[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

A CWM installer for Sej's Undervolt (CPU and wifi) Kernel for existing Cm7 installs.

All credit to Sej for compiling it and WBAW for creating it.

My job was literally no more complicated than replacing a file in a zip with another one. :D

http://blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/cm7-undervolt-kernel.zip

Edited by targetbsp

Guest brickornot

Anyone tested n317 from Burstlam ?

http://bbs.hiapk.com...965099-1-1.html

this is google translated but:

[January 12] N317X-FIX-35: http://115.com/file/e7zio518

[January 12] N317X-FIX-35-ODEX: http://115.com/file/be8j6ekg

SYSTRAN translates last part of it like this:

These weeks calculate that adjusted good complete WIFI and CPU voltage dropping part. However obstructs in the hardware limit,

The CPU part is only at the 600MHZ following frequency ~ under ultra frequency completely is impossible.

I suggested that if to talk over the telephone and some CPU occupancy rate somewhat low procedures (looks at E-book and so on),

Edited by brickornot

wow this undervoltage thing seems to work really well.

I have my phone on for 11 hours and it is still on 85%. I haven't used it much (little of WiFi use, 2 calls, 5 messages), but it's still impressive.

Reminds me of the N179 times, when batter never went down.

very nice work guys :D

Guest sej7278

wow this undervoltage thing seems to work really well.

I have my phone on for 11 hours and it is still on 85%. I haven't used it much (little of WiFi use, 2 calls, 5 messages), but it's still impressive.

Reminds me of the N179 times, when batter never went down.

very nice work guys :D

i've never had battery problems, but mine's been on for 32 hours with some wifi, sms, alarmclock etc. and its still at 96% (although its within that unreliable top 10% i know).

Guest sej7278

A CWM installer for Sej's Undervolt (CPU and wifi) Kernel for existing Cm7 installs.

My job was literally no more complicated than replacing a file in a zip with another one. :D

http://blade.windows...volt-kernel.zip

nice one, i was going to get around it it (just kernel not boot.img) but now i don't have to lol.

i've stopped overclocking my phone, it didn't seem 100% stable and i'd prefer the battery life to a little more speed. i guess the undervolt would still work when it was under 400mhz, but it just seems a bit odd to overclock and underclock at the same time lol.

i had to remove my upload as it had 400 downloads or so in a day, i thought nobody read this thread anymore lol! somebody mirrored it on here, i hope it wasn't to megaupload :o

Edited by sej7278

Guest shmizan

http://blade.windows...volt-kernel.zip

thank you!

been waiting for this.. still on nightly 220+, no reason for it not to work right?

Edited by shmizan

Guest sej7278

thank you!

been waiting for this.. still on nightly 220+, no reason for it not to work right?

not so sure about that, its going a bit far back. do a backup first.

Guest targetbsp

i've stopped overclocking my phone, it didn't seem 100% stable and i'd prefer the battery life to a little more speed. i guess the undervolt would still work when it was under 400mhz, but it just seems a bit odd to overclock and underclock at the same time lol.

yeah it does sound odd but I don't think it's completely nuts. The undervolting will save you power in standby whilst the overclock will make you faster in use. Of course if you don't need the performance you could theoretically save power all the time by setting your max clock lower. I think that is what Burstlam is trying to say via Brickornot at the top of the page. However, in use, rather than standby, the CPU's power use may have less significance as there'll be many other parts of the phone draining power (screen, speakers, radio, wifi etc).

The wifi used to use a ton of power - my phone could barely charge whilst downloading something big! Hopefully the undervolting of it makes a power saving.

Guest yadayada

I've been reading about the undervoltage cpu and wifi, and manage to self compile toms' kernel with the necessary modifications.

But I would like to know what each value (.c code) represents in voltage.

For example the cpu voltage uses the 'int vdd' parameter in the clkctl_acpu_speed structure, and from what I can see it can have a value from 0 to 7.

Can anyone point me to a volt representation of this values? There must be some qualcomm reference pdf, but maybe not a public one...

I would also like to know the real values in the wifi from: .ocr_mask = MMC_VDD_28_29 to .ocr_mask = MMC_VDD_20_21

Guest I900-Nutzer

Hmm - would it work when i take the boot.img from Burstlam's latestet Release (N317-Fix from above) and "transplant" it so Sej's latest Kang?

Thx!

Guest jimwormold

Hi all,

I've just started using Airdroid (which provides desktop access to some of the phone's functionality) and have noticed a rather serious problem with USB tethering in nightly 256 which is also present in the Jan18-KANG build.

Essentially, when I switch off the USB tether, the usb connected and usb debugging icons in my notification bar disappear. Even if I disconnect and reconnect, I can no longer access the USB functions on my phone (ie the storage is not mounted). However, the phone charges and any triggers for the usb connected fire correctly.

It actually appears that the USB ports are not responsive on the computer any more and inserting a USB stick is also not registered. They only work again on a reboot. Obviously this could well be a problem with Windows XP, but I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced something similar. I was over the moon when I discovered how useful Airdroid was going to be, but now it appears as though I won't be able to use it!

Regards,

Jim

Guest steeperton

Did anyone notice an unusual image flicker in camera preview in latest builds (e.g. Sej's 18jan3)?

Yes, seems to "flash" the screen every 5 seconds or so. Also affects the camcorder, and recorded videos have the "flicker" at the same time intervals.

(Note I'm not using the 18Jan03, but the undervolt zip posted above).

Edit: Ignore the above - I rebooted to a backup before the undervolt kernel, and it was doing the same there! So, nothing to do with the new kernel.

Edited by steeperton

Guest brickornot

Hmm - would it work when i take the boot.img from Burstlam's latestet Release (N317-Fix from above) and "transplant" it so Sej's latest Kang?

Thx!

even if, why you want to do it ?

Is anybody tested this fix ? this n17fix rom ?

I would test it but i can not in this week. so maybe somebody could run it ?

And i do not know much about undervolting - especially one thing - if for example inside burstlam rom is working

supporting undervolting kernel -

how to undervolt it ? is there some app for it ? or it is just by default ?

Guest hankhandsome

You can still overclock if that's what you're asking? :)

no, not really interested in overclocking. more interested in battery life as I assumed the smartass governor made sure that the phone didn't consume as much energy while idle.

Guest targetbsp

no, not really interested in overclocking. more interested in battery life as I assumed the smartass governor made sure that the phone didn't consume as much energy while idle.

Yes, I use SmartAssv2. You can actually do it from CM Settings -> Performance -> CPU Settings. You don't need No Frills.

Did anyone notice an unusual image flicker in camera preview in latest builds (e.g. Sej's 18jan3)?

image flicker is caused by overclocking! set CPU to 604MHz max and flickering is gone ;)

Guest targetbsp

image flicker is caused by overclocking! set CPU to 604MHz max and flickering is gone ;)

Just tested that and it does seem to be the case. If you have tasker you can easily set it to reduce the clock speed when the camera app is in use and restore it afterwards.

Guest targetbsp

Whilst we're generally on the topic of power saving over the past few pages of this thread... I note that my min CPU speed is 245Mhz. Presumably that was the default? Is there any reason to not use 122? Other roms do.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

how to undervolt it ? is there some app for it ? or it is just by default ?

I've not used Burstlams but in other kernels with that feature the undervolting is automatic when the CPU is below a certain speed.

Guest Sparrow1

Whilst we're generally on the topic of power saving over the past few pages of this thread... I note that my min CPU speed is 245Mhz. Presumably that was the default? Is there any reason to not use 122? Other roms do.

With CPU speed 122MHz I experienced choppy sound and cracks when listening to MP3 when phone is idle and screen is off. Other than that I haven't experienced any problems.

i have always set the min speed to 122Mhz without any problems

maybe there are problems with highly bitrate mp3s, but seems that i don't have one of them ;)