[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

anyone tell me if the kernel link posted abit further up is a newer version to mine on cm7 my kernel is 2.6.35.7.

thanks.

All of them are 2.6.35.7 I think. Not all of them are the same though. The kernel version doesn't differentiate between changes the devs make to the kernel.

Guest ufizo

Here I am seeing something new.

My screen turns on, I thought that maybe I've a new sms/mail/notification, but no, there was nothing. The screen just turns on out of the blue and goes back off.

Overnight, this happened about 10+ times, and was associated with phone waking up, as seen in the attached figure.

post-889950-0-66915900-1334989176_thumb.

Spare parts > "Partial wake usage" suggests that it is 'android system'. Now what do I make of that? Is there a better way of diagnosing?

Guest k.d.11

Guys can someone tell me the changelog for the latest nightly dated 20-4?Thanks and sorry if i missed it being mentioned somewhere before..

Guest rabaip

Might be a stupid question but is it possible to somehow get back the soft keys option in tablet tweaks in the latest nightly? I found an old sej build that has it, could I get soft keys by copying the systemui.apk from that build?

Guest Sulthekk

Might be a stupid question but is it possible to somehow get back the soft keys option in tablet tweaks in the latest nightly? I found an old sej build that has it, could I get soft keys by copying the systemui.apk from that build?

That must be enabled in framework-res.apk. If you really need it to be in that nightly then you have to decompile framework-res.apk using apktool, modify the values as seen in the patch found on sej's server, then recompile it using apktool.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest rabaip

That must be enabled in framework-res.apk. If you really need it to be in that nightly then you have to decompile framework-res.apk using apktool, modify the values as seen in the patch found on sej's server, then recompile it using apktool.

thanks, I'll look into that. I suppose simply copying the framework-res.apk from sej's old build wont work?

Guest targetbsp

guys any idea if the wbaws cpu under clock and the AXI overclock are included in the CM7.2 daily builds? if no will it be ever added?

I believe the axi overclock is but not the cpu undervolting ( I assume you mean that rather than underclocking?).

Guest archish

I believe the axi overclock is but not the cpu undervolting ( I assume you mean that rather than underclocking?).

yeah cpu underclocking. I guess the new adreno libs are also not included? these improve performance by 15%?

any idea if the performance is better/worse compared to SS RLS7?

Guest targetbsp

They're not included in the official roms, no. They are in pretty much every unofficial/kang build or can be installed yourself from clockwork

Guest archish

Actually I am also looking for the soft keys option. Let me know if you get one. Thanks

I find the app drawer scrolling not that smooth compared to ss rls7, anyone else notice this? any quick fix?

Edited by archish

Guest rabaip

Actually I am also looking for the soft keys option. Let me know if you get one. Thanks

I find the app drawer scrolling not that smooth compared to ss rls7, anyone else notice this? any quick fix?

I ended up making a patch myself for soft keys. Works perfect on the latest (4.20) nightly. Just flash it in CWM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ubi59u98v7kg1sh

Also, the launcher that comes with cm7 is horrible, I am using the launcher from ss rls7 (extracted it from system apps) You just install it and works perfect. Other third party launchers are also pretty fast, like launcher pro, or go launcher.

Edited by rabaip

Guest archish

I ended up making a patch myself for soft keys. Works perfect on the latest (4.20) nightly. Just flash it in CWM.

http://www.mediafire...ubi59u98v7kg1sh

Also, the launcher that comes with cm7 is horrible, I am using the launcher from ss rls7 (extracted it from system apps) You just install it and works perfect. Other third party launchers are also pretty fast, like launcher pro, or go launcher.

Thanks for the soft keys mod patch. Is it possible to get the ss rls7 launcher zip file also :)

On a different note I found ss rls7 to be really smooth and when compared to cm nightly. cm wasn't that great in smoothness although the app loading seems faster in cm7. It could be that the the cm7 launcher was killing the overall experience. Any idea why cm does not include the new adreno libs by default?

Edited by archish

Guest targetbsp

I don't know if they're even aware those libs exist.

And you don't want to use the launcher included with CM7 (at least how it comes pre-configured). use whatever your preferred one is off the market.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest rabaip

Thanks for the soft keys mod patch. Is it possible to get the ss rls7 launcher zip file also :)

On a different note I found ss rls7 to be really smooth and when compared to cm nightly. cm wasn't that great in smoothness although the app loading seems faster in cm7. It could be that the the cm7 launcher was killing the overall experience. Any idea why cm does not include the new adreno libs by default?

Does the softkey patch work for you? Btw, here's the ss rls7 launcher. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?euwlo2tm3n9oil2 Just install the apk like any app.

About the adreno libs, I thought the latest nightlies all include it. If you wanna make sure u have them, here's the flashable zip http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6zo8dczpzrxozoo

Should work with any gingerbread rom.

Guest archish

Does the softkey patch work for you? Btw, here's the ss rls7 launcher. http://www.mediafire...euwlo2tm3n9oil2 Just install the apk like any app.

About the adreno libs, I thought the latest nightlies all include it. If you wanna make sure u have them, here's the flashable zip http://www.mediafire...6zo8dczpzrxozoo

Should work with any gingerbread rom.

haven't applied it yet, will be doing hopefully tonight...

I went ahead with cm 7.2 kang build as it already had adreno libs....is there any changlog as what extra patches are applied on kang build?

Guest rabaip

haven't applied it yet, will be doing hopefully tonight...

I went ahead with cm 7.2 kang build as it already had adreno libs....is there any changlog as what extra patches are applied on kang build?

You can check the cahnges in the repository, I think. It's weird, I dont see many changes for the blade specifically. I think there were some kernel changes for performance and wifi.