[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Akash P

dont want to sound like a broken record but still having battery issues with latest nightly versions from sej, burstlam. looking under battery usage shows mostly system apps with 'android os' and 'mediaserver' the most prominent. so seems the drain isnt caused by any 3rd party apps. with cm7 nightlies over with and cm9 far from everyday use, i'm looking to switch to another gingerbread rom. pity thought as cm7 was the best of the bunch.

my last rom was gsf which hasnt been updated for months and lots of roms have sprouted up in this time and since i havent tried any of them, can someone point me to a rom with stock/mimimal themes, battery percentage mod, a2sd and overclocking support, suitable for 160mb patition and of course LONG BATTERY LIFE! (Have my eyes on Moldovan rls7)

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Well, the obvious choice has to be Moldovan! It fits all your criteria perfectly and is extremely smooth and stable. People report very good battery life with it as well.

Guest Akash P

Use this: CM 7.1.0

Moldovan is way smoother than CM 7.1.0. And more importantly, CM 7.1.0 is pretty outdated, nevertheless a good rom. But Moldovan is better.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Akash P

Guest Carbonize

And more importantly, CM 7.1.0 is pretty outdated, nevertheless a good rom.

What? How the hell is CM7 outdated? It's been the most actively worked on custom rom and, like Moldovan, is based on Gingerbread which is the latest version of Android working on the Blade.

Guest Akash P

What? How the hell is CM7 outdated? It's been the most actively worked on custom rom and, like Moldovan, is based on Gingerbread which is the latest version of Android working on the Blade.

My bad mate! Edited my post :D

Guest robinhud2010

Mediaserver might be your problem. I've never seen it on my battery history and I don't actually know what it does.

Thanks for the reply.

If this is the culprit, can someone elaborate what it does and how to terminate it (if possible)? i have a feeling it might be related to my music player - playerpro, as they show same runtime although mediaserver shows higher battery consumption. Will try freezing it to see if that stems the flow. Weird thing is, the drain isnt evident only overnight(~10%), simply navigating the settings menu seems hard on the battery and each reboot eats up 10-15%. i suppose this isnt normal?

EDIT: added screenshot

post-828126-0-22635300-1325005331_thumb.

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest Amphoras

Yeah - the md5 is not as quoted

I get B39D5F153A0E1F85A9FF4FFE55C332A3 consistently having downloaded it a couple of times

Not sure if this reflects an error uploading or not - perhaps Amphoras could check when he's back on line after the festivities

Merry Christmas all

Yeah sorry, I copied the md5sum from an old build and hadn't checked as just built this but didn't flash it. The one you're getting is the correct one.

Thanks for the reply.

If this is the culprit, can someone elaborate what it does and how to terminate it (if possible)? i have a feeling it might be related to my music player - playerpro, as they show same runtime although mediaserver shows higher battery consumption. Will try freezing it to see if that stems the flow. Weird thing is, the drain isnt evident only overnight(~10%), simply navigating the settings menu seems hard on the battery and each reboot eats up 10-15%. i suppose this isnt normal?

Rebooting takes what it takes, 10%-15% is quite normal though it's not that accurate. Seems like an app is keeping media server awake. Does the drain happen after a reboot or do you have to first listen to music and then the draining starts to happen? If you have access to files at xda, you can get BetterBatteryStats from here, which gives more details of partial wakelocks that the normal battery stats in CM7. The app is also available in market, if you can spare a $ or two.

edit: hmm.. now looking at your screenshot it's more likely to be "Android OS" causing it and from my experience, it's Maps using wireless location. Try disabling "use wireless networks" under "Location & security" in settings or freeze maps and see if it helps!

Edited by sm4tik

Thanks for the reply.

i have the same thing as you!

i use music player from CM7 and i have mediaserver taking a bit less then music player...

i don't know exactly what is it.. i though it take picture from the internet but.. i tried cut off 3G, but mediaserver still here..

i use burstlam 12 dec something like that... and for 1h of music, i'm losing about 10-14%..

Guest targetbsp

I'm using Poweramp and it doesn't seem to touch my battery. Mind you, I have used autostarts to disable all its events so I dunno if that makes a difference.

Guest Kamikaze.

Son of a bitch! Almost flushed this phone from toilet. Data wont work anymore, poor responsiveness, boot took five minutes. Anyone else having problems with the odexed kang? I thought I've got rid of this nasty shlt...

Guest fox2000

I had this severe problem with CM7: phone keeps connecting on data roaming even if I disabled it (both national and internationally) in its setting menu.

The problem is that I am under H3G and, when there's no 3G signal, phone goes roaming under another 2G network. It recognizes that it's roaming, but some little connections (4-5KB each) still occur, probably during the switch from H3G to 2G roaming, and I am constantly charged for this traffic. I lost almost 10€ only on December :(

I also installed "data controller" app, which acts as a server, stopping 3G data whenever the phone goes roaming, but it didn't work at all...

I think the problem should relate to the ROM itself, it's as if it wasn't able to immediately stop data traffic when the phone switches from home network to roam...

Do you have any clue? I have switched back to Froyo, as I don't remember any nasty roaming traffic occurring on 2.2, but I'd prefer to have a properly Gingerbread phone!! I got used to CM and its features!

Thank you :)

Edited by fox2000

Guest KingsizeX

Son of a bitch! Almost flushed this phone from toilet. Data wont work anymore, poor responsiveness, boot took five minutes. Anyone else having problems with the odexed kang? I thought I've got rid of this nasty shlt...

This version is giving me hell!

My touchscreen is not responding sometimes, had problems with miss touching when writing sms for example and not responding to swipe when navigating between home screens.

I also noticed that when charging the phone via USB the screen becomes unresponsive a lot! It gets "normal" the moment I deactivate usb charging.

Another thing I noticed is battery drain compared with the old "nightlies" I went all the way to N256 with no problem. But these latest versions are giving my Portuguese TMN Sapo A5 a hard time.

I need to check if old versions of CM7 have no problems and maybe test with stock rom. I don't think it is an hardware problem but you never know... it might get sent to repair if I find no solution.

Guest eucurto

This version is giving me hell!

My touchscreen is not responding sometimes, had problems with miss touching when writing sms for example and not responding to swipe when navigating between home screens.

I also noticed that when charging the phone via USB the screen becomes unresponsive a lot! It gets "normal" the moment I deactivate usb charging.

Another thing I noticed is battery drain compared with the old "nightlies" I went all the way to N256 with no problem. But these latest versions are giving my Portuguese TMN Sapo A5 a hard time.

I need to check if old versions of CM7 have no problems and maybe test with stock rom. I don't think it is an hardware problem but you never know... it might get sent to repair if I find no solution.

I have a Sapo a5 and it goes wonderful with sej KANG 21Dez. i didn't tried butslam's yet...

Guest kol0bok

I am very unhappy with the frozen state of the nightly build service. IMHO xmas would have been the perfect time to release 7.2.0 but nothing happened. And so, out of boredom, I built an own KANG firmware today.

It represents the repository state at 2011-12-29 ~18:00 UTC, just what has been merged so far, no further modifications applied. Enjoy!

http://www.multiupload.com/FFQJ73NI4H

f5557ffc437a531993495eb688727b01 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip

Guest domo-kun

Using n257 for 15 days and battery life was horrible :( Just medium usage, and battery can't last for a day... And today Blade started acting weird, it actually stopped charging via wall charger, charging via USB cable works great... Decided to flash kang n210+, and let it charge via USB cable to 100% and did battery calibration... Battery life is so much better (with this kind of usage, on some nightly between 200 and 210 nightly my phone battery life was 4-5 days) but charging with wall charger still doesn't work, when i plug charger, battery mV starts to get down instead UP (it's like wall charger suck all my battery voltage)... Anyone with the same problem?

Guest marcodassi

I am very unhappy with the frozen state of the nightly build service. IMHO xmas would have been the perfect time to release 7.2.0 but nothing happened. And so, out of boredom, I built an own KANG firmware today.

It represents the repository state at 2011-12-29 ~18:00 UTC, just what has been merged so far, no further modifications applied. Enjoy!

http://www.multiupload.com/FFQJ73NI4H

f5557ffc437a531993495eb688727b01 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip

thank you! :D

Guest domo-kun

@ paulocostavct, thanks, yes I do have a warranty but in Swiss... I'm gonna buy new charger easily... But I think that problem is with my Blade :( Because my sister have ZTE Racer and the same charger as my Blade came with, and the same thing happens when I plug my Blade with that charger.