[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sm4tik

No news about the new kernel and wifi with battery drain fixed?

Nope. You could go star the issue in the tracker (if you haven't already?), this way you'll get the news first :)

Guest hankhandsome

The apps you frooze don't allow that. And most people buy for similar reasons to mine

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4 PS.

From where i can see, there are only two apps in that list that you could argue don't allow you to synchronise your online life - email and calendar sync. the rest of them are certainly apps i'd also get rid of, and, in many cases, have gotten rid of.

Guest kingpair

From where i can see, there are only two apps in that list that you could argue don't allow you to synchronise your online life - email and calendar sync.

I use the gmail app instead of the native email client. Syncing is fine.

@Sej, your 19 march rom is a real keeper. Great work! Would it be possible to release subsequent roms with the old kernel integrated? Would certainly make using pdroid far easier. :)

Guest hankhandsome

I use the gmail app instead of the native email client. Syncing is fine.

I use both - neither really has any impact on battery life, although that's probably down to the fact i only sync them every 2 hours

Guest pan05

Any idea why the "Build date" string in the "About Phone" menu won't be updated in my own builds? Although i build frequently, it seems that it stuck at the date i installed my first KANG (after this feature was merged, of course). I only wipe cache and dalvic cache between installations though.

Thanks

Guest MrIcka

Yeah, I can turn off the other LED notifications but not the low battery one.

And there is absolutely no way some of you hackers can make a patch thingy to bypass this?

Guest sej7278

I had that. You have to delete out/target/product/blade/system/build.prop before compiling

i delete out/ completely before compiling as you always get stuff like this that doesn't get rebuilt properly.

Guest targetbsp

i delete out/ completely before compiling as you always get stuff like this that doesn't get rebuilt properly.

It takes flipping ages to recompile if you do that! I never do that. :D

Guest sm4tik

To avoid some of the problems, here's what I've been doing lately

$ . build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch cyanogen_blade-eng

$ make installclean

$ make bacon

Though I have a dualcore processor, I still have to use 'make -j1 bacon' bacause I've got way too little memory. By default 'make bacon' will be using -j"number of cores" to build.

Guest sej7278

so you're never guaranteed to get a clean build.

i always understood the build system when using an old out/ was supposed to recompile things that have changed and leave things that haven't, but it doesn't seem to work as we've seen.

~/.ccache is for speeding up the build, although i don't find it helps much even on an ssd.

Guest GoNz0

time for me to thank all those who have helped make this excellent mod and duck out to set the modaco site to open on the samsung galaxy S2 section instead.

after wandering into vodafone today i walked out with my 1st phone contract for about 12 years with a shiny new phone, my god its fast compared to the blade!!!

Guest targetbsp

so you're never guaranteed to get a clean build.

i always understood the build system when using an old out/ was supposed to recompile things that have changed and leave things that haven't, but it doesn't seem to work as we've seen.

I've never encountered an issue other than the date in build.prop. And as the contents of build.prop hasn't technically changed, that's not an unreasonable oversight of the build system. I'd like to assume anything more critical that's generated at compile time (if anything??) without a source change to trigger a recompile is accounted for? But perhaps I'm just optimistic!

I'll bare it in mind if i ever run into trouble but I'm just using the method from the CM instructions and it's never sent me too far wrong. I'm doing this on a VM, on a HD (no room on my SSD) restricted to a single core and quite simply don't have the time to recompile from scratch each time vs the few minutes it takes to compile the changes.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest shmizan

A kernel related question: there used to be many posts asking how to wake up the phone using the hardware buttons, and it was answered impossible.

but if the phone can be woken when the ZTE headset is plugged in while long pressing (almost a second) on the button of the mic/headset itself, why can't it be woken with hardware keys?

wish we had a kernel development thread 

Edited by shmizan

Guest sm4tik

To avoid some of the problems, here's what I've been doing lately

$ . build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch cyanogen_blade-eng

$ make installclean

$ make bacon

Though I have a dualcore processor, I still have to use 'make -j1 bacon' bacause I've got way too little memory. By default 'make bacon' will be using -j"number of cores" to build.

To confirm this should be working as expected, I made some local changes without repo syncing and the build was succesfull. I'm not sure if it will build the whole java part or just the apps I've made changes to (left it building and went to bed), but atleast this will save time not having to rebuild bigger things like webkit etc. I've not missed one change from upstream after a 'repo sync', but when building another one after the sync, some of my new changes were missing in my builds.

And build.prop will always be up to date :)

I'll report if something still gets messed up this way.

Guest sej7278

To confirm this should be working as expected, I made some local changes without repo syncing and the build was succesfull. I'm not sure if it will build the whole java part or just the apps I've made changes to (left it building and went to bed), but atleast this will save time not having to rebuild bigger things like webkit etc. I've not missed one change from upstream after a 'repo sync', but when building another one after the sync, some of my new changes were missing in my builds.

And build.prop will always be up to date :)

I'll report if something still gets messed up this way.

yes that's what i found - local changes are fine but if you repo sync you'll start to see things not rebuilt.

why are you using lunch+bacon instead of just brunch?

hi, just wondering where I can download sej's 20th March build. From the comments I've read it sounds good but its no longer on his site. Is there a reason for this?

Guest sej7278

hi, just wondering where I can download sej's 20th March build. From the comments I've read it sounds good but its no longer on his site. Is there a reason for this?

i took it down to save bandwidth and because its pretty old now. i'll stick a new one up when we get the new kernel/wifi fixed, until then there's nothing much going on.

i took it down to save bandwidth and because its pretty old now. i'll stick a new one up when we get the new kernel/wifi fixed, until then there's nothing much going on.

ok. thanks. i didnt realise 2 weeks was considered old in the ROM compiling world!

Im using RC1 right now which is fine but I just thought i'd try your build because of the few positive comments I read about it.

Guest sm4tik

why are you using lunch+bacon instead of just brunch?

To have the ability to run 'make installclean'.

edit: and actually as I said in the post, previously I've had problems with local changes not being picked up between repo syncs, not with changes synced from upstream. Removing /out does it's job, but for me it's just too much and makes no sense as there should be a better way to make sure all changes are picked up, whether local, upsteam or both. For now, I'll be using 'make installclean' until I see something fishy about it or find even a better solution.

Edited by sm4tik