[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Schwinni
I'm aware of that. But it doesn't explain, why my wifi transfer rate was also down with N36.

This could be caused by the "Jesus Phone mode" also.

That's one of the disadvantages of a monolithic kernel architecture.

Guest samjam
accelerometer's issue appears in the nightly 11.

In this nightly CM7 was build for first time with 2.3.3 SDK.

I hope that the bug is not in 2.3.3 sdk so, bug is certainly due to a merge.

Can a cyanogen developer take a look?

Good detective work

This could be caused by the "Jesus Phone mode" also.

That's one of the disadvantages of a monolithic kernel architecture.

I'm a patient man. I can wait these few days until stable release. Then I setup my phone entirely new from scratch, anyway.

Guest tdroza
ADB working fine for me too, except today on n36 couple of random reboots while connected...

Anyway, did you manage to get file explorer working on your eclipse?

I found something that said I need to replace ls up get it to display, but no idea how or what to replace it with...

Simon

I've never used the Android file explorer in Eclipse before, but just tried it and it doesn't work for me either. Odd, because I can adb push/pull no problem from a command prompt. Works fine with the emulator, just not with my CM7 Blade.

Guest dibbles
so we are going to get to final without the gps/reboot issues being fixed :D

although there is some progress by the looks of it - seems it is false battery temp readings, no specifically the gps:

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...277&q=blade

It is a suggestion that the raising temp reading of the battery when in sleep mode, combined with that of a previous use of GPS, might be causing the shutdown.

I have not monitored it but I wonder if the rising temp of the phone being left in sleep mode still occurs whether the GPS has been used or not..?

Also does the temp "issue" apply to, for example, the Swedish Spring 2.2 ROM and, if it does, why does using the GPS not cause that to shut down..?

EDIT: Just installed the battery widget and found that the phone, when left to sleep, will raise its reported temp from 26c to 55c in a matter of three minutes. Maybe it would have gone higher but I just left it for a few minutes to check. I would doubt that it could be an actual reading.

Edited by dibbles

Guest JobSup
EDIT: Just installed the battery widget and found that the phone, when left to sleep, will raise its reported temp from 26c to 55c in a matter of three minutes. Maybe it would have gone higher but I just left it for a few minutes to check. I would doubt that it could be an actual reading.

I have seen that too. The interesting point is: is the battery really getting hot and why, or is it only false data from the sensors? The phone doesn't really feel hot. But if it is the sensors, why it is going up so gradually?

Guest dibbles
I have seen that too. The interesting point is: is the battery really getting hot and why, or is it only false data from the sensors? The phone doesn't really feel hot. But if it is the sensors, why it is going up so gradually?

Not that it is an accurate measurement but with the cover off the battery feels just as cool when left on sleep @ 55c as it did when in use at 26c.

I do not know if this anomaly occurs when using a 2.2 ROM or if it is indeed related to the GPS shut down.

Guest The Soup Thief
Not that it is an accurate measurement but with the cover off the battery feels just as cool when left on sleep @ 55c as it did when in use at 26c.

I do not know if this anomaly occurs when using a 2.2 ROM or if it is indeed related to the GPS shut down.

I've done some monitoring of this myself (using Battery Monitor on N36, described a few pages back) and couldn't get any measurement of the temperature having shifted markedly no matter what I did - sleep, flight mode, gps on/off and permutations of these. Can I just confirm, dibbles and Jobsup, are you over or underclocking? I'm not - if you are then that would seem to be the difference that makes the difference...

The mods have identified already found (so far as I've understood it, though I've taken my eye off the ball) that giving artificially normalised temperature readings (preventing the false temperature spikes) prevents the shutdowns people have had while overclocking. So it was looking like fixing the governor would hopefully resolve the temperature spikes and avoid the shutdowns (sorry if this is old / wrong news - I've not been keeping up)

EDIT - as per post 1124 above - references to Jesus Phone overclock values...

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Rotmann
yes (but tasker is, on the whole, very annoying as it has a crap interface, i slightly modified the app to my liking as it takes ages to set up tasks like this in the standard version)

oo is this one able to change to 2g when screen is off and back to 3g when screen is on? As above, i hate tasker, so would like to try a new app that does the same thing....

A note to people who think this is really off topic: Doing this has helped battery life on CM7 massively as there seems to be something wrong with the 3g data sucking on the battery much harder than on froyo. So its kinda related as it should help people out and, most importantly, stop people moaning about battery life!

Try AutomateIt or Locale, great simple alternatives to tasker but with simpler UI and not so complex.

Guest The Soup Thief
Try AutomateIt or Locale, great simple alternatives to tasker but with simpler UI and not so complex.

+1 for AutomateIt - nice and simple - doesn't seem to have the versatility of Tasker, but it is easy to use and about 4 euro 50 cheaper

Guest sej7278

sorry to hijack (kind of) the thread, but has anyone not been able to charge their white blade/sf on froyo? my sister's simply cannot get to 100% or get the green led on. my grey one works fine.

everything related to batteries i can find is calibration issues, and they assume you can get to 100% charge.

she tried clearing the data from clockwork to no avail also using an app.

Guest dibbles
I've done some monitoring of this myself (using Battery Monitor on N36, described a few pages back) and couldn't get any measurement of the temperature having shifted markedly no matter what I did - sleep, flight mode, gps on/off and permutations of these. Can I just confirm, dibbles and Jobsup, are you over or underclocking? I'm not - if you are then that would seem to be the difference that makes the difference...

The mods have identified already found (so far as I've understood it, though I've taken my eye off the ball) that giving artificially normalised temperature readings (preventing the false temperature spikes) prevents the shutdowns people have had while overclocking. So it was looking like fixing the governor would hopefully resolve the temperature spikes and avoid the shutdowns (sorry if this is old / wrong news - I've not been keeping up)

EDIT - as per post 1124 above - references to Jesus Phone overclock values...

That is a good point you have made. Mine were based on overclocked values of 245mhz to 691mhz and "on demand" as a governor. With that premise I would assume that all should be well. However I then stopped using any overclocked / underclocked settings and at idle my phone was 24c and when left for a few minutes on sleep it then was 54c.

So no difference noted.

Guest The Soup Thief
That is a good point you have made. Mine were based on overclocked values of 245mhz to 691mhz and "on demand" as a governor. With that premise I would assume that all should be well. However I then stopped using any overclocked / underclocked settings and at idle my phone was 24c and when left for a few minutes on sleep it then was 54c.

So no difference noted.

FWIW, having not changed mine, it's set to OnDemand, min 245, max 600 and my temperature graphs in Battery Monitor are very uninteresting... nothing above 38 degrees today despite a fair bit of sleepytime. A few swings here and there but nothing greater than 7 degrees over a 10 minute period

Guest dibbles
FWIW, having not changed mine, it's set to OnDemand, min 245, max 600 and my temperature graphs in Battery Monitor are very uninteresting... nothing above 38 degrees today despite a fair bit of sleepytime. A few swings here and there but nothing greater than 7 degrees over a 10 minute period

Just restored my backup up of Swedish Spring RLS4b and it too shows the same high battery reading when the phone is in standby. However using the GPS does not cause it to shut down.

Guest The Soup Thief
Probably I'm just blind, but where do you find the appropriate action to toggle 2G/3G in automateit?

Yeah - I had that problem too. Couldn't find it after a bit of searching. You can switch off data traffic, but it ain't quite the same thing. Also you can get it to start another app. Tried to find an app that would just toggle 3g/2g without any user input - everyone I found requires some input. Hmph. Tasker would appear to be the missing link. The interface, though awkward, is actually very powerful once you get your head around it

The full version of juice defender does similar kinds of stuff, but Tasker just seems so much more versatile, once you're prepared to put the work in. Annyhoo, we're a bit off topic here...

Guest Michealtbh
From when I installed n36 I have random freezes and reboots after that. SO annoying. Any idea?

I presume youre overclocking? Overclocking is broken in nightly 36

Guest reluctant_traveller

Do most people here just automatically overclock as soon as the ROM has been flashed?! I am amazed by the number of people claiming problems and then stating they are overclocked; going on further to state how they were able to reach 3Ghz on Froyo or 70GHz on Eclair etc etc..

Is the ROM really that un-responsive without an overclock? I don't have any problems running Angry birds, mp4 movies, rolling thunder 2 etc.

Maybe my eyes are working on a 25hz refresh or something? Is overclocking the ROM really that important to people and do they really think you can overclock and still expect to get true representative bug reports?

Having tried the last 4 test boot.img files from Tom to see if they made a difference to the shutdown bug, it never once crossed my mind to 'oh, while i'm testing this, I will crank up the Hz to 11 on the dial' it's madness I tell you. Madness.

Guest Maringer
Yeah - I had that problem too. Couldn't find it after a bit of searching. You can switch off data traffic, but it ain't quite the same thing. Also you can get it to start another app. Tried to find an app that would just toggle 3g/2g without any user input - everyone I found requires some input. Hmph. Tasker would appear to be the missing link. The interface, though awkward, is actually very powerful once you get your head around it

The full version of juice defender does similar kinds of stuff, but Tasker just seems so much more versatile, once you're prepared to put the work in. Annyhoo, we're a bit off topic here...

Hmmm. After a quick search, I located this thread on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

Looks like a tool which should (in theory at least) toggle 3G/2G with screen off/on.

Unfortunately, I'm heading out shortly for a curry followed by a night of boozy bowling so don't have time to try it out myself! :D

If anybody tries it on the Blade, let us know if it works.

Edit: Hmmm, interesting comment on this page:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m...e=search_result

Edited by Maringer

Guest Apeman85
Do most people here just automatically overclock as soon as the ROM has been flashed?! I am amazed by the number of people claiming problems and then stating they are overclocked; going on further to state how they were able to reach 3Ghz on Froyo or 70GHz on Eclair etc etc..

Is the ROM really that un-responsive without an overclock? I don't have any problems running Angry birds, mp4 movies, rolling thunder 2 etc.

Maybe my eyes are working on a 25hz refresh or something? Is overclocking the ROM really that important to people and do they really think you can overclock and still expect to get true representative bug reports?

Having tried the last 4 test boot.img files from Tom to see if they made a difference to the shutdown bug, it never once crossed my mind to 'oh, while i'm testing this, I will crank up the Hz to 11 on the dial' it's madness I tell you. Madness.

The overclock makes a huge different on PES 2011 and some other games. Transition effects on ADX EX are also smoother. I haven't had any problems at 710 MHz and it really is a worthwhile boost IMHO.

Guest simonckenyon

i agree. can i make a suggesting for the sensible people trying to resolve these issues.

state in each and every one of your posts that you are NOT overclocking.

if you do that then the assumption is that you are in fact doing it. and then your bug report can be rightfully IGNORED.

TFT/N36/boot.img98d76/NOT OVERCLOCKING