[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

If You want You can use this Current CM7 KANG

Intstalled it earlier today, seems to be eating a lot of batter =/

If it doesnt get better i will go back to the latest nightly (but i still have the impression that N179 or so was the best one in battery time)

Guest Obsydian

Intstalled it earlier today, seems to be eating a lot of batter =/

If it doesnt get better i will go back to the latest nightly (but i still have the impression that N179 or so was the best one in battery time)

Was the same for me, so back to the standard 227.

Edited by Obsydian

Hi all,

I’ve used Battery Monitor Widget to see if my Blade is sleeping correctly during nights. For example last night at 22:00 I turned data off and set the alarm clock to 7:25. Then in the morning I checked the Battery Monitor Widget’s history. It showed that the current consumption was 3mA until at 4:30 it went up to 34mA and stayed there 20 minutes. This ate 3% of the battery (83 -> 80%). Overall I lost 5% during the night.

Android’s battery usage info shows that the phone was awake during night for a while. How could I find out which app is waking up the phone?

I'm using Nightly 227.

Guest downloader50

I have to admit that even though i didn't beleive the previous reports it does look like 3G is using a lot of battery forcing 2G only seems to use a lot less I have just seen battery go from 100% to 82% in 40 mins using 3G and with the sreen on set at 70%

Guest MidaMilunk

hello all!why 228 takes too long to be ready?

btw,i prefer that from change every day a version

Good question!

Anyway, there is no chance to ever have n228, since the number shows the days passed after the first release, does not count the nightly builds!

Guest targetbsp

Android’s battery usage info shows that the phone was awake during night for a while. How could I find out which app is waking up the phone?

I'm using Nightly 227.

Spare Parts should show you under battery history -> partial wakes

Guest downloader50

can you go from 7.1 to a nightly and then back again if you don't like the nightly without a full wipe? Would like to try the nightly's without too much messing about and I ahve already tried one of the kangs without wiping and forgot to make a back up and wonder if i have screwed up my 7.1

Edited by downloader50

Guest targetbsp

Yeah you can flash backwards and forwards between different versions of Cm7 without issue. Though you may or may not have to re-setup some of your options in Cm Settings considering the overhaul it's had in recent builds.

Guest downloader50

Yeah you can flash backwards and forwards between different versions of Cm7 without issue. Though you may or may not have to re-setup some of your options in Cm Settings considering the overhaul it's had in recent builds.

Thanks for info

Guest rockstarszzzz

This morning I woke up dreaming that the nightly or (should I say fortnightly?) was finally released and it wasn't CM7 2.3.7, it was CM9 4.0 !! Wouldn't it be nice if this dream came true! Blah, I woke up.. can't get the dream back.

Anyways, too much off-topic there, but I've for now moved away from CM7 as battery drain is definitely due to 3G for me and if I can't use my 3G phone as 3G, I would buy Nokia 3310 instead! Keeping a close eye on this..

Tip: Anyone with battery issues, no KANG will solve it (my pure guess), so instead of flooding this thread, try something else. I'm on BladeMix360 and am back to using 3G for atleast 36-40 hours before my phone dies! However you will lose plenty of functionalities and simple looks - if you issues isn't battery related - don't change! There will be CM9 4.0 soon! :)

Yeah, 3G definitely drains the life out of the phone, always had this problem on CM7 (didn't try anything else), i use wifi when available which lasts much longer.

Guest targetbsp

Tip: Anyone with battery issues, no KANG will solve it (my pure guess), so instead of flooding this thread, try something else. I'm on BladeMix360 and am back to using 3G for atleast 36-40 hours before my phone dies!

I'm a long time CM fan, and everytime I try a new rom I'm always back here within a day. But I thought I'd give the new kids on the block a try today: Moldovan and BladeMix. Trying Blademix first and just setting it up. I'm a very functional kind of guy and not one much for cosmetics but wow this Blademix is flash ain't it? All these screen and popup flips. Loving it, it's fun! :D

Edited by targetbsp

I'm still losing 40-50% battery per night with latest kang builds. Phone doesn't sleep unless I enable airplane mode. Rolled back to N208, fixed (android 2.3.5)

Some info -> I have a UZO sim card (portugal virtual provider, runs on TMN network), probably other network doesn't have this problem...

Edited by TigTex

Guest BurgerZ
I'm still losing 40-50% battery per night with latest kang builds. Phone doesn't sleep unless I enable airplane mode. Rolled back to N208, fixed (android 2.3.5)

Some info -> I have a UZO sim card (portugal virtual provider, runs on TMN network), probably other network doesn't have this problem...

I have the same problem. My battery status change from 100 to 80-82 till night. I dont want to turn off 3g because blade is 3g phone and must use it. If i needed 2g i'll use my 8800nokia.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Guest Rooster#1

Having sensor problem... screen does not turn off during a call, and today when I was out in bright sunlight - the screen wouldnt come on !

I got my ROM from XDA as a package...

Any advice please ?

CM7.1 Version (Upgrades from Gen1 to Gen2 & installs CyanogenMod 7.1 - all in one)<br style=color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(251, 248, 244); ">Download: cm7.1-blade-gen1-to-gen2-tpt.zip mirror mirror mirror mirror<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(251, 248, 244); ">Download size: 108.38 MB<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(251, 248, 244); ">MD5: e3ea353eea248ee1174d0f6b4cf735e8<br style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(251, 248, 244); ">SHA1: b0e2ce3eca84bbd2551c027ff4abbcd9f282503f

Guest ffoxsake

Having sensor problem... screen does not turn off during a call, and today when I was out in bright sunlight - the screen wouldnt come on !

I got my ROM from XDA as a package...

Any advice please ?

Yes. Try using search... same question has been answered about 20 times in the past month.

(clue: calibrate your proximity sensor)

smile.gif

Yeah, these KANG versions are eating hell a lot of battery, mine is in 30% in 20 hours of use (including 1 hour in airplane mode!). I used to recharge my Blade 3 times a week...

rolling back to N228!

Yeah, these KANG versions are eating hell a lot of battery, mine is in 30% in 20 hours of use (including 1 hour in airplane mode!). I used to recharge my Blade 3 times a week...

rolling back to N228!

30% in 20 hours, is that actually something to complain about on a phone like blade? I usually have to recharge several times a day :-)

Guest sej7278

rolling back to N228!

there is no n228, but its not a rom problem its either 3g, apps with wakelocks, duff settings or old batteries, as plenty of us have been getting a week's usage out of all of the kangs since n220+ and i don't think people have been doing better on the regular nightly 227

Edited by sej7278