[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Richard_Arkless

Could You share it?

here you go just edit the updater-script using notepad++ (dont use microsoft's notepad app as it messes it up) and add the system apks you dont want and put the apks you do want in the system/app folder

Clean-up.zip

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest I900-Nutzer

here you go just edit the updater-script using notepad++ (dont use microsoft's notepad app as it messes it up) and add the system apks you dont want and put the apks you do want in the system/app folder

Thx for sharing this! One Question: is it correct that i ned a separate Line for every unwanted .apk?

delete system:app/delete1.apk

delete system:app/delete2.apk

Or can i put them in one Line divided by __?

Thx!

Guest oxyg3n89

good for you ;) could you take a screenshot of battery use status from settings menu please? i use N227 too..have not noticed any difference after N220 yet, will keep testing :)

N227 - 1 day and 9 hours = 49% left.

Edited by oxyg3n89

Guest Richard_Arkless

Thx for sharing this! One Question: is it correct that i ned a separate Line for every unwanted .apk?

delete system:app/delete1.apk

delete system:app/delete2.apk

yea a seperate line for each apk

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest hugobosslives

N227 - 1 day and 9 hours = 49% left.

2 days 23 hours 47 mins on battery (so basically 3 days) and its on 19%

see screenshot below.

and thats including a hell of a lot of use. wifi, syncing, gps driving (in my car) and a fair few phone calls and texts

good for you ;) could you take a screenshot of battery use status from settings menu please? i use N227 too..have not noticed any difference after N220 yet, will keep testing :)

post-801585-0-68842500-1319143276_thumb.

"Build light libs from source" - LED patch finally merged :D

Finally!!!

Wondering why the other open patches weren't approved at the same time...they are really little changes (16bit patch on as default, zte settings in cyanogen settings and translations)

Edited by Monfro

Guest targetbsp

Surely this wouldn't work if you do a complete wipe? Which I like to do with every update.

If you're doing a complete wipe every update then the time taken to remove a few system apk's is, i daresay, insignificant to you! I've had CM7 since the first nightly and only wiped when I switched to gen 2. :o

2 days 23 hours 47 mins on battery (so basically 3 days) and its on 19%

see screenshot below.

and thats including a hell of a lot of use. wifi, syncing, gps driving (in my car) and a fair few phone calls and texts

Good, what is the theme that you use? I liked it: D

Guest sej7278

new bug, now it always thinks usb is connected and wont connect to any pc....

have you tried rebooting the phone, that usually fixes it when usb goes iffy - although that's usually debugging, never seen mass storage fail.

you haven't snapped/bent your usb connector have you?

have you tried another cable?

also, what build are you using? not the best bug report.......

Is there anymore major disadvantages in this rom? I used this about 7 months ago, and I had lot of problems, calls just ended themselves, I was not able to call, gps shut down the phone etc. etc. Then I moved to GSF and it's ok, but already removd from modaco and not updated anymore. And GSF is based on 2.3.4 so I would like to have newest 2.3.7 version. What kernel is this CM rom using now?

have you tried rebooting the phone, that usually fixes it when usb goes iffy - although that's usually debugging, never seen mass storage fail.

you haven't snapped/bent your usb connector have you?

have you tried another cable?

also, what build are you using? not the best bug report.......

on the latest build, it seems to be the pc causing it as the laptops working fine, may need to reinstlal the drivers.

Guest targetbsp

Can you give me some idea of what system apps you remove?

This is a good starting point: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones

It's somewhat personal preference as to what you remove as you may need functionality that someone else doesn't and vice-versa. Basically go through the entries that say 'yes' (safe to remove), read the descriptions and decide if you need that functionality.

Guest sonicandroid

This is a good starting point: http://wiki.cyanogen...title=Barebones

It's somewhat personal preference as to what you remove as you may need functionality that someone else doesn't and vice-versa. Basically go through the entries that say 'yes' (safe to remove), read the descriptions and decide if you need that functionality.

I added some apps to the remove-list and when I want to install the zip I get an error (status 6). Do you know what i did wrong?

Guest jimwormold

Why are no new nightlies being built for the blade? :(

So much looking forward to the led notifications...

Good question - is there anyway to find out?

Guest targetbsp

There are often periods were nightlies aren't made for a few days. If you click through the other models ,there are plenty of other phones also not getting nightlies atm. We're not being picked on. :)

right now i am with n179 and i'd like to update.

after ICS source is released, how much time does it take to get a stable release approx?

I mean, from the experience of gingerbread and cyano 8, how much time does it take? i'd rather avoid to update to latest nigthly now, and need to upgrade again in a month's time. if this is the case, i'd rather wait :)

thanks

Guest Revenge

right now i am with n179 and i'd like to update.

after ICS source is released, how much time does it take to get a stable release approx?

I mean, from the experience of gingerbread and cyano 8, how much time does it take? i'd rather avoid to update to latest nigthly now, and need to upgrade again in a month's time. if this is the case, i'd rather wait :)

thanks

About 2 or 3 weeks for a release with the basic functions.

About 3 Months for a full functional release.

Guest Kamikaze.

Yeah, but we don't actually know when they release the source code. It can be like in December or something... The first custom rom builds will be too buggy for every day use, i think.