[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest CaptainSpectacular

I confirm, I do full wipe (DATA, cache, Davik) install the N38 (with Gen2 converter from KK) and google apps. I install Google Maps, launch "Navigation" select destination, all OK. I try again with another desination, it's ok. I stay on the GPS 2 or 5 minutes, all OK.

I try another destination... Phone reboot... :)

I'll try to contact Jacob.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest ThrashMan
What is meant by this comment? Each and every fix is passed through a verification process, none of them are dirty hacks. The rate this rom has moved along is incredible and there are really only small details that affect the day to day use with this rom at all.

Accelerometer is the main bug now. USB tethering is not something that affect most users day to day and there are alternatives. The good far outweighs the bad with this rom, it really annoys me when i see people complaining about the rom. (Not saying your comment is a flat out complaint!)

Please look at the people we have maintaining this rom. Tom G who works full time as far as i am aware and Jacob who is just a kid at the end of the day. He is a student, has just got his first job and surely needs to fit in a social life.

Please all take this into consideration or start donating money to these guys so they can work part time and earn off the rom :)

My comment wasn't aimed as a complaint....merely an obvservation. The problem as an "outsider", as far as CM7 development is concerned, is I don't get to see enough detail regarding decisions that are made.

For example:

"Change I237bc7ca: Blade: Remove QCOM_LIBRPC from BoardConfig.mk - GPS locks faster without it."

Whilst GPS may well lock faster without it there's nothing to say whether something else might be relying on "QCOM_LIBRPC". Presumably it was there for a reason and it's removal may have been:

a: A well informed decision based on good & solid data

b: It's gives the right result, let's do it and see what tester feedback is

I have no complaint about the speed of development. I'm fairly sure CM7 will reach "final" before we have a completed ROM. CM are happy they have pretty much finished the CM elements of the ROM, it's now for each device maintainers to complete their work.

I can only hope CM7 for Blade is completed before my Blade dies :)

Guest mark2410
You are reflashing DTa2sd directly after flashing the new rom, right?

no, lol it sounds so blisteringly obvious now you say it. i shall try and report back when i can.

Guest pellonet
My comment wasn't aimed as a complaint....merely an obvservation. The problem as an "outsider", as far as CM7 development is concerned, is I don't get to see enough detail regarding decisions that are made.

For example:

"Change I237bc7ca: Blade: Remove QCOM_LIBRPC from BoardConfig.mk - GPS locks faster without it."

Whilst GPS may well lock faster without it there's nothing to say whether something else might be relying on "QCOM_LIBRPC". Presumably it was there for a reason and it's removal may have been:

a: A well informed decision based on good & solid data

b: It's gives the right result, let's do it and see what tester feedback is

I have no complaint about the speed of development. I'm fairly sure CM7 will reach "final" before we have a completed ROM. CM are happy they have pretty much finished the CM elements of the ROM, it's now for each device maintainers to complete their work.

I can only hope CM7 for Blade is completed before my Blade dies :)

Well done! You started to dig yourself out of the hole you dug with your first assessment & immediately dug it deeper with your follow up. If you are qualified either by experience or skills in this area then wouldn't your time be better spent contributing to the development instead of looking for holes to pick?

If a decision is taken in development to add or remove something then I would be happy to rely on those with a greater knowledge to know about the 'collateral damage' you are suggesting & not assuming they are just chucking stuff at us on a 'suck it & see' basis.

As a fellow 'observer' then observe ALL of the resource areas relating to this project before sharing your ill-informed observations with those of us who have faith in our benefactors.

Guest jbfyou

Has anyone problems with certain apps on nightly 38?

I get missing shared library errors with paypal and twitter app, everything else works fine

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Like I say 2 or 3 times, N38 doesn't fix the GPS reboot, at least on Google Navigation, for me. I'm on gen2 phone so I can't really say if that's rom fault or mine...

The phone reboot sometimes just after Google Navigation launch, not after 10 mins or so...

No prob with Google map, so I don't know what I must think...

Guest mELIANTE
Like I say 2 or 3 times, N38 doesn't fix the GPS reboot, at least on Google Navigation, for me. I'm on gen2 phone so I can't really say if that's rom fault or mine...

The phone reboot sometimes just after Google Navigation launch, not after 10 mins or so...

Is CM7 Gen2 compatible now?

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Yes, but I don't really know if it's "stable" compatibility or not...

See here

Is that for I ask for that ?

What's mean exactly the " Added Gen2 support and updated/added defconfigs ". Maybe I must contact Kallt-Kaffe. :)

Guest mELIANTE
Yes, but I don't really know if it's "stable" compatibility or not...

See here

Is that for I ask for that ?

What's mean exactly the " Added Gen2 support and updated/added defconfigs ". Maybe I must contact Kallt-Kaffe. :)

That's not official then? You shouldn't be presenting kernel related bugs if you're not using the boot.img from the official cm7 package?

Guest NonameXx

I cant find gaps in the N38 but installed it ! WTF? I tried full wipe and with boot after install the gaps but nothing works. Anyone have this problem?

Edited by NonameXx

Guest CaptainSpectacular
That's not official then? You shouldn't be presenting kernel related bugs if you're not using the boot.img from the official cm7 package?

Yeah sure. I ask in case of someone use it on Gen 2 like me...

But it's not so important, for me at least. I'll contact Kallt and see what he think of this.

Thanks anyway. :)

Guest Fransis.co

On N38 after full wipe.

I use the ADW Launcher swipe actions, both up and down

Setting the swipe down action to open Notification Bar doesn`t work now, anybody else have this ?

Guest ThrashMan
Well done! You started to dig yourself out of the hole you dug with your first assessment & immediately dug it deeper with your follow up. If you are qualified either by experience or skills in this area then wouldn't your time be better spent contributing to the development instead of looking for holes to pick?

If a decision is taken in development to add or remove something then I would be happy to rely on those with a greater knowledge to know about the 'collateral damage' you are suggesting & not assuming they are just chucking stuff at us on a 'suck it & see' basis.

As a fellow 'observer' then observe ALL of the resource areas relating to this project before sharing your ill-informed observations with those of us who have faith in our benefactors.

rofl....good over reaction :)

My previous parting comment was a dig at the build quality of the Blade :)

Guest Frankish

And has kallte updated the N38 boot.img for gen 2? The boot.img contains the kernel and the gps fix is contained in the kernel. If he hasn;t updated it then you're using an older kernel on nightly 38.

Please wait for reporting bugs on gen 2 for official cm support :)

Guest k0nrad
Has anyone problems with certain apps on nightly 38?

I get missing shared library errors with paypal and twitter app, everything else works fine

I cant find gaps in the N38 but installed it ! WTF? I tried full wipe and with boot after install the gaps but nothing works. Anyone have this problem?

I had both of these problems when I flashed N37 - first one when upgrading from RC4 without wipe, second one after full wipe clean install. I don't know if the 1st issue would have occurred on clean install as well - I didn't try any apps on that setup as there was no Market access.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
And has kallte updated the N38 boot.img for gen 2? The boot.img contains the kernel and the gps fix is contained in the kernel. If he hasn;t updated it then you're using an older kernel on nightly 38.

Please wait for reporting bugs on gen 2 for official cm support :)

Thanks for clarify the situation. :)

All is clear now. ^^

Guest Frankish

Hmm looks like kallte's script updates the kernel on the fly so gps should be fixed in n38 for gen2 actually.

Are you overclocking at all. Try nav without overclocking whatsoever. Stock frequencies with OnDemand governor.

EDIT:

Looking at kallte's script it really is a brilliant method...always should work for newest nightlies!

Edited by Frankish

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Yeah, I'm really new to the Android world,but I see where's the ''good guys''. :)

Kallte has reply to me, he use his script too and had no problem with the GPS... Look like i'm the only one with this issue.

I haven't set anything, the rom is "clean" fresh install. No overclocking or other stuff...

Just right now I've tested the Google Navigation app with the phone "cold". I launch two times with no prob. Then I run again, the app show my position then "boum" reboot... After just 1 minute or 2...

Strange.

There's any error report that I can see or submit ?

Thanks again. :)

EDIT : I just try "GPS test" app, the phone has reboot 1 minute after launch. So it's not "just" Google nav app. :/

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest campyr
Hmm looks like kallte's script updates the kernel on the fly so gps should be fixed in n38 for gen2 actually.

Are you overclocking at all. Try nav without overclocking whatsoever. Stock frequencies with OnDemand governor.

EDIT:

Looking at kallte's script it really is a brilliant method...always should work for newest nightlies!

just stuck in n38, had co-pilot on a few times . no reboot sorted yee ha :)

Guest Ashenfall

I've also just had the 'Missing shared library' error on N38.

Oddly enough, Twitter seemed to disappear from my phone - and got the missing shared library error when trying to reinstall it.

Guest marin6061
On N38 after full wipe.

I use the ADW Launcher swipe actions, both up and down

Setting the swipe down action to open Notification Bar doesn`t work now, anybody else have this ?

The same problem here.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Yes it's brilliant but I didn't make it. Koush (Clockwork author) wrote it asfaik.

I think the recent changes by Jacob in BoardConfig.mk made the difference with the GPS crashes. My phone ran over 6 hours without crashes today with my own kernel (that has none of the suggested battery fixes) and N38 and I provoked it a lot with different GPS apps. I could be wrong of course and I might just have been lucky today.

Currently I've swithed to Gen2 version of Toms kernel (ver3b of the cm7_gen2_converter) and keep provoking it. Still going strong without any reboots.

Guest kallt_kaffe
There's any error report that I can see or submit ?

After a crash like that the last lines if /proc/kmsg is stored in /proc/last_kmsg but you only have one chance to read it.

If you have adb working you could try this after a crash and then look in the end of the file for any clues on what happend:

adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

If you do not have adb working you can use a terminal and type:

cat /proc/last_kmsg > /mnt/sdcard/last_kmsg and then copy the file to your computer after doing an USB mount.