[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

I did catch wifi disconnecting once with sleep policy set to never.

I saw wifi reconnecting when waking from sleep and out of interest I pinged my blade after turning the screen off. No reply? So I turned the screen on, pinged it again and kept pinging it while turning the screen off.. and it didn't disconnect. I've not seen it drop the connection since and am not able to reproduce it. Dunno what went wrong, nor what fixed it? :unsure:

Hmm, just happened again. Still haven't found any pattern to it, so it might be just something random. Once again pinging the phone while turning the screen off fixed it though and now I can't reproduce it, duh..

Guest MidaMilunk

Mostly I use Imapmyride but have tried others to see if it was the app but with same battery drain.

A bit strange... I use Endomondo free, and I have noticed no significant (noticeable) difference between GSF and CM (I used 220plus).

Anyway CM7.1 seems to use more power that GSF, but I have no real exact tests, it is just a feeling.

Guest tsddave

A bit strange... I use Endomondo free, and I have noticed no significant (noticeable) difference between GSF and CM (I used 220plus).

Anyway CM7.1 seems to use more power that GSF, but I have no real exact tests, it is just a feeling.

I tried Endomondo but that seemed to have the same drain. Strange.

no doubt that there is battery problem with stable and what comes after. it's insane that we use a smartphone with worries about wifi or gps.

well it seems that we use blade just as touch phone for calls :lol: :lol: :lol:

i start think about getting a car battery and connect it to my blade 24/7 + i'll carry it on my shoulders :lol:

Edited by mon3em

Guest domo-kun

So i used 220+ since sejs released it... And it's awesome! One thing that doesn't work is wifi sleep policy... Also yesterday i noticed something, battery temp. is around 22-23C and when i lock it and unlock it (40s) temp. jumps and it's 38-45C... Just flashed 226 nightly and problem is the same... Anyone with same problem??

Edited by domo-kun

Guest Psyloid

no way to make volume+ work on cm7 dps is ~ ok but with volume+ i get better volume, and auto brightness is not so good, any way to make it better?

Volume plus works up untill V1.8.0.0 , versions 1.8.0.1 and v 1.8.0.2 do not work, i reported this to the developer. i have a legitimite version from the market, and with autoupdate it failed working after V1.8.0.0

what is said earlier is true as well, you must uninstall DSP manager as it conflicts with volume+, just freezing it is no good !!

also volume plus crashes when a call comes in, this has to do with the experimental in-call option in the latest builds, the developer knows this and is working on it

I managed to find a V1.8.0.0 on the net, because i could not get it from the market no more or from his website www.androidaudiohacks.com

Also yesterday i noticed something, battery temp. is around 22-23C and when i lock it and unlock it (40s) temp. jumps and it's 38-45C... Just flashed 226 nightly and problem is the same... Anyone with same problem??

That's normal behavior for the blade :-)

Edited by De@n

no doubt that there is battery problem with stable and what comes after.

I still have the same problem since N210. N226 doesn't solve it. Battery only lasts 1 day instead of 7 because of GSM network. My phone is not sleeping unless I enable airplane mode. No fix for this.

Edited by TigTex

Guest tsddave

no doubt that there is battery problem with stable and what comes after. it's insane that we use a smartphone with worries about wifi or gps.

well it seems that we use blade just as touch phone for calls :lol: :lol: :lol:

i start think about getting a car battery and connect it to my blade 24/7 + i'll carry it on my shoulders :lol:

Erm its not that bad!

I used gps today for just under 2 hours and lost about 35% battery. It would be less if I used gsf as I previously stated but its far from terrible!

If I wanted to use gps in my car then I could simply use it fixed to a charger. I think the most I would need to use gps for with my cycling would be 4 hours and the phone can cope with more than that using cm7 as it currently stands.

Guest targetbsp

One thing that doesn't work is wifi sleep policy...

In what way doesn't it work? Works for me. If set to never sleep, it never sleeps. If set to sleep, it sleeps 15 minutes after screen off.

Next bit not a reply to the quoted post:

With regards to the battery, mine is on 87% after 24 hours. No complaints here!

With the wifi sleeping and obviously not used the phone much. Screen on time of 14 minutes according to spare parts.

Edited by targetbsp

I still have the same problem since N210. N226 doesn't solve it. Battery only lasts 1 day instead of 7 because of GSM network. My phone is not sleeping unless I enable airplane mode. No fix for this.

be sure CPU frequency ist not changed (max = 604MHz as default)

Edited by zcaf

I've been using kang 200+, running stable since it was released. But yesterday, when i received a message and LED turned green, the phone didnt wake up when i tried to. Waited for some time, but it didnt wake up.

Rebooted itself on connecting to power source.

Everything is normal since then.

Guest robinhud2010

Been using sej's n220+ for the last couple of days, everything is quite smooth. Aside from notification LED issues, really disappointed by the battery life which was isn't up to what i've come to expect from earlier releases of gsf.

For example I lost about 8-10% overnight(8 hours), when i used lose a percent at most on gsf...

Also dspanager is good, but i liked volume+ better. To get it, can i just uninstall dspmanager using TB and install volume+?

Cheers.

EDIT: volume+ working just fine now!

But, phone seems to slow down right after mass storage mode...

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest dirlan2001

So i used 220+ since sejs released it... And it's awesome! One thing that doesn't work is wifi sleep policy... Also yesterday i noticed something, battery temp. is around 22-23C and when i lock it and unlock it (40s) temp. jumps and it's 38-45C... Just flashed 226 nightly and problem is the same... Anyone with same problem??

According to Z-Device the Blade has NO temp-sensor... The readings are a pure guess.

:D

Guest oldfella

switched to 7.1 from gsf and battery seems the same or better. I use tasker to turn off mobile data when the screen is off. Last battery cycle I got 4 days. Charged yesterday morning and it is still on 100% using airplane mode overnight.

Regarding the battery drain: I have noticed this before 7.1. I'm using now Patchset 7 (the final patchset with the new kernel).

So there is a poke lock called PhoneApp which wasn't there before. It comes alive randomly, (or not so randomly, I probably jusd don't know yet what causes it to start)

However the phone seems to sleep properly (can't wake up with home/back buttons) when I issue a "dumpsys power" command from terminal I get this:

Power Manager State:

mIsPowered=false mPowerState=3 mScreenOffTime=1438116 ms

mPartialCount=0

mWakeLockState=

mUserState=SCREEN_BRIGHT_BIT SCREEN_ON_BIT 

mPowerState=SCREEN_BRIGHT_BIT SCREEN_ON_BIT 

mLocks.gather=

mNextTimeout=60493906 now=60487981 5s from now

mDimScreen=true mStayOnConditions=0

mScreenOffReason=2 mUserState=3

mBroadcastQueue={-1,-1,-1}

mBroadcastWhy={0,0,0}

mPokey=1 mPokeAwakeonSet=false

mKeyboardVisible=false mUserActivityAllowed=true

mKeylightDelay=6000 mDimDelay=47000 mScreenOffDelay=7000

mPreventScreenOn=false  mScreenBrightnessOverride=-1  mButtonBrightnessOverride=-1

mScreenOffTimeoutSetting=60000 mMaximumScreenOffTimeout=2147483647

mLastScreenOnTime=215840404

mBroadcastWakeLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x1 mCount=0 mHeld=false)

mStayOnWhilePluggedInScreenDimLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x6 mCount=0 mHeld=false)

mStayOnWhilePluggedInPartialLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x1 mCount=0 mHeld=false)

mPreventScreenOnPartialLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x1 mCount=0 mHeld=false)

mProximityPartialLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x1 mCount=0 mHeld=false)

mProximityWakeLockCount=0

mProximitySensorEnabled=false

mProximitySensorActive=false

mProximityPendingValue=-1

mLastProximityEventTime=133760786

mLightSensorEnabled=true

mLightSensorValue=8.0 mLightSensorPendingValue=-1.0

mLightSensorScreenBrightness=35 mLightSensorButtonBrightness=255 mLightSensorKeyboardBrightness=0

mUseSoftwareAutoBrightness=true

mAutoBrightessEnabled=true

mScreenBrightness: animating=false targetValue=35 curValue=35.0 delta=2.3333333

mLocks.size=0:

mPokeLocks.size=1:

poke lock 'PhoneApp': POKE_LOCK_IGNORE_CHEEK_EVENTS

(see the last 2 rows)

But as I said it's not there right after reboot and as I observed it causes a noticable battery drain. Currently with really minimal use battery lasts for ~2 days.

Anybody else has the same issue, either with newer nightlies?

Edited by Geree

Guest gruad23

In what way doesn't it work? Works for me. If set to never sleep, it never sleeps. If set to sleep, it sleeps 15 minutes after screen off.

Next bit not a reply to the quoted post:

With regards to the battery, mine is on 87% after 24 hours. No complaints here!

With the wifi sleeping and obviously not used the phone much. Screen on time of 14 minutes according to spare parts.

wifi-sleep-policy is a very imporant feature cause wifi is a battery-drainer. And to many people the current CM7-policy is not clear (especialy the 15-minute-delay) and even here I suspect that my blade is not always following the policy.1 And additionally to me the policy doesnt meet my needs: I would need a more configurable policy.

Like a energy-widget where can select : "no off", "immediately off", "15-minutes-off". "no-traffic-off" or something like this. Especially the no-traffic-of-feature would make sense so that I can leave my android unattended while its still uploading my pictures to the cloud and then turning off wifi by itself.

For me I now tried several widgets like power-green but they did not satisfy me. I would vote for an extended widget-configurable wifi-sleep-policy and optionally for a traffic-aware sleep-option.

For the battery-drain: I use sej220+ and sometimes battery lasts two days and sometimes its empty after 8 hours. I guess it largely depends if my wifi is on or not, if wifi needs to scan constantely while I'm roaming and many other things. Comparing battery-hours is useless unless we compare our hours at comparable conditions. I think OC/UC makes a big difference to (correct me if I'm wrong here). It makes a difference if you run at 122MHz powersave or 8xxMHz performance.

thnx,

peter

1) for example right now my android is screen-off for ~30minutes and I can still ping it. My setting is set to sleep.

wifi-sleep-policy is a very imporant feature cause wifi is a battery-drainer. And to many people the current CM7-policy is not clear (especialy the 15-minute-delay) and even here I suspect that my blade is not always following the policy.1 And additionally to me the policy doesnt meet my needs: I would need a more configurable policy.

Like a energy-widget where can select : "no off", "immediately off", "15-minutes-off". "no-traffic-off" or something like this. Especially the no-traffic-of-feature would make sense so that I can leave my android unattended while its still uploading my pictures to the cloud and then turning off wifi by itself.

For me I now tried several widgets like power-green but they did not satisfy me. I would vote for an extended widget-configurable wifi-sleep-policy and optionally for a traffic-aware sleep-option.

For the battery-drain: I use sej220+ and sometimes battery lasts two days and sometimes its empty after 8 hours. I guess it largely depends if my wifi is on or not, if wifi needs to scan constantely while I'm roaming and many other things. Comparing battery-hours is useless unless we compare our hours at comparable conditions. I think OC/UC makes a big difference to (correct me if I'm wrong here). It makes a difference if you run at 122MHz powersave or 8xxMHz performance.

thnx,

peter

1) for example right now my android is screen-off for ~30minutes and I can still ping it. My setting is set to sleep.

Wifi by itself doesn't drain battery much, atleast not with my phone. This was an observation me and others made when testing the new kernel and the changes with wifi before they got merged. For the scanning interval, there's a property in build.prop which you can tweak to something more then the current (15sec). It's called wifi.supplicant_scan_interval. There's also been discussion/patches to make this setting user configurable, but currently I don't know the status. The sleep policy thing might confuse some, as you say, but this has been said over and over again in this thread and shouldn't be that confusing afterall. It's just the way it is. For the additional policies, you could open a feature/enhancement request and see if it gets picked up.

That said, there is something fishy about wifi as it is. What you just reported about wifi staying on though it's not supposed to and my wifi turning off when it's not supposed to are proofs of that. In my case it seems to be random and I've seen it happen only twice since the merges, don't know about yours. But without logs, there's not much the devs can do about it!

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Nick Rhodes

I use an app called "Wifi timeout" to adjust the 15min timeout down to 30s which is what the stock Blade ROMS use.

Problem with 15min timeout is, the background syncing of my phone overnight stops WiFi turning off and uses approx twice battery on idle compared to when I adjust the timeout using the above app.

Cheers, Nick.

Guest targetbsp

That sounds like a useful app. Also probably explains gruad23's experience of it lasting longer than 15 minutes if it's 15 minutes after it was last used rather than 15 minutes after screen off? Would even checking it with a ping reset it? When I tested the 15 minute timeout a few weeks ago I intentionally didn't ping it during the 15 minutes.

I actually setup a tasker profile in the past that's similar (but obviously not as good!) as gruads no-traffic suggestion. If i switch the screen off with an app in the foreground it leaves the wifi on - assuming the app is using it. With the launcher in the foreground it switches the wifi off.

But if the wifi is based on when it was last used rather than screen-off, then setting a small timeout in that app would pretty much implement the no-traffic suggestion for you?

[edit]

Rather than speculate on this. I'm going to play. :D

[edit2]

It switches off based on time since screen off time for me, not from wifi usage. At least with the aforementioned app. Not sure how it behaves with the 15 minute default.

[edit3]

Also switching off 15 minutes after screen off rather than data wihout the app so not sure how you guys are keeping yours on?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest oldfella

is it possible for an incoming call to raise the answer screen directly - with standard 7.1 and Widgetlocker there doesnt seem to be an option to disable the lockscreen on an incoming call ?

Guest sej7278

[edit2]

It switches off based on time since screen off time for me, not from wifi usage. At least with the aforementioned app. Not sure how it behaves with the 15 minute default.

[edit3]

Also switching off 15 minutes after screen off rather than data wihout the app so not sure how you guys are keeping yours on?

you and i proved a while back (on one of the 2635 patches) that the 15mins wifi timeout does work as designed - somewhere in this massive thread, and tom_g confirmed it. plus you can always just turn wifi on/off manually using the power applet(s).

i suspect people are using poor settings or using apps with wakelocks as i have no problem with battery drain either, my phone's been on for 2h30 with light wifi usage and used less than 1% battery (and that's not in the inaccurate 90-100% charge zone).

are people calibrating their battery and proximity as well as wiping /data when coming from gsf? what about only flashing when at 100% charge?

Edited by sej7278