by nice battery life? At the last couple nightlies (from 175 if I recall correctly) the display drain was awful, battery usage showed 60-70% display, and when the display was on, the battery lost a percentage every 5 minutes.

Out of any rom (cm7, gsf, swedish spring) i get 4 to 5 hours of non stop gaming in kairosofts gaming engine.

You mention the screen as a big drain... were you comparing the same screen brightness level between the 2 roms?

Edited by targetbsp

I'm fairly new to all this but I've already learnt lots from reading this thread and others and also successfully installed several 'nightlies'. There are. however a couple of things I couldn't find clear answers to so I would be grateful if someone could help me:

!. I note that Version 7.1 is now 'Final'. I don't know how the Cyanogenmod development deals with releases so could someone tell me if 'final' has all the patches included in N219 or was it 'branched off' at an earlier date for testing?.

2. I note in the menus on my phone that the options to move apps to SD are present. I can also see directory 'sd-ext' in the file-manager. Does this mean that I can already move apps to SD or do I first need to manually create an EXT partition on the SD Card?. If so, what is the currently preferred method?.

Thanks for help.

Brightness will hugely effect screen power drain, as will using auto-brightness. The sensor for auto-brightness will drain power. For best results don't use auto-brightness and turn down the brightness as much as you are comfortable with. If you are using auto-brightness you might consider changing the values it uses so it sets brightness lower (in 'cyanogenmod settings').

Guest Kamikaze.

Found out something awesome in N220(Sej's patch)! The battery can be shown as a 'separate' progression status bar above the original status bar one(it takes only one pixel). I thought this was only in Miui. Awesome! I don't know which builds support it tho.

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest MidaMilunk

i'm not sure what all the fuss was about with smartass2, to me it seems slower to ramp up than any other governor and i can't see its any better battery-wise.

First of all thanks for the great plus releases! I guess I stick with this one even against 7.1 stable :)

Should I do anything to have LED notifications work? It does not do anything currently - no LED while sleeping.

/update: I have found all the settings, and it really works by default for calls - try to setup for Handcent SMS, Calendar etc./

On the other hand. As far as I can remember, this kind of battery status also exists in WM6.1, which is definitely older than any MIUI ROM :) I like it anyway, while I did not use it with WM6.1, it was just too (how can I say...) ugly on a landscape QVGA! It is really nice now, and even the color can be changed!! Great!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Quick update on the voice search - when reinstalling the ROM where it asks what Google apps you want (voice, youtube etc.), market seems to FAIL on a number of key downloads. Voice Search amongst other Google Apps (from market) appear to be incompatible at this time with CM7.

Try rebooting. They failed to install for me until I rebooted and retried several times. I blame the new market (which has been giving me a lot of problems).

The new stable version already has the LED notification not working properly or is in version KANG?

The LED notification patch has not been merged yet, so notifications are the same as every other rom. Notification on sleep should be back in a nightly soon.

I'm fairly new to all this but I've already learnt lots from reading this thread and others and also successfully installed several 'nightlies'. There are. however a couple of things I couldn't find clear answers to so I would be grateful if someone could help me:

!. I note that Version 7.1 is now 'Final'. I don't know how the Cyanogenmod development deals with releases so could someone tell me if 'final' has all the patches included in N219 or was it 'branched off' at an earlier date for testing?.

2. I note in the menus on my phone that the options to move apps to SD are present. I can also see directory 'sd-ext' in the file-manager. Does this mean that I can already move apps to SD or do I first need to manually create an EXT partition on the SD Card?. If so, what is the currently preferred method?.

Thanks for help.

1. The release should be the same as a current nightly build. The main difference is a final release will be properly supported (you can submit issues to the issue tracker).

2. The sd-ext directory is just a mount point, it doesn't mean there is anything mounted there and CM7.1 does not officially support using sd-ext for apps. The option to move apps to SD is using the google sd apps implementation which is the only way officially supported in CM7. If you use sd-ext and it doesn't work right don't complain.

Guest dorcssa

Out of any rom (cm7, gsf, swedish spring) i get 4 to 5 hours of non stop gaming in kairosofts gaming engine.

You mention the screen as a big drain... were you comparing the same screen brightness level between the 2 roms?

I used lower lights on CM than on SS, so I don't think that's the cause. My bf says it's because the zte is not fit for this higher performance required for gingerbread.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I used lower lights on CM than on SS, so I don't think that's the cause. My bf says it's because the zte is not fit for this higher performance required for gingerbread.

dude get a new bf. gingerbread doesn't have higher requirements than 2.2/2.2. The blade is not really suited to games, and they will tend to drain the battery alot regardless of the ROM.

The new stable version already has the LED notification not working properly or is in version KANG?

Respond please

FAIL

Mate this ain't Twitter or Facebook, I think you must be a troll because on-one with any ounce of common sense would ask for a response to a post in a thread after 20 minutes?

Edited by filao

FAIL

Mate this ain't Twitter or Facebook, I think you must be a troll because on-one with any ounce of common sense would ask for a response to a post in a thread after 20 minutes?

There were people to answer, simply went back to ask why no one had answered. Sorryand thanks ...

Guest FrankieADZ

So I took the jump to CM 7.1.0 from GSF...not bad so far :)

Bit slow to load the Gallery tho....

So....i see theres a theme manager in the rom, Anyone know a decent thread or site for them please. Thanks :)

Guest snowbord

Try rebooting. They failed to install for me until I rebooted and retried several times. I blame the new market (which has been giving me a lot of problems).

I flashed Google Voice Search separately from here;

http://android.modac...pps-2011-08-15/

It seems to have installed alright now.. not sure what the problem was flashing the entire apps package. Not good, whatever it was. Turns out Youtube also failed to install so a separate install fixed this also!

Edited by snowbord

Guest jimwormold

So I took the jump to CM 7.1.0 from GSF...not bad so far :)

Bit slow to load the Gallery tho....

So....i see theres a theme manager in the rom, Anyone know a decent thread or site for them please. Thanks :)

Did you need to do a factory reset? I'm on GSF B27 and would love to return to CM7 (or at least give it a go again) but the thought of having to sort out all the apps again puts me off.

Guest ojconcentrate

since upgrading to 7.1.0 final the phone doesn't seem to be connectable via adb. tried in in windows and linux. development is on (tried to turn off and on, USB debugging notify is on but when connecting USB, the little 'bug' doesn't appear at the notification bar).

Windows DM doesn't show the adb device as it used to.

anyone seen this?

nevermind - rebooted again and it worked. strange

Edited by ojconcentrate

Guest FrankieADZ

Did you need to do a factory reset? I'm on GSF B27 and would love to return to CM7 (or at least give it a go again) but the thought of having to sort out all the apps again puts me off.

tbh I back up my rom and did the same for my apps so it hasnt took long at all tbf to put everything back on, used Titanium back up.

it loaded it pretty quick after i rebooted it, I think GSF was good but i think it might have run its course for me with the thread getting blocked everything other day.dry.gif

never really tried CM7 in any great length before but with 7.1.0 out i might as well give it a go, I'd say go the same :)

at least until ICS comes out ;)